PDA

View Full Version : Powerboat last week, How'd it go- DCB, Eliminator, Howard, Trident?

yeah,right
04-04-2006, 06:44 AM
So we all know the evaluations were last week. I'm pretty sure it was the 100 mph shoot out. How did everyone do.
Who had the fastest cat? Who had the fastest V? I would think Howard had the fastest little V.
Did any real tunnels show up or was it all just training wheel boats?
Plus I remember Froggystyle saying his boat was being tested and then he was heading to Havasu. How did they like the boat Wes? I didn't see any pictures from this weekend, did you make it to Havasu?

OGShocker
04-04-2006, 06:50 AM
Spill it! Enquiring minds want to know!

Force This
04-04-2006, 07:13 AM
The Day I was there, Eliminator was the fasest cat. 28 footer was 10 miles an hour faster than the 32 DCB. Both were still well over 100mph.

a catered life
04-04-2006, 07:19 AM
The Day I was there, Eliminator was the fasest cat. 28 footer was 10 miles an hour faster than the 32 DCB. Both were still well over 100mph.
:) :) :) :D :D

Froggystyle
04-04-2006, 08:04 AM
There was some hardware for sure. Biggest numbers we saw put up were in the Shiada V that showed up. Big motor and great running. A little chine walk at speed, but it was dead flat. Other boats seemed to have some handling issues with the glass water and we saw some good porpoises and such.
We showed up, got evaluated on dry land, put it in the water and pulled it back out. During our thrash to get out there (drive showed up for the boat at midnight on Tuesday) we didn't get the transom adapter sealed all the way and we were taking on water. Stupid mistake on our part, but there was no time for a water test prior to the event. Hell, the 5200 was curing on the way!
Bottom line is, although we could have gotten it sealed up and back on the water, I determined that we wouldn't get anything less than our "A" game evaluated. It didn't make any sense to come this far to evaluate a boat we had to crunch to get together.
We ran it a little on Friday, had a blast and came home to get back to work. The weather was crappy in Parker, I guess it got a lot nicer for the weekend. Probably a bad move, I would have loved to hit Havasu but there is a mountain of work here at the shop right now and I had my new lead rigger there with me... effectively stopping the shop's progress.
Hopefully, we will be out there soon with all of you again. Looks like the crowds are picking up, and we hope to have the third boat out there by Memorial Day.
Overall, Powerboat was very impressed with the boat. They loved the layout, weight, construction process, fit and finish etc... We look very forward to the performance evaluations in fall, and we will be out on the water getting individual evaluations by everyone up until then.
Look for Powerboat's "Quick Take" article in June's issue.

Phat Matt
04-04-2006, 08:42 AM
The new E-ticket with 525's broke 100 mph. :)

TPI
04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I know that Howard brought a 28' Sportdeck out to be evaluated.But it was'nt part of the 100 mph thing. The boat was running a merc HP525 for power and I heard the conditions were really bad...............very windy, white caps, 3' rollers, etc......................................bottom line: I was told that the test drivers loved the Howard Sportdeck, and they ran it Over 83 mph.

GHT
04-04-2006, 06:56 PM
You sure seem bias toward E-tickets....... :rolleyes: :)

Phat Matt
04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
You sure seem bias toward E-tickets....... :rolleyes: :)
Larry called me on Saturday and told me how things went with him. I am just passing on the first hand information I know.
Oh, and I love my E-ticket. :D

Boatcop
04-04-2006, 07:04 PM
I got to watch some of the test boats blast by from my office window. Pretty impessive. Maybe I should have sat out on the dock with the radar and noise meter for some "objective" test readings.
I was down at the launch when Wes brought down the Trident. (Nice meeting you by the way, Wes)
Was really impressed by the looks and static design of the Trident. I would have liked to see how it ran with the duo-jet. Pretty slick set-up. Minor problems, but heck, this is a proto, and setbacks (pun intended) happen. :D

shadow
04-04-2006, 07:05 PM
:idea: Can't think of many 28 cats with twin 525's that couldn't break 100mph.So whats your point? :)
Just messing with you Matt.Wish i could afford one.E Ticket & the new 30 DCB would be at the top of my short list.

Phat Matt
04-04-2006, 07:14 PM
:idea: Can't think of many 28 cats with twin 525's that couldn't break 100mph.So whats your point? :)
Just messing with you Matt.Wish i could afford one.E Ticket & the new 30 DCB would be at the top of my short list.
This deck has a little weight to it though and he did it up hill. :)
You can always ride on mine. :)

shadow
04-04-2006, 07:17 PM
This deck has a little weight to it though and he did it up hill. :)
You can always ride on mine. :)
You forgot to add to uphill, & it was snowing both directions. :)
May take you up on that one of these days.

INSman
04-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Imagine what the twin Ilmors would run !!! :rollside:

Phat Matt
04-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Imagine what the twin Ilmors would run !!! :rollside:
I know he is going to build one so we will get to see. :)

me4drvr
04-05-2006, 07:29 AM
I don't see why an E-ticket wouldn't run like a dream with twin Ilmor's... the motor is sooo smooth. I'm still testing mine (a whole 2 trips) and get it up to 82 (GPS) with no fine tuning yet, and bouncing on the limiter, I'm hoping for 88-90 after it get's all dialed in. But I can only say that you have to ride in an Ilmor powered boat to really appreciate it... Allbeit that it is a Dodge... that's my only gripe.

voodoomedman
04-05-2006, 07:46 AM
There was some hardware for sure. Biggest numbers we saw put up were in the Shiada V that showed up. Big motor and great running. A little chine walk at speed, but it was dead flat. Other boats seemed to have some handling issues with the glass water and we saw some good porpoises and such.
We showed up, got evaluated on dry land, put it in the water and pulled it back out. During our thrash to get out there (drive showed up for the boat at midnight on Tuesday) we didn't get the transom adapter sealed all the way and we were taking on water. Stupid mistake on our part, but there was no time for a water test prior to the event. Hell, the 5200 was curing on the way!
Bottom line is, although we could have gotten it sealed up and back on the water, I determined that we wouldn't get anything less than our "A" game evaluated. It didn't make any sense to come this far to evaluate a boat we had to crunch to get together.
We ran it a little on Friday, had a blast and came home to get back to work. The weather was crappy in Parker, I guess it got a lot nicer for the weekend. Probably a bad move, I would have loved to hit Havasu but there is a mountain of work here at the shop right now and I had my new lead rigger there with me... effectively stopping the shop's progress.
Hopefully, we will be out there soon with all of you again. Looks like the crowds are picking up, and we hope to have the third boat out there by Memorial Day.
Overall, Powerboat was very impressed with the boat. They loved the layout, weight, construction process, fit and finish etc... We look very forward to the performance evaluations in fall, and we will be out on the water getting individual evaluations by everyone up until then.
Look for Powerboat's "Quick Take" article in June's issue.
Okay I know I'm going to get flamed for this because this is a Trident loving forum but.... I have to ask!
How come everytime you post it is about how great the boat ran blah blah blah everybody loves it blah blah blah. Test rides went smooth top speed was this we have the greatest product ever but.......
Whenever it's time for a show or an evaluation something somehow always gets in the way from it actually being evaluated by professionals? You just said you hope to have the third boat by Memorial. That tells me that you have two already. So with two boats, neither was in the condition to be evaluated? I am just asking because that is the way it seems. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what happens. Sounds like a well performing boat but the proof is in the pudding.

Froggystyle
04-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Okay I know I'm going to get flamed for this because this is a Trident loving forum but.... I have to ask!
How come everytime you post it is about how great the boat ran blah blah blah everybody loves it blah blah blah. Test rides went smooth top speed was this we have the greatest product ever but.......
Whenever it's time for a show or an evaluation something somehow always gets in the way from it actually being evaluated by professionals? You just said you hope to have the third boat by Memorial. That tells me that you have two already. So with two boats, neither was in the condition to be evaluated? I am just asking because that is the way it seems. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what happens. Sounds like a well performing boat but the proof is in the pudding.
Actually, the proof is in my buyers, who have test driven it... but we won't split hairs.. ;)
You make a great point. Unfortunately, when you go as far out on the limb as we have gone with regard to innovation, performance, safety and features, you are going to have some issues. It turns out that nobody else at the evaluation had to deal with two set back jets, a five piece, interconnecting 4 square foot piece of billet aluminum with a .020 tolerance and no means of sealing it except for 5200 caulking. It is a very difficult challenge to get right, and we have gotten it right three times, and cratered once. Unfortunately, we cratered right before the Powerboat evaluation.
The sheer amount of tooling involved on this boat is staggering. Nearly every single piece on it is a custom built part, with very few off the shelf items at all. From the dry sump tank for the drive to the turbo inlets, nearly everything attaching, hinging, bolting, handling or sealing on the boat has been built by us, for us. All had a development curve, all had some issues to resolve. That is done now for the most part.
The drive issue is no secret to anyone. We lost a shear pin on the gyroter pump. No oil to the drive for a period of time. Guess what though? We didn't even know. The drive got us home in one piece. Once we noticed we had no oil pressure, we had to shut it down and figure it out though. Unfortunately, that was two weeks later, on the trailer, hooked up and leaving for Havasu for Spring Break.
Development is a bitch. Without it though, we would have a boat like everyone else has. It would perform like everyone elses, drive like everyone elses, look like everyone elses etc... But we did develop... a lot! Bob Teague nearly overheated his voice recorder talking about the unique features on the boat. We brought it there with the intention of taking it out and re-setting the curve for the entire industry. Instead, we took on water.
I don't sit here tap dancing around my issues. Everyone knows about our successes and failures, and I have delivered on every promise.
We are taking it out again tomorrow. I encourage you to come down, take a look for yourself, take a ride in it and be the judge. I promise you that you will be impressed to say the least.
Professionals have evaluated it. Audiophiles have evaluated it. Engine builders have evaluated it, and most importantly, buyers have evaluated it. All have determined that it is the top of the food chain, by a lot.
Come on down. Lunch is on me if you do. See what all the fuss is about.
PS... as an interesting side note for you, my brand new Ultra nearly sank my first minute on the water with it because of the same problem. Same launch ramp actually. A leaking set-back jet adapter. It is easy to get wrong, and we did.

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Actually, the proof is in my buyers, who have test driven it... but we won't split hairs.. ;)
You make a great point. Unfortunately, when you go as far out on the limb as we have gone with regard to innovation, performance, safety and features, you are going to have some issues. It turns out that nobody else at the evaluation had to deal with two set back jets, a five piece, interconnecting 4 square foot piece of billet aluminum with a .020 tolerance and no means of sealing it except for 5200 caulking. It is a very difficult challenge to get right, and we have gotten it right three times, and cratered once. Unfortunately, we cratered right before the Powerboat evaluation.
The sheer amount of tooling involved on this boat is staggering. Nearly every single piece on it is a custom built part, with very few off the shelf items at all. From the dry sump tank for the drive to the turbo inlets, nearly everything attaching, hinging, bolting, handling or sealing on the boat has been built by us, for us. All had a development curve, all had some issues to resolve. That is done now for the most part.
The drive issue is no secret to anyone. We lost a shear pin on the gyroter pump. No oil to the drive for a period of time. Guess what though? We didn't even know. The drive got us home in one piece. Once we noticed we had no oil pressure, we had to shut it down and figure it out though. Unfortunately, that was two weeks later, on the trailer, hooked up and leaving for Havasu for Spring Break.
Development is a bitch. Without it though, we would have a boat like everyone else has. It would perform like everyone elses, drive like everyone elses, look like everyone elses etc... But we did develop... a lot! Bob Teague nearly overheated his voice recorder talking about the unique features on the boat. We brought it there with the intention of taking it out and re-setting the curve for the entire industry. Instead, we took on water.
I don't sit here tap dancing around my issues. Everyone knows about our successes and failures, and I have delivered on every promise.
We are taking it out again tomorrow. I encourage you to come down, take a look for yourself, take a ride in it and be the judge. I promise you that you will be impressed to say the least.
Professionals have evaluated it. Audiophiles have evaluated it. Engine builders have evaluated it, and most importantly, buyers have evaluated it. All have determined that it is the top of the food chain, by a lot.
PS... as an interesting side note for you, my brand new Ultra nearly sank my first minute on the water with it because of the same problem. Same launch ramp actually. A leaking set-back jet adapter. It is easy to get wrong, and we did.
Had to get in the dig.............

Jordy
04-05-2006, 08:11 AM
It turns out that nobody else at the evaluation had to deal with two set back jets, a five piece, interconnecting 4 square foot piece of billet aluminum with a .020 tolerance and no means of sealing it except for 5200 caulking. It is a very difficult challenge to get right, and we have gotten it right three times, and cratered once. Unfortunately, we cratered right before the Powerboat evaluation.
To avoid all that frustration you should have just taken the outboard powered Revolution out there with the jacuzzi where the engine would normally be. Problem solved. :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01152.JPG
Sucks that it didn't work out for ya Wes. :(

Froggystyle
04-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Fact, not a dig. A dig would be one of the myriad other things I could say about that boat...

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Fact, not a dig. A dig would be one of the myriad other things I could say about that boat...
You are using facts as a smoke sreen to divert your issues.
Build your boat.........take the good with the bad without involving others.

voodoomedman
04-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the response. I was just stating that is the perception I get and that I'm probably not the only one. It is nice of course to actually have a boat discussion thread. I never said anything had to be perfect. I'm sure DCB and Sk8ters have problems. Hell everytime I see Kilrtoy he is wearing his outboard engine covers as a hat. :D My point was more on the perception because even though you do state your problems it seems as if though the problems always happen at a time to keep you from evaluations or a boat show or something. If your ever in Havasu at the same time as me I'd definately take a ride. San Diego is a little far for me for just the day especially because I have to work. If it was around here I could pull away for a couple of hours but if I take a whole day off and use a personal day it will be to spend the day with my wife and son. I actually do think it's great that you are trying new thing to be innovative in the industry. Your particular boat may not exactly be my cup of tea but there are things about it that I would like if I bought another boat. I mean a 36 Sk8ter is not for me either but it's a bichen boat. You still didn't answer why you could use one of the first two boats????? Good luck with everything and when I do actually get to drive a Trident I will have my lunch order ready. :)

OGShocker
04-05-2006, 08:33 AM
God knows nobody here wants to be confused with "facts". :rolleyes:
Sorry you had troubles,Wes. You'll tear them up next time!
Good luck,
OGS

voodoomedman
04-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Yeah that too. It doesn't exactly make you look good when you bash or insinuate (hoping I spelled that right) bad things about other manufacturers being that you are a manufacturer yourself. My Ultra was not 100% perfect but it was 99% perfect and the service I have gotten from them has been 300% perfect. With all the stuff you say it actually does make me kind of want to wait for the first person to buy your boat and then we find out that he has issues with it. I would also find it hard to talk crap since I don't have enough fingers and toes to help me count how many Ultras or whatever other brand I will see on a weekend in Havasu but I don't need anything to count Tridents because there are none yet. Heck I'm not a big fan of the quality of let say a WaterRod but at least I see them floating on the water (That is if they didn't fally onto the launch ramp).

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 08:41 AM
God knows nobody here wants to be confused with "facts". :rolleyes:
Sorry you had troubles,Wes. You'll tear them up next time!
Good luck,
OGS
Nothing wrong with "facts" as long as you take responsibilty and accountablitly for the ones that belong to you, not others.

2sand2
04-05-2006, 08:41 AM
To avoid all that frustration you should have just taken the outboard powered Revolution out there with the jacuzzi where the engine would normally be. Problem solved. :D :D :D
Sucks that it didn't work out for ya Wes. :(
F***n Jordy.... who else would have a pic like that.... :D
that is too funny... hmmm and does anyone recognize some 'X's on those blenders??
he has a point though Wes... onboard jacuzi... course he would also have dueling brass poles on the front ramp... :rollside:
too bad bout the leak... when I finnaly get my downpayment you better make sure mine floats... jk
:)

Jbb
04-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Nothing wrong with "facts" as long as you take responsibilty and accountablitly for the ones that belong to you, not others.
You seem kinda sensitive....Froggy used the reference in the context of the same thing happenening to him....
Shit happens ....to all boat manufacturers...Is it wrong to point out the almighty Ultra has an occasional issue of its own?
I am friends with John with JM ...I like the stuff John West and Ultra do....I like that they are successful,and still build jets...
But the only brand new Ultra I ever saw ...was here in Atlanta years ago...and was brought to the boat show by a fledgling...and now defunct dealer......It was yellow.....and had a color issue bleeding thru the gel....that everybody in the place noticed......I believe John took the boat back...Knowing it happened ...would not stop me from buying an Ultra if I wanted one.....Point is shit sometimes happens despite how careful we are.....and its not wrong for people to know about......I am around brand new Skaters,MTI's and Nortechs ...all the time....guess what...they have an occasional issue as well

OGShocker
04-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Seems to me the comment of the "new Ultra" almost sinking was Wes' fact. He owned the boat. I don't think he was bashing on anyone. He was just showing how there is a problem setting up jets and how others have seen bad results too. IMHO.
Or.... what JBB said..:D

Jordy
04-05-2006, 08:54 AM
He was just showing how there is a problem setting up jets and how others have seen bad results too. IMHO.
That's how I read it, not with any bash intended, but perhaps I'm just getting too complacent with the forums here lately. :idea:

Jbb
04-05-2006, 08:56 AM
That's how I read it, not with any bash intended, but perhaps I'm just getting too complacent with the forums here lately. :idea:
The conflict resolution classes are making a girlie man out of you :p

Phat Matt
04-05-2006, 08:57 AM
What's with all the bashing? :) http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/teamturnkey.gif

OGShocker
04-05-2006, 08:58 AM
What's with all the bashing? :) http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/teamturnkey.gif
Fock you!

Jordy
04-05-2006, 09:00 AM
The conflict resolution classes are making a girlie man out of you :p
Hey, the Judge said if I did the classes... ;)
Actually, I've been burning all my frustrations and aggressions on the mountain bike lately. Seems to be better than bashing unsuspecting retards on an internet forum as there really was no challenge in that. :D
You want to join??? We're having a big regatta in Havasu. Man up and come out. Jetboats are welcome. :D :D :D

voodoomedman
04-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Seems to me the comment of the "new Ultra" almost sinking was Wes' fact. He owned the boat. I don't think he was bashing on anyone. He was just showing how there is a problem setting up jets and how others have seen bad results too. IMHO.
Or.... what JBB said..:D
From my perspective... Wes does kind of have a habit of trying to get digs or whatever you want to say about other manufacturers (especially Ultra). Personally stating the problem he had is one thing. It would appear to me that he purposely used that and said brand new Ultra to throw a dig. Especially since I own an Ultra and it's no secret I love my boat and the company. If it was just about the issue he should have said I bought a brand new boat once that did the same thing since he is in fact a competitor. I guess it could go either way. I too use facts in my sales calls but I try to make certain it is never perceived that I am bashing. It's not what you do but how it is perceived.

Phat Matt
04-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Fock you!
Well good morning OG. How about a nice big cup of STFU! :D

Jordy
04-05-2006, 09:07 AM
From my perspective...
Especially since I own an Ultra and it's no secret I love my boat and the company.
So you're super sensitive to anything anyone says about Ultra. Seems to me that might change your perspective on the comment that was made. I didn't see it as a dig on the company or your boat, rather as a comment illustrating something that had happened in another instance. :idea:
Seems to me that Wes and Trident have endured more than their fair share of bashing around here too, some seemingly by internet tough guys hiding behind fake logins yet he still answers questions and has been more than honest about what's going on with his project. Might want to give the guy a little credit for that. I know I don't have the balls to go out and start a company that is building something up from scratch, especially something with so many variables as a boat. ;)
If nothing else, it's only the internet, why take it so fockin' seriously???

Phat Matt
04-05-2006, 09:07 AM
You want to join??? We're having a big regatta in Havasu. Man up and come out. Jetboats are welcome. :D :D :D
Are Commanders welcome? I'll bring mine. :jawdrop:

OGShocker
04-05-2006, 09:09 AM
From my perspective... Wes does kind of have a habit of trying to get digs or whatever you want to say about other manufacturers (especially Ultra). Personally stating the problem he had is one thing. It would appear to me that he purposely used that and said brand new Ultra to throw a dig. Especially since I own an Ultra and it's no secret I love my boat and the company. If it was just about the issue he should have said I bought a brand new boat once that did the same thing since he is in fact a competitor. I guess it could go either way. I too use facts in my sales calls but I try to make certain it is never perceived that I am bashing. It's not what you do but how it is perceived.
I think we are perceived as "jacking" this thread. My last off topic comment is this.
I have met with both JW and Wes. Both have a passion for what they do. As for an answer to your last post.... As a NON Ultra owner, I stand by my earlier post..
Have a great day....

Kilrtoy
04-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Hell everytime I see Kilrtoy he is wearing his outboard engine covers as a hat. :)
That just goes to show how wrong you really are by making the assumptions you do.....
So every time you open your hatch you are having problems :rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
04-05-2006, 09:15 AM
A Trident Revolution with weed whackers - now there's a boat even Kilrtoy could love :D

Kilrtoy
04-05-2006, 09:18 AM
I was having engines problems this day alsohttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616HB14.JPG

Jordy
04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
I was having engines problems this day alsohttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616HB14.JPG
Was the thru-transom exhaust giving you troubles??? :D

Jbb
04-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Jordy.....Stop hating...... :p

OGShocker
04-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Well good morning OG. How about a nice big cup of STFU! :D
With two lumps, please...:D Morning Matt!

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 09:21 AM
So you're super sensitive to anything anyone says about Ultra. Seems to me that might change your perspective on the comment that was made. I didn't see it as a dig on the company or your boat, rather as a comment illustrating something that had happened in another instance. :idea:
Seems to me that Wes and Trident have endured more than their fair share of bashing around here too, some seemingly by internet tough guys hiding behind fake logins yet he still answers questions and has been more than honest about what's going on with his project. Might want to give the guy a little credit for that. I know I don't have the balls to go out and start a company that is building something up from scratch, especially something with so many variables as a boat. ;)
If you read my post not once did I ever, or will, say anything negative about Wes's boat.......I really think he has a great concept going....but....why bring other manufactures's into his problems. I believe, from what I have read, that Wes's boat will have it's place in the boating world. I think Wes will take care of any issues that might take place.
Now.....it seems the ones that have come to Wes's aid.......and God luv ya.....you all have the same loyalty instincts as I do with my boat. So.....with that being said........good luck Wes.
:)

Kilrtoy
04-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Actually no, my velocity stack was clogged and it was fouling my over the transom headers on my V10 outboards... :idea:

Jordy
04-05-2006, 09:28 AM
If you read my post not once did I ever, or will, say anything negative about Wes's boat.......
Wow, and if you read my post I didn't single out any single person with regards to any comments that were made, in this thread or any other for that matter. ;)
Oh, and as far as loyalty, I don't have any loyalty to anyone. I've got an East Coast offshore cat that's not a Skater. Say what you want about it as it doesn't hurt my feeling. I've met/know quite a few boat builders from all angles of performance. Does that mean I have loyalty to any of them??? Nope. I just call it as I see it. Always have and always will. Part of my charm I guess. :D
Actually no, my velocity stack was clogged and it was fouling my over the transom headers on my V10 outboards... :idea:
I hate when that happens. :notam:
p.s. RD SUX!!! :D

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Wow, and if you read my post I didn't single out any single person with regards to any comments that were made. ;)
Oh, and as far as loyalty, I don't have any loyalty to anyone. I've got an East Coast offshore cat that's not a Skater. Say what you want about it as it doesn't hurt my feeling. I've met/know quite a few boat builders from all angles of performance. Does that mean I have loyalty to any of them??? Nope. I just call it as I see it. Always have and always will. Part of my charm I guess. :D
I hate when that happens. :notam:
p.s. RD SUX!!! :D
Okee.........lets agree to one thing.......RD does SUX.

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 09:35 AM
"believe John took the boat back...Knowing it happened ...would not stop me from buying an Ultra if I wanted one.....Point is shit sometimes happens despite how careful we are.....and its not wrong for people to know about......I am around brand new Skaters,MTI's and Nortechs ...all the time....guess what...they have an occasional issue as well"
That's my point.......

Jbb
04-05-2006, 09:38 AM
"believe John took the boat back...Knowing it happened ...would not stop me from buying an Ultra if I wanted one.....Point is shit sometimes happens despite how careful we are.....and its not wrong for people to know about......I am around brand new Skaters,MTI's and Nortechs ...all the time....guess what...they have an occasional issue as well"
That's my point.......
ummm...ok
I thought you're point was that Wes was jabbin at Ultra for some reason.....Of course the actifed Im taking might be clouding my ability to understand... :p

Froggystyle
04-05-2006, 09:38 AM
I think everyone here is a little sensitive regarding the Ultra thing. I don't know what you want me to compare to though... My last boat was an Ultra, and the day it happened we nearly sank the boat. Ultra had not water tested it yet because we were rushed to get it to the very first OP6 event. I am sensing a theme here... rush the transom adapter, end up with a leak. Additionally, it is no secret that you are a big Ultra fan, as I was. I mentioned the failure to you to bring home the fact that it doesn't matter how many of these you do, problems can occur. It is not a simple interface, and it is nearly impossible to troubleshoot the leakage without putting it in the water. With another day of prep, I would have caught it, fixed it and been evaluated. The cards weren't right though, and I picked up the part at close to midnight on Tuesday. I am proud of my guys for getting it as far as we did in the time we had.
My Eliminator didn't have this problem, because the setback was done with a cast adapter. My Brendella, Charger, Sanger or Renegade never had this problem either. No transom adapter plate.
My point is simple, this is a normal problem. Lots of people have it. I have been very, very attentive to it in the past, and rushed this time and missed a spot. My bad.
Regarding having the second and third boats done... everything is done except the drive, which we are still doing the T&E on. There is 10 hours on the drive currently, and it has been out, completely gone through and inspected. Additionally, it has another block of many hours on it running on the test stand. We are pleased with it's performance, but it is new, and until all of the bugs are worked out, it isn't going into the second boat.
Currently, only one of these drives exists in the world right now, and it is in my boat. Everyone will have to be patient for a little longer.

voodoomedman
04-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Jordy, Jordy, Jordy
Read a couple of posts up. I gave him credit for answering my questions and for going after innovative designs in the market. Typing words may make me sound harsh when I am just asking questions or saying how I see it. I don't get hurt if people say bad things about Ultra if they are warranted. I don't particularly like when people go on a bashing spree about any manufacturer unless it is warranted. I would talk crap to John West if he came on here and started talking trash about Trident or any other manufacturer. When I first started going to boat shows I was turned off by the manufacturers that came off as everybody copies us and there boats suck blah blah blah. I have made this comment to Wes before in an effort to show him how some people may see it and maybe he might think about it. Let's face it is different if he says XYZ manufacturer sucks then if you or I say it. Yes it's the internet. That's why I'm not all serious and upset. I'm just sitting here being calm actually enjoying that were talking about boats and not about who Frenchie screwed this weekend while driving the boat backwards at full throttle through Thompson Bay.

Jbb
04-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I think everyone here is a little sensitive regarding the Ultra thing. I don't know what you want me to compare to though... My last boat was an Ultra, and the day it happened we nearly sank the boat. Ultra had not water tested it yet because we were rushed to get it to the very first OP6 event. I am sensing a theme here... rush the transom adapter, end up with a leak. Additionally, it is no secret that you are a big Ultra fan, as I was. I mentioned the failure to you to bring home the fact that it doesn't matter how many of these you do, problems can occur. It is not a simple interface, and it is nearly impossible to troubleshoot the leakage without putting it in the water. With another day of prep, I would have caught it, fixed it and been evaluated. The cards weren't right though, and I picked up the part at close to midnight on Tuesday. I am proud of my guys for getting it as far as we did in the time we had.
My Eliminator didn't have this problem, because the setback was done with a cast adapter. My Brendella, Charger, Sanger or Renegade never had this problem either. No transom adapter plate.
My point is simple, this is a normal problem. Lots of people have it. I have been very, very attentive to it in the past, and rushed this time and missed a spot. My bad.
Regarding having the second and third boats done... everything is done except the drive, which we are still doing the T&E on. There is 10 hours on the drive currently, and it has been out, completely gone through and inspected. Additionally, it has another block of many hours on it running on the test stand. We are pleased with it's performance, but it is new, and until all of the bugs are worked out, it isn't going into the second boat.
Currently, only one of these drives exists in the world right now, and it is in my boat. Everyone will have to be patient for a little longer.
Stay out of this Wes!.....Jordy's handling it!.... :mad: ........ :D :D

Jbb
04-05-2006, 09:43 AM
who Frenchie screwed this weekend while driving the boat backwards at full throttle through Thompson Bay.
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
This thread will start barking momentarily.... :p

Jordy
04-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Stay out of this Wes!.....Jordy's handling it!.... :mad: ........ :D :D
Brian, stop hating. :cool: :p :D

Lightning
04-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Well I just read this whole thread and all I have to say is that I saved a ton of money by switching to GEICO.

Ultracrazy
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
This thread will start baking momentarily.... :p
Too late.......the seal has been broken. :argue:

Froggystyle
...enjoying that were talking about boats and not about who Frenchie screwed this weekend while driving the boat backwards at full throttle through Thompson Bay.
Did that really happen? ;)
I am not taking any offense to this at all BTW... I am flattered that after all of the false starts people actually still care.
The boat is almost done, almost ready. When it is finished, you will see number two. That has been the plan all along. I test on mine, make changes and re-test. Take the findings, and include them on the next boat.
Jordy is fired up because he has seen the boat. He has sat in it, made motorboat noises in it and would have driven it if he hadn't been trying to keep his eyes on all of the lovelies partying on the front of it. Since he has seen it, his opinion has changed on it, and he realized quickly that we had delivered as promised. He watched us pull the hell away from him out of the hole, and run porpoise free all the way through our max speed... after which he walked away from us. ;) If you had seen it, you would likely have the same attitude towards it.
Thanks for the interest, I took it 100% as intended, I assure you.

voodoomedman
04-05-2006, 09:47 AM
That just goes to show how wrong you really are by making the assumptions you do.....
So every time you open your hatch you are having problems :rolleyes:
I was kidding dude. It was a joke since I knew you'd see it and I was asking you this the other day and you explained it to me. Also because somebody always posts the picture like everday showing you wearing a 300x hat. If I couldn't afford my boat I would be in a freaking aluminum fishing boat with an evinrude slowly making it down the lake.

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I am not taking any offense to this at all BTW... I am flattered that after all of the false starts people actually still care.
The boat is almost done, almost ready. When it is finished, you will see number two. That has been the plan all along. I test on mine, make changes and re-test. Take the findings, and include them on the next boat.
Jordy is fired up because he has seen the boat. He has sat in it, made motorboat noises in it and would have driven it if he hadn't been trying to keep his eyes on all of the lovelies partying on the front of it. Since he has seen it, his opinion has changed on it, and he realized quickly that we had delivered as promised. He watched us pull the hell away from him out of the hole, and run porpoise free all the way through our max speed... after which he walked away from us. ;) If you had seen it, you would likely have the same attitude towards it.
Will you guys be at the boat show this week?

Kilrtoy
04-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm just sitting here being calm actually enjoying that were talking about boats and not about who Frenchie screwed this weekend while driving the boat backwards at full throttle through Thompson Bay.
I think the Roxysnows might have that answer?

BarryMac
04-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Well I just read this whole thread and all I have to say is that I saved a ton of money by switching to GEICO.
LMFAO, you focking kill me focker...

Froggystyle
04-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Will you guys be at the boat show this week?
Oh hell no. :D
Want to be... won't be. I haven't signed up for any shows this year. I am in the building mode right now, and can't afford to hit the shows like I would want to. We don't have a display, dollies, brochures, salesmen or booth bunnies. Instead, we are going to try to be on the water a lot and do a lot of test drives.
This whole boat company thing is pretty expensive to start up. Especially if you tool everything from scratch. We are four years in now, and have finally got a near-finished boat on the water. As soon as we get the drive tested, we will be putting the finishing touches on boat #2 and #3 and boogying on down the road.
Alway a boat show down at Trident though. Anytime you want to come down, I would love to show you the boat and hit the water...
Wes

Jordy
04-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Walked??? I thought it was more of a run. :D :D :D
I do know that we took a vote and Froggy and the Trident have been 86'ed from Humbug. He showed up and every girl within a 12 boat radius in either direction of the tie up ended up on the Revolution shaking their asses and he stole my CD, that I have since improved up on, focker. :mad: :D :D

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Oh hell no. :D
Want to be... won't be. I haven't signed up for any shows this year. I am in the building mode right now, and can't afford to hit the shows like I would want to. We don't have a display, dollies, brochures, salesmen or booth bunnies. Instead, we are going to try to be on the water a lot and do a lot of test drives.
This whole boat company thing is pretty expensive to start up. Especially if you tool everything from scratch. We are four years in now, and have finally got a near-finished boat on the water. As soon as we get the drive tested, we will be putting the finishing touches on boat #2 and #3 and boogying on down the road.
Alway a boat show down at Trident though. Anytime you want to come down, I would love to show you the boat and hit the water...
Wes
Sounds good Wes..........when I'm the area I'll look ya up and take a peek. Do you have any shop bunnies? :cool:

voodoomedman
Thank you for your response to my questions. That's all they were meant to be. When talking with others about boats and innovation and construction come up I have actually brought up Trident and stated that there is this new company that is doing this and this and this. I also say that DCB does this, Lavey this , Ultra that, Sk8ter this.......... Thanks for not flaming me. I too hope I didn't come off as flaming. It now appears that maybe I did since I'm getting flamed responses from others.
VoodooMedMan <-----just a young punk trying to get more educated about his passion for boating.

Froggystyle
...ended up on the Revolution shaking their asses and he stole my CD, that I have since improved up on, focker. :mad: :D :D
Liberated dude... not stole.
Great CD right up until the Siouxie song though... then it goes downhill on a skateboard.

Jordy
04-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Liberated dude... not stole.
Great CD right up until the Siouxie song though... then it goes downhill on a skateboard.
Sorry, I threw it together in a hurry. It's since been revised and has been quite popular, especially with the
new 6V Trojans pushing the amps. ;)
Gotta work up some new party tunes for the impending season. :D

Froggystyle
04-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Sorry, I threw it together in a hurry. It's since been revised and has been quite popular, especially with the
new 6V Trojans pushing the amps. ;)
Gotta work up some new party tunes for the impending season. :D
PM me your addy. I have a three CD set that has strong Kung Fu so far. Many brain cells were killed in the making of it, as my friend Todd had to, in his words, listen to 2,000 songs of pure garbage on the radio today to come up with three CD's.
Seriously with the Trojans? :D

Froggystyle
04-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Do you have any shop bunnies? :cool:
I saw a dust bunny the size of my dog over in the polishing area if that is what you mean... I guess I could take a picture of it for you... ;)

Ultracrazy
04-05-2006, 10:11 AM
I saw a dust bunny the size of my dog over in the polishing area if that is what you mean... I guess I could take a picture of it for you... ;)
Oh please do.........any port in a storm as they say.

Jordy
04-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Seriously with the Trojans? :D
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley. :D

BajaMike
04-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm just sitting here being calm actually enjoying that were talking about boats and not about who Frenchie screwed this weekend while driving the boat backwards at full throttle through Thompson Bay.
Now, that's a good point.....some boat talking on Hot Boat. It must be Spring! :rollside: :)
:rollside: :) :rollside: :)

OGShocker
04-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Now, that's a good point.....some boat talking on Hot Boat. It must be Spring! :rollside: :)
:rollside: :) :rollside: :)
What kinda shit are you trying to instigate now?
I mean, Hi Mike! See you on the water!

yeah,right
04-05-2006, 05:16 PM
What's up with all you guys taking such offense to the comments made by Wes. Everyone knows he hated his boat and that's why he started his own company. He's never been one to hold back his feelings about his previous boat and all the other boats out there. He is building the best, most well thought out, quickest, lightest, strongest, watercraft ever concieved. Just ask him. I feel sorry for him that after all the hard work he wasn't able to have them do a full evaluation on it. It would have been great to show all those guys with chine walking, porpoising boats with handleing issues how it's done. Keep up the hard work Froggy, you'll get your chance to show them all someday.
Anybody ever find out what the top numbers were from the 100 mph shootout.

Kilrtoy
04-05-2006, 05:17 PM
What's up with all you guys taking such offense to the comments made by Wes. Everyone knows he hated his boat and that's why he started his own company. He's never been one to hold back his feelings about his previous boat and all the other boats out there. He is building the best, most well thought out, quickest, lightest, strongest, watercraft ever concieved. Just ask him. I feel sorry for him that after all the hard work he wasn't able to have them do a full evaluation on it. It would have been great to show all those guys with chine walking, porpoising boats with handleing issues how it's done. Keep up the hard work Froggy, you'll get your chance to show them all someday.
Odds on favorite was over 100MPH :boxed:

Froggystyle
04-06-2006, 08:26 AM
This wouldn't fit in my signature unfortunately... ;)
Like I said, come on down and I will show you in person and let you be the judge.
We are trying to make it out this weekend. Will you be in Havasu?

Phat Matt
04-06-2006, 08:27 AM
This wouldn't fit in my signature unfortunately... ;)
Like I said, come on down and I will show you in person and let you be the judge.
We will. :)

phebus
04-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Please Wes, don't come out, I don't want my wife to see your boat. She is more impulsive than I am. We both have a sickness... :messedup:

MR HARLEY
04-06-2006, 08:35 AM
We will be out , and Im still waiting for my turn to drive the Trident :crossx:

Froggystyle
04-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Please Wes, don't come out, I don't want my wife to see your boat. She is more impulsive than I am. We both have a sickness... :messedup:
You've seen it... time to work on the wife now ;)
I am water-testing the boat today and will know if we are going to make it out or not this afternoon. We may have to drop the boat off at Extreme to get the trailer work done by the weekend crew. Basically, the boat has such tall tunnels that a standard trailer setup never gets the tunnels high and dry without bringing water in your back doors on the truck.
So, we are re-designing the trailer, and I hope it doesn't conflict with heading out this weekend.
Will confirm tonight though..

OGShocker
04-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I am water-testing the boat today and will know if we are going to make it out or not this afternoon. We may have to drop the boat off at Extreme to get the trailer work done by the weekend crew. Basically, the boat has such tall tunnels that a standard trailer setup never gets the tunnels high and dry without bringing water in your back doors on the truck.
So, we are re-designing the trailer, and I hope it doesn't conflict with heading out this weekend.
Will confirm tonight though..
Wes, you have my cell number. Give us a call if you have time...

phebus
04-06-2006, 12:25 PM
I loved the boat, and I'm sure she will to :) That's what scares me :2purples: