PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Question

One Particular Harbor
06-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Okay, there may not be enough information here for you to render an opinion, but I thought I would ask and see if anyone has past experience, insight, etc. with this type of problem.
My CD changer (Sony Xplod 10-disk) quit working after a particularly rough run across Havasu on Memorial weekend. Essentially, it does not appear that the unit is receiving any power. I cannot even eject the disk cartridge to get my CD's out.
I have traced back the lines and it would appear (?) that power would be provided to the unit through the control cable that runs from the head unit (also a Sony). I pulled the head unit and checked all of the connections, so it doesn't appear to be a loose wire. By the way, the head unit itself seems to be working normally. So, my question is...what is the most likely source of the problem?
a) Is the CD changer itself damaged or would it have an internal circuit breaker of some sort?
b) Is it likely that the control cable got pinched somewhere between the head unit and the changer?
c) Is it possible that there is something wrong with the head unit?
I would appreciate any thoughts...
OPH

ROZ
06-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Did you check the unilink cable for power?

rivercrazy
06-09-2004, 12:31 PM
There is also a unilink cable connection the CD changer itself. Check that connection too.
One other thing you can do is reset the head unit. On Sony's there is typically a very small reset switch that can be activated that is about the size of a pin head. Try reseting that.

77charger
06-09-2004, 04:07 PM
I have a sony t67 6 disc changer and everytime i turn the batteries on i have to push the reset button on the head unit to get the changer to power up.Dont know why but i had probs i asked my neighbor about it he told me reset the changer it worked.If i turn the batts on without resetting i cant get my disc out either it is powerless.
Look on the head unit for the reset button try that.If it doesnt work well i dont know what else to tell you

ROZ
06-09-2004, 07:17 PM
There is a reset button that resembles an old digital watch reset type button. Use a puchpin to gently reset it. It may work...

BoatFloating
06-09-2004, 07:41 PM
I had this problem once. First make sure the unilink cable is conected and then push reset button on the head unit. This resets everything and kicks power back to CD changer and this should pop out you cartridge also.

TrojanDan
06-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
One other thing you can do is reset the head unit. On Sony's there is typically a very small reset switch that can be activated that is about the size of a pin head. Try reseting that.
I had to do that this past weekend because the flip down display wasn't closing. Luckily enough the Sony head unit tells you on the display to reset the unit. :cool: