PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Billett Trailer Hitch......

Havasu47
04-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Where do you get them?

djunkie
04-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Where do you get them?
River Dave was selling them a while back. Maybe he can still get them.

boatnam2
04-04-2006, 01:00 PM
rapidhitch.com

JetBoatRich
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
I bought mine on e-bay :rolleyes:

syke-o
04-04-2006, 01:08 PM
along the same lines of this question.. is there any recommended height for the trailer hitch from the ground when towing?? for example i have a stock F250 2wd and the height is around 20" from the ground to the top of the ball give or take, and my buddy volunteered to tow with his truck which is lifted, and after we tried a 12" drop hitch the measurement from the ground is 23" to the top of the ball on the hitch... is that enough to make a difference??? the boat rides a little higher in the front, and the bottom of the drive is only 1" lower to the ground..

Roaddogg 4040
04-04-2006, 01:11 PM
The trailer frame should be level...
Steve

Havasu47
04-04-2006, 01:13 PM
along the same lines of this question.. is there any recommended height for the trailer hitch from the ground when towing?? for example i have a stock F250 2wd and the height is around 20" from the ground to the top of the ball give or take, and my buddy volunteered to tow with his truck which is lifted, and after we tried a 12" drop hitch the measurement from the ground is 23" to the top of the ball on the hitch... is that enough to make a difference??? the boat rides a little higher in the front, and the bottom of the drive is only 1" lower to the ground..
Level your trailer and measure the ball height.

boatnam2
04-04-2006, 01:14 PM
the only thing i consider when towing is is the boat level.i have a lifted truck and go about half way down on a 11" hitch for the boat and all the way down for the motorcycle trailer and ball height is still to high.could use a another few inches of drop but trailer is old so its drags the ground every once in a while.if it was a an outdrive i would of not tow it unless i got more drop.

Havasu47
04-04-2006, 01:15 PM
rapidhitch.com
Tried www.rapidhitch.com and does not work for me.
Thanks for the answers. Jetboatrich, what description did you search for on Ebay?

JetBoatRich
04-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Tried www.rapidhitch.com and does not work for me.
Thanks for the answers. Jetboatrich, what description did you search for on Ebay?
EBAY- HITCH (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAPID-HITCH-ADJUSTABLE-TRAILER-HITCH-2-X-2-5-16-BALLS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33653QQitemZ80532 74106QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

boatnam2
04-04-2006, 01:22 PM
im sorry hitchsolutions.com,i payed 230 for the 11"billet drop a few years ago with locking pins.

NorCalCat
04-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Where do you get them?
Try this site.
http://www.hitchsolutions.com/rapidhitch.html

NautiTwins
04-04-2006, 01:35 PM
When I bought my hitch (same truck as yours) the guy leveled the boat then measured. I ended up with a 2 inch drop hitch. The boat sits perfectly level without any major weight in the bed of the truck.

LUVNLIFE
04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
I believe the correct measurement is 18.5" to the top of the flat part where the ball mounts. :)

Daytona19
04-04-2006, 01:42 PM
My rapid hitch came from ebay. I think it was 130.00 with the two matching locking pins. GREAT ITEM!!! :D

Keith E. Sayre
04-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Call Ryan across the street from us here in Havasu at Slide Anchor. they
have them too.
As for the comments on the leveling of the trailer etc. --what Havasu 47 said is absolutely correct. "level the trailer" and tow it like that. If you tow
too high or too low you'll be putting a disproportionate amount of weight on
either the front or the rear axle and depending on how close each one is
already to it's load capability, you could put so much weight on one of the
other that you start burning up bearings. You may get away with it for awhile, but it'll get ya sooner than later. Depending on your loads, it could
also put such a load on one or the other axle that it could make the tire rub
the fender which will ruin the chrome or paint on the fender itself.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

termiteguy
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Where do you get them?
i seen them in parker this lastweekend at eddie marine and spankes rv and marine dont know if that helps or not.

OGShocker
04-04-2006, 01:57 PM
the only thing i consider when towing is is the boat level.i have a lifted truck and go about half way down on a 11" hitch for the boat and all the way down for the motorcycle trailer and ball height is still to high.could use a another few inches of drop but trailer is old so its drags the ground every once in a while.if it was a an outdrive i would of not tow it unless i got more drop.
I think he drives a SION Toaster...LMAO... :crossx:

syke-o
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Call Ryan across the street from us here in Havasu at Slide Anchor. they
have them too.
As for the comments on the leveling of the trailer etc. --what Havasu 47 said is absolutely correct. "level the trailer" and tow it like that. If you tow
too high or too low you'll be putting a disproportionate amount of weight on
either the front or the rear axle and depending on how close each one is
already to it's load capability, you could put so much weight on one of the
other that you start burning up bearings. You may get away with it for awhile, but it'll get ya sooner than later. Depending on your loads, it could
also put such a load on one or the other axle that it could make the tire rub
the fender which will ruin the chrome or paint on the fender itself.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
thanks. this is good info.. i am thinking it might be ok for just one weekend as it is only a little higher than standard and nothing rubs or looks out of wack..

atomickitn
04-04-2006, 02:47 PM
hey brian steve has them over at accessory house next to our shop, in montclair.. :idea:

OGShocker
04-04-2006, 03:02 PM
hey brian steve has them over at accessory house next to our shop, in montclair.. :idea:
Will those fit on his SION?

Havasu47
04-05-2006, 08:29 AM
I think he drives a SION Toaster...LMAO... :crossx:
You mean SCION Mr. OGFocker?? :crossx: :yuk: :D :D
It runs good now with the BBC!!
Thanks for the help everyone!

OGShocker
04-05-2006, 08:35 AM
You mean SCION Mr. OGFocker?? :crossx: :yuk: :D :D
It runs good now with the BBC!!
Thanks for the help everyone!
Did you have to read the owners manual to look for the spelling? :D

Havasu47
04-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Did you have to read the owners manual to look for the spelling? :D
Memory retention!!! :)

OGShocker
04-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Memory retention!!! :)
You have reached your maximum post limit. Please return to work.

ThongMagnet
04-05-2006, 03:38 PM
For safe and comfortable towing, the trailer should always be as level as possible. Because trailer and vehicle heights often differ, a ballmount with a Rise or a Drop is required. To determine which and how much of a rise or drop is needed, follow the simple steps below.
http://www.etrailer.com/faq/ballmount.asp
This should work for most.