View Full Version : Catalina Water Ski Race 6-26-04

Mike J.
06-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Not sure this is the right place to ask BUT
Whos going to be there??
Mike J.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-16-2004, 05:35 PM
All of d-row and more! Check cats and tunnels! 3d0/bling/are bringing the rides.

hottrodder
06-17-2004, 11:46 AM
every year since '91. Competed thrice.

jody165
06-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Is this the Mike J from Team Scarab fame?
We'll be there with our Larry Smith Scarab. Look for an all white 38 ft flatdeck #65 in men's open. Hopefully we'll be in the top 10 but there is so many things that can go wrong.
Jody

XtrmWakeborder
06-23-2004, 04:06 PM
ill be there.

Havasu Cig
06-23-2004, 06:36 PM
We will be there in the Gun along with a friend in his 33 PowerPlay.
See you guys there, and good luck Jody!!

spectras only
06-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Havasu Cig , I'll be in SD late july.What boatshops are there I could nose around ;) .Can't just spend all the time with relatives:D

Havasu Cig
06-24-2004, 08:28 AM
You have Eliminator, DCB, Ultra.... just to name a few of the custom shops in the area.
You can also cruise up the coast about 45 minutes or so and visit Dick Simon Marine in Dana Point and see some offshore rigs.
I also have a friend that owns a dealership on the water in Mission Bay and he usually has some Fountains and Formulas on the lot. He is right next to Sea World.
As the date gets closer let me know, I have a gas station down the street and maybe we can meet up.:cool:

spectras only
06-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
As the date gets closer let me know, I have a gas station down the street and maybe we can meet up.:cool: [/B] I'll chip in :D :cool: . Thanks for the info Cig

River Lynchmob
06-24-2004, 02:28 PM
I'll be there pulling Todd again trying for a 4th overall win this year. hope to see some of you down there for beers afterwards.

hottrodder
06-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Congratulations on the record John! From my vantage point I couldn't tell if the boat was red or blue (I'd still like to see Mike\Carson pull another one off). Then I looked back to see who was second and there wasn't anyone. I heard Martie spashed. Anyway great work!
Tell Jack not to sell to Dan. I had Dan back out on my first deal for the longdeck.

River Lynchmob
06-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by hottrodder
Congratulations on the record John! From my vantage point I couldn't tell if the boat was red or blue (I'd still like to see Mike\Carson pull another one off). Then I looked back to see who was second and there wasn't anyone. I heard Martie spashed. Anyway great work!
Tell Jack not to sell to Dan. I had Dan back out on my first deal for the longdeck.
Thanks, Matry spalshed real hard and we some motor problems and almost put the boat over on and catalina express wake but all ended good. We have the boat at Carsons seeing if there is any motor/hull damage. if we seel this boat we are goingto buy another one. the only problem all the new hulls have steps and the straight bottom is perfect for this race. So we will see what happens with the boat and with dan to see what we will do for next year. Thanks again.

Mike J.
06-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Jody165: Yep its me, But NO MAS Team Scarab
I did bring the 16ft Scarab (RED) With flag
out of moth balls for the morning.
I was just back of you heading out to the
start.
Mike J.

SCOPE
06-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Here's some pic's on the SCOPE site!!!!
http://www.scopeinfo.com/Photos/2004-Catalina-Ski-Race.htm