PDA

View Full Version : Old photos

Santana
06-18-2004, 09:41 AM
OK Havasu fans, here is a few old photos. We moved there in 68. It was awesome, only lived a mile from the lake, and was on the lake all summer, rode our motorcycles all over town, started Mudshark, not the restuarant but the beach it was named after, which is now Rotary park, we used to drag race our jeeps on the beach, Copper Canyon was just a canyon, there was no channel or bridge, the sand bar you play on today was probably in Bulhead! Wow what change, It is alot of fun today but a blast to grow up in Lake Havasu City.
The photo is where the brdige is today.

dmontzsta
06-18-2004, 09:48 AM
cool, old photos are great.

Cole Sanger
06-18-2004, 09:49 AM
You probably knew my parents or some of my family. Do the last names Knipe, Keefer, Cullison, or Ecland ring a bell?

Santana
06-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Here is another photo

Santana
06-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Cole Sanger
You probably knew my parents or some of my family. Do the last names Knipe, Keefer, Cullison, or Ecland ring a bell?
Are any of them about 44 old now?

HavasuDreamin'
06-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Great photos. You probably remember when there wasn't one signal in town. When there were only three signal in town, and when you could buy just about anything you needed at Yellow Front down on London Bridge Road.
:)

alfonzo
06-18-2004, 10:04 AM
Where are the arial shots:D J/K. those are very cool!Its a trip to see a city go through so many changes over 40 years!!

RVRGIRL
06-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Thanks for sharing those photos. Alot different from now. I still wish we had some type of a mall. Its hard only being able 2 shop at Wallmart or Kmart.:(

Santana
06-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Great photos. You probably remember when there wasn't one signal in town. When there were only three signal in town, and when you could buy just about anything you needed at Yellow Front down on London Bridge Road.
:) You are right, or Claypools uptown, or the G&P market.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by RVRGIRL
Thanks for sharing those photos. Alot different from now. I still wish we had some type of a mall. Its hard only being able 2 shop at Wallmart or Kmart.:(
Horizon outlet Center in Laughlin. Granted it's 70 miles away but it's accessible. The city keep growing the way it is the mall out by the airport will take off. Especially if they get a Costco to come in.

LUVNLIFE
06-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Damn I was born in 1968.

HavasuDreamin'
06-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Santana
started Mudshark, not the restuarant but the beach it was named after, which is now Rotary park
I remember as a kid kicking it on the "state beach" and watching all the 4x4 trucks cruise up and down mudshark beach. I remember guys launching their jetboat there, etc. Great times.

summerlove
06-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Here's a pic I remember....the bridge with dirt instead of water beneath it!
In 1978, 13 of us jumped off center span - only casualty was a broken rib! So much for a bunch of stupid high school kids and their first beer!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/951bridge.jpg

dmontzsta
06-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by summerlove
Here's a pic I remember....the bridge with dirt instead of water beneath it!
In 1978, 13 of us jumped off center span - only casualty was a broken rib! So much for a bunch of stupid high school kids and their first beer!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/951bridge.jpg
ouch

RVRGIRL
06-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Horizon outlet Center in Laughlin. Granted it's 70 miles away but it's accessible. The city keep growing the way it is the mall out by the airport will take off. Especially if they get a Costco to come in.
Costco would be WONDERFUL.... I wonder if we will get one... Only time will tell.

EXTRMBT
06-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Did any of you guys or your parents work for Mcculloch back in the day?
Does the last name Johnson ring a bell. it's a long shot but since the subject was up thought I'd chime in.
yellowfront was the ish
:D

Debbolas
06-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Costco would be WONDERFUL.... I wonder if we will get one... Only time will tell.
I vote for a Costco in you area soon too!!
:D
(Then we would never run out of slurricaines)

Santana
06-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by EXTRMBT
Does the last name Johnson ring a bell. it's a long shot but since the subject was up thought I'd chime in.
yellowfront was the ish
:D THe only ones I knew was , Rob Poteet, Dave Sedevee, Derek Lewis,

Desert Rat
06-18-2004, 12:51 PM
That would be fantastic!! I could get the wife to transfer, I could take a very early retirement and at least I would live happily ever after:D :D :D

Santana
06-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by HUFFPOWER
i remember when crazy horse had that water slide, the rodeway hotel was a cool party spot, when 6a.m. was calling you to the water to ski !!! i first started going there in 1972, i remember in 1976 bringing back a CR125 that we loaded in my dads first 23' daycruiser, bought from havasu wheels, damn those were cool days, the "river rat " t's were very cool:D Did you get the CR125 from Havasu Honda?

alfonzo
06-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by EXTRMBT
yellowfront was the ish
:D My Mom, McCulloch Oil.

Cole Sanger
06-19-2004, 10:06 PM
My dad is Dan Keefer and he is 50, Mom's maiden name was Terry Knipe until she married my dad and she is 47 now. My aunt's and uncles are Danny, Mary, John, Denise, David, and Nancy. My cousin is Chris and Dillan. My Grandparents are Dick and Eunita Knipe. Am I ringing any bells? Most everyone worked for Mcculloch back in the day until freakin NAFTA came in and screwed it all up. They need to get a Target in town so that I can move up there. My wife has worked for Target too long for us to move.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-19-2004, 10:52 PM
wow.. how things change.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=750259

RiverRatMike
06-19-2004, 11:03 PM
wow that is a awesome photo, please post more

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 08:35 AM
Its great to think back at all the people who had fun in the same place we have fun now.