PDA

View Full Version : SPAM Top Deck Trailer attachment for PWC F/S

Impelled
06-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Bolt-on tariler attachment to hold two PWC above your boat. Uses electric winch to either pull them up a ramp, or a hoist to winch them up ove the side. We use this to carry two PWC above our boat, but are buting a larger boat and are selling it separately. Nice, secure unit. Selling for $1,200.00.
Contact David at (909) 213-1575, or impros@earthlink.nethttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4414DCP_1806.JPG

Mohavekid
06-19-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm very interested in this rack.
Can you tell me the dimensions on it?
Height from where it bolts to the trailer to the highest part of the rack.
Width 20-25 inches up from where it bolts to the trailer.
Length from front to rear.
I've been looking for someone to make a rack like this for my trailer and have had no luck. This might solve my problem.
thx

Impelled
06-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Sure, it's 58" up from the mounting point to the bottom of the frame on top to clear the boat. Width at the wide points for the boat to clear is 8'. I don't think the length will matter much, because you position the rear where you want it, and bolt the front wherever it lands, but it is 98" long. It is nice, it has carpeted plywood base so you can walk around easily up there, and the bottom of the legs are not just bolted to the frame, but we built a support at the bottom that mounts to the frame of the trailer, and the legs drop down into each receiver.
If you think it'll fit, let me know, and I can measure where the bottom support holds the trailer. Because of variations in trailer design, I bet the most you'd have to do is relocate the tabs to bolt the bottom support to the trailer. This is a 21' boat, and it fits nice.
By the way, the boat is for sale too, in case you know of someone looking. It's listed as spam '95 Ultimate Warlock 21 in the ***boats section.
Thanks
David

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 01:09 PM
That whole set up is very nice. I like it.

Mohavekid
06-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Impelled, thanks for the measurements.
My boat is 8'5" wide, so I don't think your rack will work for my set up.
Can you tell me who made this rack for you?
I've been trying to find a shop to do this kind of thing for me, and I've had no luck up here in Nor-Cal.
Good luck selling the boat and rack.
thx

Impelled
06-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear that it won't work for you Mohave. It's a great rack, but I think it'll have to be used with a 21-22' max boat. A friend made it originally, and I customized it to fit my trailer. I've seen a few similar racks by Kustom Trailers in Corona, and I think Bear trailers. I like Triton Trailers setup, but can't see how you'd get the skis down without removing the boat first (like at home or at a shop).
Thanks for the interest, good luck with it.
Take care,
David

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Pretty much what I am looking for. What kind of a boat is that under the skis?
I have an Ultra 21 footer... looks just about the same size.

Impelled
06-22-2004, 06:35 AM
It's a 21' Ultimate Warlock XTi. I am almost positive it's the same hull design as the Ultra LX. It's also the same as the Shockwave LS, Commander has one, Advantage does too. I love the boat, but am selling it too. I just figured it would be easier to sell seperate. Can't imagine the same person would be looking for my boat that also needs the PWC rack, but I guess it could happen.
Thanks
David

Dr. Eagle
06-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Impelled
It's a 21' Ultimate Warlock XTi. I am almost positive it's the same hull design as the Ultra LX. It's also the same as the Shockwave LS, Commander has one, Advantage does too. I love the boat, but am selling it too. I just figured it would be easier to sell seperate. Can't imagine the same person would be looking for my boat that also needs the PWC rack, but I guess it could happen.
Thanks
David
I am very interested... can I see it?

Impelled
06-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Absolutley Dr. Eagle. Give me a call and we can dicuss some options.
David
909-213-1575
909-370-4900

Dr. Eagle
06-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Impelled
Absolutley Dr. Eagle. Give me a call and we can dicuss some options.
David
909-213-1575
909-370-4900
Sorry Mr. Impelled, I will try to give you a call tomorrow. I have been pretty busy this week at work...

Impelled
07-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Sold the boat, so I'm dealin' on the trailer attachment that's still for sale takin' up room in my shop. Contact me with a reasonable offer and it's yours. The thing really does work great for someone that wants to bring skis along on a trip with the boat. I see them all the time used for anywhere from $2-3,000.00.
David
909-370-4900

Evo22
07-08-2004, 06:11 PM
hey the guys up at INTERTECH (661)286-9997 ask for Brian or Alan in valencia build that unit which goes up and down hydralically I had it on my last boat trailer worked flawlessly for 3 years

Impelled
07-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanks, but I'm selling this because that boat and trailer are gone. I think the cost of a hydraulic would be at least 4 times as much as I'm asking for this, and the skis simply pull right up the back on a ramp with an electric winch, or with the hoist I also have.
Regards,
David