PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaner

BarryMac
06-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Sorry to bring it up again, what is the best way to clean my interior, the seats a mostly white, I would like them to keep looking nice and bright and right now they look a little grungy.
thanks gjb...

FRENCHIE
06-20-2004, 04:56 PM
mr clean magic ereaser!;)

ahhell
06-20-2004, 05:02 PM
weve been using sofscrub with bleach on the white stuff, then condition with maquires leather care...the wifey just did it today:D

WILD LAVEY
06-20-2004, 06:02 PM
yup, what frenchie said

rposton1
06-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by WILD LAVEY
yup, what frenchie said
YEAH! that stuff is amazing....Rob

mbrown2
06-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Zep Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner in Spray Can...shit cleans and conditions without any elbow grease..

spute
06-20-2004, 06:43 PM
i used this citrus hand cleaner with pumus (SP?) that i got at autozone. unbleivable stuff...

Ntwotrance
06-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
weve been using sofscrub with bleach on the white stuff, then condition with maquires leather care...the wifey just did it today:D
this is the correct way if you don't want pitting of your interior and a softer material....:D

Ntwotrance
06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
also if you having serious staining on your white seats, and if the softscrub doesn't work, use simple green. don't let it stay on to long and make sure to use a conditioner right after or it will (like all other cleaners) start to deteriorate the material....

Debbolas
06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
We use the Frenzy Products. There is an orange cleaner we dab directly on and scrub with a brush. I mix Simple Green with water and wash the seats this way. Then I seal them with the vinyl silicone sealer. Works Great! :D

77charger
06-20-2004, 07:06 PM
depending on the dityness simole green either diluted or straight.then go over with 303 protectant when done

BarryMac
06-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks to all the responses, we are going this coming weekend and I want the seats to be blindingly clean, (if there is such a word) were so bright you gotta wear shades...
gjb

Kilrtoy
06-20-2004, 07:27 PM
GOOP
only a buck and works the best.
Protects your seats the best......

Ntwotrance
06-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
depending on the dityness simole green either diluted or straight.then go over with 303 protectant when done
never heard of 303...?...who makes it? is it a conditioner?

Jrocket
06-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Zep Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner in Spray Can...shit cleans and conditions without any elbow grease..
From Home Depot?

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
From Home Depot?
Sounds like........

77charger
06-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
never heard of 303...?...who makes it? is it a conditioner? its a uv protectant good stuff you can find it from summit,overtons,and west marine

Dr. Eagle
06-20-2004, 08:53 PM
its a uv protectant good stuff you can find it from summit,overtons,and west marine
You can get it on Ski Limited and Barts too. It is the sh*t for protecting vinyl...

Ntwotrance
06-20-2004, 09:12 PM
its a uv protectant good stuff you can find it from summit,overtons,and west marine
thanks, gonna check it out.

Huckleberry
06-21-2004, 06:19 AM
An old favorite that works awesome...Plain ol' Fantastic (Not 409)cleaner spray is the shiznit! Cleans it spotless. Then follow up with the 303!

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
An old favorite that works awesome...Plain ol' Fantastic (Not 409)cleaner spray is the shiznit! Cleans it spotless. Then follow up with the 303!
Problem with either 409 or Fantastic is that they can affect the color in some vinyls. I'd be careful about using them, test them on a spot of vinyl where it is hidden from view.

Huckleberry
06-21-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Problem with either 409 or Fantastic is that they can affect the color in some vinyls. I'd be careful about using them, test them on a spot of vinyl where it is hidden from view.
I agree on testing! I alway test any cleaner I use in the boat, car, or home prior to doing the whole job. I learned the hard way several years ago on my home sofa. :eek:
I've used Fantastic with a soft scrub brush for years on many different boat interiors. The last five or so I learned about the 303 and always follow up with that to put the essential oils and protectants back into the vinyl. Too bad that crap is so expensive!

mbrown2
06-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
From Home Depot?
No; they don't stock it at Home Depot....You can either get from them directly, or I have found it at most Marine Shops around Havasu and even at Half Track or Kelly's in Parker....I was turned on to it when Ron's Custom Detail gave me a couple cans one time I had my boat done there, and have never used anything else....listening to most...it sounds like they use a cleaner and then protector or more harsh cleaners...this stuff is spray out of can (not pump spray) and so it foams up and spreads really easy, and it cleans and conditions in one application....it works better than anything I have tried and I have tried a ton, plus you cannot beat the 1 step application...no tough rubbing either..

OC Ultra
06-21-2004, 07:44 AM
I tried that new Oxy clean stuff from Armor all......it's magic! I don't know what it is the kids sunscreen or what but sometimes it looks like I had mechanics sitting in the boat. Gets like grey smudges. Does any one find that when using protectorant the vinyl gets dirtier faster?

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by OC Ultra
Does any one find that when using protectorant the vinyl gets dirtier faster?
Not with 303, I did with other protectants... 303 doesn't leave a greasy film...

Slick
06-21-2004, 08:02 AM
That's my method. 303 is made by 3M.

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Slick
That's my method. 303 is made by 3M.
Same method I used to use...

Mr.Havasu
06-21-2004, 08:04 AM
There are several cleaners that all work well!
Use a soft bristol brush to get in all the poures. AND ALWAYS CONDITION AFTERWARDS!
We sell some great products on our web site (link below on our signature)

copperrat20
06-21-2004, 08:10 AM
I also have white interior. I got some greese on mine and couldn't get it out. I went the the shop that upholstered it and the lady had a bottle with liquid in it. She tipped some out on a rag and then wiped the interior clean. Believe it or not- it was gasoline. She said don't squirt the vinyl. Squirt the rag then wipe the vinyl. It came clean and it didn't leave any smell. Then after she clean it and I got it home I wiped it all down with McQuires Vinyl shine. It left it shiny with a good smell. Hope that helps!:)