PDA

View Full Version : Another Havasu Real Estate Question...

Mandelon
06-21-2004, 05:11 AM
Not to be doom (doooooooomed) and gloom here, but this drought thing is severely affecting Powell and Mead. Unless the situation changes won't it eventually hit Mohave, then Havasu?
The water has to flow to feed the crops, quench the thirst of the city dwellers and generate power does it not?
What will happen to prices in BHC, Laughlin and LHC then?
Droughts are cyclical, and this one is due to end just about any year now..................but what if? :confused:

mtndewdrops
06-21-2004, 05:28 AM
I was more concerned with the Toxic waste contaminating the water supply. I guess worst case scenario, my house would be worthless...:(

hd&boatrider
06-21-2004, 05:31 AM
While it would definitely drive down prices I think BHC and the Laughlin area is more diverse in economic matters than Havasu. I may be wrong there though.

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 05:33 AM
It is my understanding Powell & Mead water levels were taken down because of some concerns about the dams. Even when the water comes back I hear they are only bring those two lakes up to 85% of capacity.
As for LHC, Warlock25 might kick you in the ass if you keep up this gloom and DOOM speak.:D

Mr.Havasu
06-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
It is my understanding Powell & Mead water levels were taken down because of some concerns about the dams. Even when the water comes back I hear they are only bring those two lakes up to 85% of capacity.
As for LHC, Warlock25 might kick you in the ass if you keep up this gloom and DOOM speak.:D
We have different water rights or licencing or agreements what ever you want to call them. But it is my understanding that we get the water regardless before all the other lake systems on the colorado. That why our lake only goes up or down 4 feet between the seasons while mead, powell etc. are down 80+ feet.
Now if we completely run out of H2O, who knows? but there will be a whole lot more effected than Havasu. we will all be in that boat together.

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
we will all be in that boat together. or Sandrail.;)

summerlove
06-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Havasu can only fluctucate +/- 4' due to the water pump stations that feed water to california and the greater PHX area. If the lake gets too low, water will not flow to those locations and then the entire western economy would be bad. Let's hope it never gets to that point.