PDA

View Full Version : River Dave, The Beached Whale & Oscar The Grouch

carbonmarine
06-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Well,
After hanging out at the sand bar for a few hours, Dave , warlock25 , myself and a few others head up to Topoc for a few burgers and such..... Great time....
As we were leaving , we walk down the gangway to the docks and one party is coming up a the other ( us ) coming down...
I get to my boat, start to tiddy up the cuddy and I begin to hear this screaming, yelling and some caryring on. I peek out to see this grouchy guy yelling at Dave and Dave starting to yell back... I pop up to say : HEY ! BE NICE ! , and this grouches supercharged focus goes from Dave to me as I am identified by someone for calling this guys Mom or Wife / Girlfriend a "beached whale"....
** I'd be real curious to hear form Dave on this one.....lol
Anyhow, on the way down.. I didnt think anyone had said anything beyond the traditional river salutations & an excuse me/us ... It was a little odd or wierd though and I think the guy totally has other issues he brought to the party besides the whale(s)... So we all get into the boat and jam back to the channel ...
Here's where it gets funny..... After arriving in the channel and hanging out for while.... We decide to take in the sunset and the last few cocktails for us all before dinner at Copper Canyon.....
We pull in and see these bigger boats rafted together ... so we ask to tie up, they say ...sure join the party... !!!
Perfect, I grab the lines / bouy's out and start to manuver into place and all the sudden out of one of the rafted boats cuddy pops up Oscar The Grouch and he starts in again !.... I roll my eyes and tell the guy hes got it all wrong, etc... , but at 7:15 how do you reason with an out of control guy.... He starts in with ... " Oh my god!, out of all the places, boats in havasu.. YOU have the balls to come over here , etc.. la, la, la, la ,la,la , la, la ......"
We just started up the engines and putted away, but Sunday at Breakfast we were laughing our butts off because "Oscar" actually had a valid point out off all his regular bullshit venor spew .. and that was : Out of all the boats and places....
Well until next voyage.....
Rick32
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Chris Winn
06-21-2004, 09:25 AM
hey rick it was good to meet you at the nuatical, see you out there soon

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Rick, it wasn't me that called her a beached whale.. To be honest I don't think anyone actually did? Atleast I sure didn't hear it when we walked by her and I walked by with the majority of the group? I just carried a girl that didn't have any flip flops down to Warlock 25's boat.. I put her down and turned around and this dude was all up in my face talking about "Those ****ers in the checkered boat" and this that and the other.. LOL **** if I know?
RD

Kilrtoy
06-21-2004, 10:30 AM
If she is fat, she is fat,
maybe he should get rid of her, if he is tired of the blubber

Kilrtoy
06-21-2004, 10:39 AM
dave she is not that fat
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111fathat141.jpg

fourspeednup
06-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Damn, dave's crew/clique/posse(whatever) can't stay away from the drama nowadays:D I wonder what'll happen next weekend:D

RiverToysJas
06-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Damn, dave's crew/clique/posse(whatever) can't stay away from the drama nowadays:D I wonder what'll happen next weekend:D
LOL! No shit, I went all those same places, the same day, and had nothing but a good time!!! LOL.
RTJas :D

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
LOL! No shit, I went all those same places, the same day, and had nothing but a good time!!! LOL.
RTJas :D
Hey dude, the same shit could've happened to anybody?
I think someone in the group said
"excuse me can I get by you" and she heard "beached whale" in that somewhere?? Either that or she just flat made it up? (chix can be crazy sometimes?)
All I know is I turned around and this guy was yelling and calling people fockers n what not.. LOL
RD

carbonmarine
06-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah the whole thing was very highly suspect.
In fact, I think the second sighting was more a self
defense mechanism on his part.. rememeber: It's not the
loud guys screaming red in face and yelling you gotta really
worry about..... Its the white in the face and silent types that really scare the shit outta ya.... Anyhow lol, maybe he thought we were coming to get'him or some shit...lol
Rick32:rolleyes:

Mr.Havasu
06-21-2004, 11:46 AM
I still laugh everytime I think of you trying to tie off to him later. 2000 boats out there and you try to make friends with Mr. Grumpy:D

Huckleberry
06-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
dave she is not that fat
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111fathat141.jpg
Dayum! I thought his boat's name was "Bubbles," Not his woman! :D

Reaper1
06-21-2004, 12:27 PM
warlock25 and RiverDave - Nice to meet you guys this weekend. We were inside Golden Shores eating when you guys were leaving. Sorry we missed the commotion.:D
Sorry, I forgot Chris Winn. Thank You too you and your wife for giving us a ride home from Kokoho's. Pimp Ride.;)

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
"Those ****ers in the checkered boat"
RD
LOL.. You weren't even in the boat yet. I know he was not talking about John & Michele.
I miss all the fun.:( ;)

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
LOL.. You weren't even in the boat yet. I know he was not talking about John & Michele.
I miss all the fun.:( ;)
I arrived in their boat, but I was running back to Havasu in another boat. I just carried a girl that didn't have any flip flops on becuase the dock was hot etc.. So when I turned around to walk to Marks boat I maybe took 10 steps and I see him all pissed off coming down the dock.. LOL I still don't believe that anyone in our group said anything to his chick even remotely of that nature, but whatever.
RD

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 01:19 PM
So, the important thing to know is, did you buy beer when the line started here?:D

Ducatista
06-21-2004, 01:20 PM
That's a funny story....Havasu can be a small world.:)

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 01:21 PM
So, the important thing to know is, did you buy beer when the line started here?:D
The turtle was closed otherwise I was all over it.. :) 1 Coors Light, 12 straws please.. :D
RD

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 01:21 PM
And yes I saw the sign.. LOL :D
RD

jackpunx
06-21-2004, 01:29 PM
You know.. As quiet as its kept.. I think it was John that said it.. You know.. Its kinda his style..lol:D
I seem to just miss this stuff..lol.. all and all .. a great weekend
John/Michelle
thanks for the ride and good conversation.
Rick.. It was good to meet you.. we'lll have to do it again when Dave is buyin the beers.:D
I'll post some pics later

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 01:39 PM
And yes I saw the sign.. LOL :D
RD
Heeeere's yur sign!:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 01:42 PM
The turtle was closed otherwise I was all over it.. :) 1 Coors Light, 12 straws please.. :D
RD
you must of called them in advance to close it down.. LOL!!:D :D

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
you must of called them in advance to close it down.. LOL!!:D :D
That is what I thought! I left LHC for home on Saturday morning because I was so bummed.;) Thanks RD.:D

carbonmarine
06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Jackpunx,
For sure my man !!! Anytime. You have to let me know when you be up there , etc... I love boat'in people - all my friends are city dwelling metro types that just dont get it or understand.... Shucks, I'd be out every weekend if I had the company - So let me know, I'll be there and if Dave doesnt buy ( lol ), I'll arrange the beer & straws.....
That sure was a snappy trip back from Topoc. We were running !
Your boat looks good !
Cheer's,
Rick32:cool:

jackpunx
06-21-2004, 01:59 PM
LOL.. Yea even though I wasnt in it.. it must have looked good.... DAVE!!!!
We go all the time.. for sure we'll have to plan to hook up.. Do you always do your boating in havi?.. ever consider coming down to parker?.. its a blast down there..

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Those guys blew by me like I was standing still man.. LOL :D I'm not sure if I caught them in the smooth stuff on the river though.. I was passing alot of fockers and I never got a real good look at any of them. :D
RD

jackpunx
06-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Those guys blew by me like I was standing still man.. LOL :D I'm not sure if I caught them in the smooth stuff on the river though.. I was passing alot of fockers and I never got a real good look at any of them. :D
RD
You let them blow by you?>.. sure buddy:D
where was your sack?.. :D

Debbolas
06-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Think Casa Blanca
Read in a Humphry Bogart Voice.......
Really Angry guy thinking<--------"Of all the boat floats, you had to tie up to mine River Dave"
:D

carbonmarine
06-21-2004, 02:21 PM
I serioulsy just dont like being close to people at speed on coming or coming up on tehir stern .....No one knows the right of ways , they dont look, etc.... Like that Jet skier Warlock blew the horn on on th way up.... In fact on that same turn coming down a cat passed my transome with 6-8 feet of clearnce at speed
.... So, I just make sure I have safe distancce and NEVER try to geuss what some is gonna do... when I get a clear stretch I'll take it though ! ....
As for me in Parker.... with my exhuast, I'll be rolled by LE
on either side in no time flat - probley a world record... I am totally dry so it not good call on my behalf, but I'll ride and buy ! Just let me know when...... We'll get the same crew going !
Rick 32 :cool:

Co-Pilot
06-21-2004, 02:28 PM
What was that guy's problem......... Well I know..... His Mom was hot tempered too. She was trying to get a piece of carbonmarine at the docks too.

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Co-Pilot
What was that guy's problem......... Well I know..... His Mom was hot tempered too. She was trying to get a piece of carbonmarine at the docks too.
I almost started laughing when in the middle of that guys yelling sprit, he looks over at his mom now yelling as well and sais "Mom!! Get your ass over here!" The whole time I'm thinking... White Trash all the way, you gotta love it. :D
RD

carbonmarine
06-21-2004, 03:16 PM
lol - thats right ! ...... dude, total sceen from RENO 911....

RiverDave
06-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Well that's what I get for heading up North.. Probably getting a little to close to needles or something. I heard that place sux.. LOL :D
RD

Co-Pilot
06-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I understand that Family's Anger.. I found a picture of his Dad / Her Old Man

carbonmarine
06-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Perhaps.........maybe? Some might say that The Viking from Denmark could adopt the avatar...???
Rick32:cool:

HighRoller
06-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Just to clear up the confusion....I was in Portland for the whole weekend and my fiance can verify it:D Sorry I missed out on the fun! I might have even tossed someone in the water for RD's amusement!

RiverDave
06-22-2004, 08:46 AM
The dude that was yelling almost ended up going in the drink. LOL :D Didn't figure it was prudent though being that jackpunx was entertaining all his business associates n what not.
RD