PDA

View Full Version : In defense of drama

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Not everyone is Papa Hemingway when they sit in front of a monitor. It's easy to think one way and type quite another. It doesn't make our opinions any less valid. Sometimes articulating yourself in a forum is quite hard, especially once someone takes what you said out of context and runs with the ball. This leads to confusion and sometimes insult fests that are uncalled for and usually incorrect. If you think someone has alluded to something you think is stupid or insulting you should dig a little deeper and make sure your assumption is correct.
It's not like you don't have the time?
There's always an opportunity to ignore posters you dislike also. This ain't rocket science.

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 09:55 AM
stuff can be stirred the wrong way sometimes....

welk2party
06-21-2004, 09:56 AM
The beauty of the written word is that we can imagine what the author is saying with our own voice. In other words, whatever you are feeling at the time that you read will be the tone of the author.

HCS
06-21-2004, 09:58 AM
That kind of reminds me of Al Gore.

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 09:58 AM
True enough! (Although we can be wrong sometimes when we put a "tone" to the author.) I think there needs to be an "I was just fuc*ing with you emoticon."

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
True enough! (Although we can be wrong sometimes when we put a "tone" to the author.) I think there needs to be an "I was just fuc*ing with you emoticon."
thats what the winking eye means I think..

welk2party
06-21-2004, 10:00 AM
did someone say f***king?;)

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
I thought that was flirting? It didn't work for George Costanza!

rivercrazy
06-21-2004, 10:03 AM
"drama makes the world go around, anyone have a problem with that":D

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
That kind of reminds me of Al Gore.
Father of the internet...:D

Phat Matt
06-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey Lake Pirate, why don't you go f**k off. ;)
Did the emoticon work? :D

Cheap Thrills
06-21-2004, 10:07 AM
dont think Ive ever ended a post without a :wink:
C.T. :wink:

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 10:08 AM
I personally prefer the dramatic threads. I'm not really into the "kissy-faced" ones, and you might note, I do not post on them or try and disrupt them. To each their own. I like the ones where the tightie righties suppose and speculate. I like the ones where opinions are debated and I absolutely love taking on flamers. Is that wrong?

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 10:09 AM
:p :D

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Nope... didn't work ay all Fat Matt. Seemed more like a double-entendre than irony. ;)

Phat Matt
06-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Nope... didn't work ay all Fat Matt. Seemed more like a double-entendre than irony. ;)
Damn it. :eek: I guess we need more descriptive emoticons! :p :D

dicudmore
06-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
Damn it. :eek: I guess we need more descriptive emoticons! :p :D
we do need some better ones here.......

Kilrtoy
06-21-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm still looking for some smoking hot black chicks to take to the river,
I JUST WANT TO DO MY PART.

HCS
06-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Father of the internet...:D
Thats' right. Al Gore invented the internet.:rolleyes: We wouldn't
have the ability to instantly voice are opinions if it wasn't for him.

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Here's a link for kilrtoy
Boat babes for you (http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com)

Havasu_Dreamin
06-21-2004, 10:35 AM
I personally prefer the dramatic threads. I'm not really into the "kissy-faced" ones, and you might note, I do not post on them or try and disrupt them. To each their own. I like the ones where the tightie righties suppose and speculate. I like the ones where opinions are debated and I absolutely love taking on flamers. Is that wrong?
Some people might consider that a troll but to each their own.

Cheap Thrills
06-21-2004, 10:40 AM
heres a few but you have to post em as images . :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/112710_2_3.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/112710_6_7.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/11271_4_93.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/11271_4_113.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/11274_1_72.gif
C.T. :wink:

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 10:46 AM
A troll? Me? I dunno... guess it depends on the person interpreting my posts?
To me a troll is someone who invades a thread with insults and hurtful posts. He/she has no intent but to disrupt. I pretty much stay on my own threads and NEVER invade another, other than to discuss my views on a subject. Sometimes my views may be the opposite of the majority but that does not make me a troll. (At least in my eyes.)
Again... to each their own. I'm pretty easy to ignore if i get under your skin. I never resort to insults first and usually don't get mad even if I'm under attack. After all... this is a means of communication and not just a dating service.

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 10:48 AM
I like the first one and last one. :)

Kilrtoy
06-21-2004, 10:55 AM
I said black chicks as in PHAT
not FAT

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 11:02 AM
he he
http://www.penthouse-tc.com/penthouse/clips/ROFLMAO1.gif

Scream
06-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Troll (n.)
An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll."
That's a troll, and you may or may not be one, it all depends on your interpretation. If you are soliciting flames, then obviously you are a troll, however, if you are soliciting opinion and get flamed, you probably are misunderstood.
Speaking for myself, I cannot explain what happened the other day with the famous "minority" thread, but it appears just insinuating here that we need to change in that regards illicits very passionate responses, to say the least. There are those on this board who only post ultra serious or controversial topics, and that's fine, you limit your "communication" with these fine folks when you do however, since nobody that comes here is looking for the meaning of life by any means...We've already found it with our boats...
The more serious the post, to more likely someone will get bent out of shape, regardless of the threads author's intentions. It never fails.

OGShocker
06-21-2004, 01:54 PM
I absolutely love taking on flamers. Is that wrong?
Not if you live in San Francisco!;)

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Scream
you probably are misunderstood.
http://www.penthouse-tc.com/penthouse/clips/ROFLMAO1.gif
I am SOOOOOOOOOOO misunderstood!!!!!!!!!!!

PlyaPlya22
06-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
That's funny:D

Debbolas
06-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Lets all meet for LUNCH!
:D
I have read some posts, when I was in a bad mood, and they really pissed me off.
Then I would read them again, another day and they didn't seem so bad.
RRL has some awesome Smilies!!!! I think we do need a better variety over here on HB.
:cool: ;) :D :) :p

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
RRL has some awesome Smilies!!!! I think we do need a better variety over here on HB.
:cool: ;) :D :) :p
Like this one?http://www.penthouse-tc.com/penthouse/clips/ROFLMAO1.gif

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Actually (unless I've misread them) there are a few posters on this thread who trollishly only posted to incite a negative response. These same people (might, might not) post at another time saying I might be the troll? Hmmm... a strange dichotomy within the psyche of reg's here? Possibly a double standard? Or maybe... I'm a pretty good target? Whatever the case may be, I don't mind too much. Whatever it takes to promulgate opinions and make it interesting for me is all I'm after.
In my gayest imaginary voice.. I think it's just fabulous. :yuk:

HCS
06-21-2004, 02:35 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')

Debbolas
06-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Actually (unless I've misread them) there are a few posters on this thread who trollishly only posted to incite a negative response. These same people (might, might not) post at another time saying I might be the troll? Hmmm... a strange dichotomy within the psyche of reg's here? Possibly a double standard? Or maybe... I'm a pretty good target? :
Sweetie, I just don't think you KNOW everyone here yet. I've been here about 3 months (is that all, seems longer ) and I am still learning about the members here.
Everyone has a bad day now and then. It is easier to pick on someone online that you can't see or hear and have never and maybe never will meet.....than to kick your own dog.
If drama is your goal, you got it!
;)

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 02:43 PM
I never said I minded. I'm just pointing a universal finger on lieu of a linear one. I didn't complain the other day and I haven't complained today. As a matter of fact, when I have found my way around accordingly, and understand limitations a little better, Ill respond harshly but within parameters. Until then... live and learn.
I'm like a terrorist. I'm in no hurry.

topless
06-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Sweetie, I just don't think you KNOW everyone here yet. I've been here about 3 months (is that all, seems longer ) and I am still learning about the members here.
Everyone has a bad day now and then. It is easier to pick on someone online that you can't see or hear and have never and maybe never will meet.....than to kick your own dog.
If drama is your goal, you got it!
;)
I used to pick on everyone. Now I'm just a smart ass who lives in a trailer in a parking lot.;)

Ziggy
06-21-2004, 04:57 PM
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm, I though Trolls had long green, pink or blue hair sticking straight up like Don King, and live in Sweden.:D :D

Kilrtoy
06-21-2004, 05:05 PM
I used to pick on everyone. Now I'm just a smart ass who lives in a trailer in a parking lot
When did you move:eek:

AleAlchemist
06-21-2004, 05:17 PM
While we're on the subject of minimulist context.
I hate to open myself for ridicuel (Spelling),
What the F*** does FMLAO mean!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by AleAlchemist
While we're on the subject of minimulist context.
I hate to open myself for ridicuel (Spelling),
What the F*** does FMLAO mean!
I know that ROTFLMAO means
roll on the florr laughing my ass off..;)

AleAlchemist
06-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I know that ROTFLMAO means
roll on the florr laughing my ass off..;)
OH!!.....
:D LOL

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by AleAlchemist
OH!!.....
:D LOL
LOL!! :D

fat rat
06-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Living right outside of D.C...........I can get you a hook up, just let me know!.;)..............shipping extra..:D

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Dooooooooooooooooooooooomed! (http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

SoCalOffshore
06-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Actually (unless I've misread them) there are a few posters on this thread who trollishly only posted to incite a negative response. These same people (might, might not) post at another time saying I might be the troll? Hmmm... a strange dichotomy within the psyche of reg's here? Possibly a double standard? Or maybe... I'm a pretty good target? Whatever the case may be, I don't mind too much. Whatever it takes to promulgate opinions and make it interesting for me is all I'm after.
In my gayest imaginary voice.. I think it's just fabulous. :yuk:
You seem to have defined yourself and with only 68 posts. :eek:

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 07:21 PM
I defined myself in 3. You have 698. Is your last post the definitive you, or should I wait?

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 07:22 PM
I defined myself in 3. You have 698. Is your last post the definitive you, or should I wait?
Eeeerrre..

SoCalOffshore
06-21-2004, 07:29 PM
please dont bother as I will not partake in your "drama." :p

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 07:30 PM
You already did. ;)

Phat Matt
06-21-2004, 07:40 PM
You already did. ;)
Is that a flirting emoticon? :confused: :)

Dr. Eagle
06-21-2004, 07:43 PM
You already did. ;)
http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/bsflag.gif

Lake Pirate
06-21-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure if that's the gay me, or the racist me? I'll have to conduct some self analyzation and get back to you. Maybe I'm Sibel. Sybel, Sibbel, Sybyl, Sibil, Sibil, Sibell?