PDA

View Full Version : 26 Daytona With ICC

bigorangefan
01-14-2002, 08:39 PM
my son is very intrested in this boat from Eliminator. Does anyone have an opinion to build quality, performance potential, and overall appeal? I'am going with the Howard but he likes this look. Maybe one of you has this boat and can give him some insight.
Thank You

Jrocket
01-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Hey Bigorangefan,I hate to jump off your topic but I see you sell BMW's.Can you drop me an E-mail,I'm interested in a 330i,I have a few questions........John..Jrocket150@aol.com

bigorangefan
01-14-2002, 08:58 PM
"Jrocket"
Just sent you an e-mail, I hope I can help.
Chris

riverliver
01-14-2002, 09:02 PM
Jrocket
Go for 740I they are bad ass car, best car i ever had !

Jrocket
01-14-2002, 09:07 PM
Thanks Chris....Riverliver,I want the 540i but I need a car for the wife to drive.She is more comfortable with the smaller cars.But yes I do agree the 740 is a nice car.I wanted the new Mercedes c-240 but for the money to hp and options you get,I'm going with the 330i.She will probably scratch the thing up anyway.....JR

riverliver
01-14-2002, 09:12 PM
My wife drove are F350 4door lifted for a short while then got a 740I, it was like driving a tank and then a vw bug.

Jrocket
01-14-2002, 09:19 PM
My wife wanted to drive my F-250 so I pulled over chaged seats with her and off we went.We got about 2 miles down the road,after spending most of the time driving down the middle of the street I told her to move to the right a bit.Then we where off the side of the road for a ways.At the first stop sign I was out and walking.....End of lesson....JR

riverliver
01-14-2002, 09:25 PM
Oh by the way Bigorangefan, Eliminator is a great boat and so is howard those were my two choices but went with a 25 daytona.
Service has been good , had a problem with my driver seat and they replaced it at no charge, boat is over 3 years old, they have even had there service manger bring out my boat cover to the river, he was going out there but took the time to haul it out and drop it off.
Good luck with what ever boat you get!

riverliver
01-14-2002, 09:26 PM
RE Sale good point !
[This message has been edited by riverliver (edited January 14, 2002).]

1quickjet
01-14-2002, 09:26 PM
BOF, I am sure there is the possibility of a big debate over pros/cons of each. There are both great choices, so I thought I might touch on one point that others might lookover. Resale. I know nobody buys a boat with the intentions of selling it, but it happens. I would personally give the nod to the Eliminator regarding resale value. The actual boat aside, the Eliminator will probably bring more $$ and be easier to sell. I sold my previous Eliminator to the first interested buyer and got every penny I was asking. I have run across little old ladies who know nothing about boats, but I soon as I told them I owned an Eliminator, their eyes lit up. Again, both are great choices, I will leave the tech stuff to those who are more experienced with those hulls. Everyone is familiar with Eliminator's reputation. I just thought I would touch on a subject aside from actual performance. From what I read, I shouldn't be giving you advice about selling! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Good luck! I am sure your son will be happy with either choice.

Boatjob
01-14-2002, 09:35 PM
go for the X5 4.6 Xi..It's the best of both worlds..

bigorangefan
01-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Thank's guy's for all the info, When I started the shopping process alot of the "other manufactures" didn't have a lot of good things to say about Eliminator, but hey I look at that as unproffesionalism and sour grapes. Not to change the subject but I spent two day's in Irvine driving the new 745I with the I drive system, (HOLY $hi% Batman) what a car. I didn't like the pre press release photos at first, but once you see the car and most importantly drive it I think you will agree that those boy's in Germany hit the mark.
"Jrocket" I can't get that e-mail to you"
my web add is govols8275@msn.com
I will be back in the office wed aft 12:00
909-390-7888x118

riverliver
01-14-2002, 09:52 PM
Oh dont start with the 745i can't buy the wife a new car yet !!!!!!!!

DMB
01-14-2002, 10:18 PM
Eliminator builds some of the best performing and nicest looking cats available that would be my vote.
Howard also builds a very nice looking cat but I have never personally seen them run.

Cole
01-15-2002, 06:36 AM
I had a deposit on a 26 for quite a while and even watched them tool the boat from the beginning,though i didn't go with them,i think the 26 is the most updated design,rounded edges,not to "blocked"and boxy looking,i dont know much about howard but the research i did on the 26" i'd buy one"!!!!Cole

Cole
01-15-2002, 06:41 AM
On performance,Theres some other posts on people with 26's with HUGE power and getting
125 mph+ although with the current events of last week,i dont know how much power you want for your son,but performance wont be an issue for this boat http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Cole

mikey
01-15-2002, 07:36 AM
I see you work for Savage in Ontatio. I was there Sunday looking at the X-5. Talked with Steve K about ordering for an April/May delivery. I might be able to get you a better deal on the Eliminator. Call me at Eliminator with the name of the sales person you are working with and I will see what I can do.
Mike Peterson
Eliminator Parts Manager
909-681-1222

bigorangefan
01-15-2002, 09:47 AM
"HEY MICKEY" I beleive i met you about a year ago at the dealership. My son is not working with anyone yet so I will stop by and say hi today as this is my day off. (thank you Lord).
Thanks for your help
Chris

sofaking
01-15-2002, 10:33 AM
You might also want to try Sterling BMW in Newport Beach. Wayne Minor who owns Group 1 Marine (Conquest Boats) owns Sterling. They saved me big $ on my last 2 BMW's. Talk to Tina. Good Luck- Todd

mikey
01-15-2002, 12:46 PM
HI Todd, I will give Tina a call. Wayne is a good friend of Bob Leach and has owned many Eliminators (just bought a new 30 Daytona Hull). I rigged his 24 Daytona & 27 Daytona. Went to Sterling on Sunday,but Have not talked with Wayne about buying. Would like to buy close to home, I live in Ontario about 4 miles from Savage. Most dealers want $$$ over window for the X-5. Like everyone else I want a BIG discount http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif (or at best not get laid-a-way to bad).
Mike

Boatjob
01-15-2002, 01:50 PM
If you are interested, Shelly BMW got me a fleet deal on fully loaded X5. They will probably do it for you as well. But paying cash helps you get deals too, just food for thought

sofa king smooth
01-15-2002, 02:10 PM
Wade thanks for telling me, i just bought a 330i from Sterling 3 weeks ago.I see the way you work.jk

bigorangefan
01-15-2002, 09:21 PM
When shopping for that new BMW or any vehicle for that matter, I tell my potential customers to review several of the consumer buying web sites, such as Edmunds.com. That way they can get an idea of dealers cost vs M.S.R.P. and feel good that they got a good deal. By the way Mickey, Savage has NEVER put a market premium on the X5 so I hope you get the deal from Steve K you are looking for. And I know what you mean by not wanting to get "LAID AWAY" I think some of the boat manufactures try to do the same thing. LOL
Chris
[This message has been edited by bigorangefan (edited January 15, 2002).]

sofaking
01-16-2002, 07:22 AM
Hey Mike, I misunderstood your post. I know you know Wayne, give him a call he will treat you right.
sofaking smooth, nice to see you here. By the way, I'm Todd, Wade doesn't know how to turn on the computer let alone type. I just had to give you shit about the name. I can't believe you have a Sterling 330 and a Conquest. Way to help out the Minors!

Essex502
01-16-2002, 07:41 AM
Hey guys...I bought a 540i back in 2000 and love it. Perfect balance of size and performance. The wife drives it day in and day out. Would have bought the M5 but not available with an automatic. Since she's the primary driver during the week, an automatic was a must. I'll be first in line when they release the automatic version. Shelly BMW did a fantastic job with our order by the way.
JRocket: Get the 540i over the 330i little more room without the size of the 740i. I'm over 6' and don't feel comfortable behind the wheel of a 3 series.
Now, if I could only get the new 4.6 from the X5 in the 5 series with the automatic...

bigorangefan
01-16-2002, 02:10 PM
jrocket; shelly and sterling bmw are both really good dealer's and have a great reputation.
lol/chris

Daytona RON
01-16-2002, 06:39 PM
I have a Daytona 25, and have ridden in a friends Daytona 26 (502 Mag w/a Whipple)and can say that the 26 feels like a much bigger Cat than the 25!
If you are interested in a low hour used 26,E-Mail me, and i will get you some info on it!!
Good Luck!
RON...
Rtflatbed@msn.com

Jrocket
01-16-2002, 08:22 PM
Oh yes the 540i.That is the car I really want,BUT the wife cant drive a car that big.I will cringe everday she leaves the house even in the 330i.Not too mention the parking spaces at her work are just big enough for a golf cart.So it will have to be a small car of some sort.
Thanks for the tips on the dealerships,when the final time comes I give them a try....JR

MACH26
01-16-2002, 08:45 PM
Just to throw in my .02. My fiance also isn't great with big cars. We got her a Lexus IS 300 and she loves it! I must admit, even though I wouldn't drive it regularly (because it falls under my chick car status) that little car works really well with a 6-cylinder and a 5-speed auto.

Turbojack
01-19-2002, 07:56 AM
When I was looking for new boat I had decided on either the 26 daytona or the Howard cat. I had read about the Howard but the Daytonia was so new at the time I was just told about it. In 1999 I had taken tour of eliminator & saw how they built boats.
I was told in Sept of 2000 I was told that eliminator was taking a Daytona to Vegas & if I wanted to see/ride in one I could go there. Before I left I called Howard & set up to also go by there to see the Howard.
Somewhere along the way signals were mixed up & I was in vegas the day before the daytona was to be there. I talked to someone (I think he was Bret's brother-in-law) & he said he would put me up in hotel for night. I called Howard & asked if I could come day early to LA & ride in Howard. He told me to come on. When I got to Howard I got to see boat in showroom, & took a tour of factory, but they did not have one to take to the water. After they made some calls they said if I stayed the night we could go out next morning, so I stayed in LA. Next morning was raining & was told that customer that had boad did not want to get it wet, so was told no ride. The main things that Howard talked about was the ride but did not get to.
After finding out about no ride drove back to Vegas. When I drove up to lake & saw the Daytona I was inpressed. Got to take a ride in one with the 575SC in pouring rain & rough water. I came back home & ordered one. Ordered with walk thru bowride, & standoff box, & stock 454. After getting I put in twin turbo motor. Since having boat now for almost a year love the boat. I think I made the best choice between the 2 boats.