PDA

View Full Version : Looking for dog

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Im looking for 2 Queensland heeler pups.Red or blue and would like to have them with the tails already docked.Anybody here know of any for sale? Out of state is ok if the people are capable of shipping them to me.

riverliver
06-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Are you going to take the dogs to the river..
http://www.blueheeler.com/thetwow.jpg

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Thats what they look like alright.If we buy a place down there then I will but not until I do.Still window shopping for a descent deal.
Now go find me a dog!:D

MJ19
06-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Those dogs are a dime a dozen up here in our neck of the woods...you ought to come up sometime and rescue them from a kill-shelter instead of buying them. TONS of cattle doggies up here that need homes...there typically is sign for pups at our vet's office almost any given day. :)

RiverToysJas
06-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by MJ19
Those dogs are a dime a dozen up here in our neck of the woods...you ought to come up sometime and rescue them from a kill-shelter instead of buying them. TONS of cattle doggies up here that need homes...there typically is sign for pups at our vet's office almost any given day. :)
What about Rotties, you have a lot of those?
They used to work with cattle. ;)
RTJas :D <--- Misses his Rottie :(

summerlove
06-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Just don't let your kids eat alone!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/951babydog1.jpg

MJ19
06-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
What about Rotties, you have a lot of those?
They used to work with cattle. ;)
RTJas :D <--- Misses his Rottie :(
Yeah...actually there often times are purebred rotties in our shelters that are very sweet doggies...just gotta becareful with certain dog breeds, making sure they are sweet before bringing them into a home with children...and I know you have a couple rug rats in your house :D

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 05:49 PM
I would make a trip up there to pick up a rescued dog.Can you keep an eye out for me.Maybe take some pics.I would really like to find 2 well bred pups from a good back ground so they can grow up around my family.If I could find a good healthy family oriented adult dog I would do that as well.

MJ19
06-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Miller says you are in trouble now...when MJ19 gets wind of someone needing a dog, she's on the lookout! :p
JRocket,
I will keep my eyes peeled for you and will keep you informed. Tomorrow I will hit the vet's office and see if they have any pups for sale right now, I will call the shelter to see what they currently have in the way of cattle dogs. The shelter only keeps them for 7 days (I think) so if I see one and take a pic, you'll need to move fast if you like it! :) Do you need "siblings" or would you just prefer siblings? :confused:
I'll be chatting with you soon... :)

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 06:17 PM
I just want 2 pups that are well bred cattle dogs.Ill be here if you find something.How long does it take to drive up there?

MJ19
06-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
I just want 2 pups that are well bred cattle dogs.Ill be here if you find something.How long does it take to drive up there?
I think it took us 5 hours to get to DD's Christmas Party that one year...that is if you drive the speed limit...the Nashville's made it up this way in record time once (I wanna say like 3.5 hours from their house)...(beware our cops are bored and love to stop speeders...just ask 87cole...he got nabbed for going 70 with his boat in tow) :D Actually in hindsight, I think 87cole put on the charm and got out of his ticket...:D

NorCal Gameshow
06-22-2004, 06:27 PM
jrocket, have you had these dogs before? they have endless energy....i had an aussie, that was amazing...we had to find him a job....he's working cattle in oregon.

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Ive had a few over the years.from the time I was 5 until now,Ive had different ones.Blues,and reds.They are one of the best family and guardian dogs that you could have.Very smart,almost too smart.I cant spend ever minute of the day with them so thats why Im getting 2 this time.I can usually spend most of my free time with them but not all.One by itself will get bored and into trouble.

MJ19
06-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Another little tid bit about queenslands are they are LOYAL to no end!!! They are typically ONE MAN type dogs, really loyal to ONE person...they can go from home to home, or be in a home with many people, but will be particullarly loyal to only ONE specific person. I had a queensland mix named Peaches and she was beyond loyal to me.
Peaches was hit by a car when she was 3 (broke her back, pelvis and leg) believe it or not, she lived to be 10, but the accident put a slight kabosh to her 'working' abilities :(

topless
06-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Jrocket, I have a friend who breeds them. She has all the connections. If you want, I will ask her (she is local too);)

Havasu Hangin'
06-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Ive had a few over the years.from the time I was 5 until now...
They had dogs back then?

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by topless
Jrocket, I have a friend who breeds them. She has all the connections. If you want, I will ask her (she is local too);)
I sure do.Drop me a PM if you find something out.I called a breeder out in Mira Loma today but they dont have any pups.
Funny thing is,I thought for sure I could find an ad for one out in Norco but no luck so far.

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
They had dogs back then?
A few,mostly just for eating though!

Havasu Hangin'
06-22-2004, 07:13 PM
A few,mostly just for eating though!
I guess you were in the 909 back then, too.

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
I guess you were in the 909 back then, too.
Yep just slumm'n in Corona.

Jordy
06-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Gotta love the heelers:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC00333-med.JPG
My neighbor across the street has a red one. It's funny how similar their mannerisms are just based on the breed. :D

MJ19
06-22-2004, 07:23 PM
Well if we are going to share ;)
Here is a pic of my queensland mix (not purebred, but one hell of a tough little girl and just one hell of a doggie!)
Hmmm...I wonder why the pic won't show...I'll try again below :)

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Gotta love the heelers:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC00333-med.JPG
My neighbor across the street has a red one. It's funny how similar their mannerisms are just based on the breed. :D
True,they do have odd mannerisim's even if they are different color and all.Very active and alert dogs.
The pups parents that I looked at today went nuts when the guy turned the garden hose on.They couldnt get enough of playing in the water.It was awesome to watch these dogs trying to get the water from the hose..LMAO at them.

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 07:50 PM
My wifes sister and brother inlaw dog just had a litter of heeler pups,they live in quartzhill.I don't know if the tails have been docked.

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
My wifes sister and brother inlaw dog just had a litter of heeler pups,they live in quartzhill.I don't know if the tails have been docked.
Im interested.Let me know.Wheres quartzhill?

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 07:52 PM
The hi desert Palmdale area.

MJ19
06-22-2004, 07:55 PM
My pooch...very cool doggie (1/2 queensland) I got her when she was 1 day old...mother couldn't nurse...had to stomach feed her with a tube! :)

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 07:56 PM
No problem.Im headed to Hesperia to look at some pups,maybe tomorrow if not this weekend for sure.

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 07:57 PM
My wife will get the info. on them tomorrow.Correction she's on the phone with her sister right now.They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old and they are blues.They have 4 left.Ill pm you with there #.

Jrocket
06-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Sounds great.

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 08:04 PM
I just sent you a pm.

C-2
06-22-2004, 08:20 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132camdog1-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1132cowdog-med.jpg
We got ours from a breeder in Anza (the dog that is!) Let me know if you want her contact info. $600.
Heelers are bitchen.....there's good reason behind the name!
The coolest part is they love water. Ours jumps in the pool when we swim.
And about the docked tails - careful with that one. Some of the breeders are pretty extreme and get PISSED when you mention that word. Something to do with not being able to register them with a docked tail.
COW DOG UP!

Jordy
06-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Funny heeler story that just happened. We got a treadmill from one of Kourt's friends, picked it up and set it up in her little room. First off was plugging it in and making sure it worked. Second step was trying it out with my skateboard (I was on it for like 5 minutes hauling ass and didn't even break a sweat). The next step was the doggie treadmill. It took my heeler all of about 10 seconds to figure out that she had to walk and what pace to go to stay on it.
As far as the water deal, right about now she's probably out cooling off in her 5 gallon tub of a water dish. She's a water nut too. :D

MJ19
06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Sounds great.
Boo Hoo :( So much for saving a pup that needs to be rescued :(
But glad to see you'll be getting a pup and giving it a good life long home :)

C-2
06-22-2004, 09:58 PM
And another heeler story...
We have a piece of horse property where we keep our (surprise, surprise) horses.
Normally during spring the chickens would have tons of little chickies running around. One day I saw 6 chickies with no mother hen and it was getting dark, so I scooped them up and put em in a box.
The following morning I was walking around to all the hens, holding this box of chickies. Normally if you find the correct hen, she freaks out and attacks you when she hears her little chickies chirpin’. But no dice this time – I couldn’t find the mother hen (and thought crap – now I inherited six new babies).
So being the new father figure, I dumped the chickies out of the box onto an open area of dirt and tried to show them how to scratch the ground for food and stuff (no comments please, just do the visual).
My wife’s heeler found it amusing too; she was hanging out close by watching me.
After a few minutes of teaching survival skills 101, I stood up, stretched and turned my back to the chickies. I looked down and thought, wait a second – I started with 6 chickies, not 5. Where did that other little bastard go? I started walking around in circles, looking for chickie number 6. A few minutes later I realized there was only 4 chickies left. Then 3. WTF, I was in an open area, they couldn’t be hiding anywhere. Within a few minutes I was missing 3 chickies and was stumped.
Puzzled, I turned my back and walked away from the chicks. This time though, I suddenly turned back towards the chickies and found the answer to my disappearing chickies dilemma…
- every time I turned my back – that damn heeler ran over, snatched a chickie, chowed it, retuned to her spot then acted as if nothing happened. :mad: :mad:
But only when I turned my back, that little bastard.
Very smart dogs indeed.

MJ19
06-22-2004, 10:06 PM
That reminds me of a chicken story...
A friend of mine's dog ate one of her chickens during the night, so my friend got out a sheet (heard this remedy somewhere) and tied the chicken around the dogs neck and forced the dog to sleep in the chicken coop all night with the dead chicken around it's neck.
Well in the morning, my friend found all her chickens in a pile in the corner of the coop and her dog sitting there looking innocent.
She took the chicken off of the dog's neck and when she set that sheet on the ground, it moved...the darn chicken was ALIVE!!! :eek: and after the dog was removed from the coop the whole pile of thought to be dead chickens came to life.
All she did was torture her poor chickens with that lesson and her dog confirmed his thoughts that his owner is a nut case! :D

Jrocket
06-23-2004, 05:25 AM
Boo Hoo :( So much for saving a pup that needs to be rescued :(
But glad to see you'll be getting a pup and giving it a good life long home :)
Im still interested. Just looking a tall options.:)

little rowe boat
06-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Well did you get a dog?

Jrocket
06-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Well did you get a dog?
I called the number today but got their buisness.No answer.I'll try again tomorrow.
Thanks again.

little rowe boat
06-23-2004, 09:21 PM
If you get a answering machine leave your # they will call you back.

Jrocket
06-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Will do.:D

Just Tool'n
06-23-2004, 10:04 PM
JRocket, there are 2 adds for Queensland healer in Fresno,
1st add Born 4-18, Doc's , dewormed 1st shots. $75 each.
Ph # 559-230-1440
2nd add Queensland 5wks old $75 ea 559-871-3494
If intrested, call them. I am driving to Hollywood 1st thing Friday morning for a meeting, I could bring them down if you needed to.
You would just need to meet me at the hotel.
My wife grew up with these dogs, her dad was a cattle & sheep rancher all of his life ( May God Rest His Sole). Best damned dogs you will ever own.
Let me know if you need help.

TOBTEK
06-24-2004, 06:24 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/135riverpic_001-med.jpg
OK, I'll give you the address. You can come and take my wifes dogs (well atleast big hairy cats:rolleyes: ) In the middle of the night! Dont EVER substiute your penis for a second, By giving in and agreeing to get the dogs your wife wants......BIG MISTAKE! She even almost pee'd her pants the other night walking these FREAKS, Cause she said I looked G/A walking them:rolleyes: ......THANKS HONEY!

superdave013
06-24-2004, 06:38 AM
how can anyone cut the tail off a dog?? :eek:
Do the right thing J, rescue a mutt and save it's life.
super (wouldn't trade his mutts for nuttin no matter how many fences they eat) dave013

78Eliminator
06-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
super (wouldn't trade his mutts for nuttin no matter how many fences they eat) dave013
Yup, I got Ziggy from a rescue. Best dog I have ever had.

MJ19
06-24-2004, 08:25 AM
I second it...especially when you can rescue a purebred :)

YW82DRM
06-24-2004, 08:44 AM
I have 2 queenslands but they have a border collie mix, Thanks God. One can't stay out of the horse trough. The other has more queens in him and won't stop chasing the neighbors goats, goats ect. The best damn dogs I have ever had and I am partial to Doberman's.

Jrocket
06-24-2004, 08:47 AM
(wouldn't trade his mutts for nuttin no matter how many fences they eat) dave013
Those fence eating dogs arent muts,theyre flat out mean.And NO,you are not supposed to dock their tales but people still do.I like them better docked but not if they are show dogs.
Just Tool'n,
Thanks for the offer.Im going to look at some pups today.Hopefully they will be what Im looking for.Thanks for letting me know about them.
:)

little rowe boat
06-24-2004, 09:06 AM
Show pics when you get them.:cool:

MJ19
06-24-2004, 09:08 AM
These two pups need to be adopted...three pics below
Dog
Cattle Dog Mix
Size: Medium
Sex: Male
I.D:
Notes: 2 male Blue Cattledogs. Should be under 35 pounds. Adoption fee is 200.00 which covers the spay/neuter, 2 sets of DHLPP shots and 2 wormings. UPDATE: Only one puppy still available.
This pet is: up to date with routine shots, altered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!
Companion Pet Rescue
oroville, CA
530-534-6856
rescue202@juno.com
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/CA748/CA748.2993273-3-pn.jpg
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/CA748/CA748.2993273-2-pn.jpg
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/CA748/CA748.2993273-1-pn.jpg

MJ19
06-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Here are two more that are buddies and need to find a home together :( They are in NV...but often times shelters will ship :)
The two Buddies
Dog
Cattle Dog Mix
Size: Medium
Sex:
I.D:
Notes: Here are two little cuties!! They did not arrive together, but have found much comfort in the others friendship. The one with more red on it's face is a male, and the other a female. They are quite the characters!! Either or both would make perfect pets for a loving home. 775-635-3094
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!
Lander County Animal Control
Battle Mountain, NV
775-635-3094
barbrita469@hotmail.com
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/NV62/NV62.3030270-1-x.jpg

MJ19
06-24-2004, 09:25 AM
http://www.cattledog.com/images/leftcoo.gif
http://www.cattledog.com/rescue/perm/norcal.jpg
Click Here For California Cattle Dog Rescue Site (http://www.cattledog.com/rescue/california.html)
Click Here to See Cattle Dogs The Need Homes! (http://www.cattledog.com/rescue/resmain.html)

little rowe boat
06-27-2004, 04:01 PM
JRocket, did you ever find the dogs you were looking for?

Jrocket
06-27-2004, 04:14 PM
JRocket, did you ever find the dogs you were looking for?
I called the number you gave me.If I havent found a dog by the time he gets back from vacation,Im going to take a look at the pups he has.

MJ19
06-28-2004, 07:21 AM
I called the number you gave me.If I havent found a dog by the time he gets back from vacation,Im going to take a look at the pups he has.
Did you see these darling little pups...I think there is one left that needs to be rescued.
Companion Pet Rescue
oroville, CA
530-534-6856
rescue202@juno.com
Is Companion Pet Rescue anywhere near you? If so, you ought to check out that cutie pie...just look at that sweet little pup...too friggen cute! :D
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/CA748/CA748.2993273-2-pn.jpg http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/CA748/CA748.2993273-1-pn.jpg http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/CA748/CA748.2993273-3-pn.jpg