PDA

View Full Version : coolest cereal box toy

Cheap Thrills
06-23-2004, 05:33 AM
Whats the coolest cereal box or Cracker Jack toy you can remember getting ?
Mine was a baking powder powered boat from a box of Cap-N-Crunch . :D
C.T. :wink:

Mandelon
06-23-2004, 05:34 AM
Yeah, the Capn' Crunch submarine dealio, mine was blue. What a memory!.

ahhell
06-23-2004, 05:39 AM
The 45 of "last train to Clarksville" on the back of honeycombs boxes that you had to cut the back of the box to get. mom got pissed when it was just the bag sitting in the cupboard. Used to listen to it on my record player that was in the handy carrying case.....getting old... aye;)

mtndewdrops
06-23-2004, 06:25 AM
I remember this dumb little concave metal disc that you would dimple with your finger and put it on the table and it would spring into the air...I think it was in the late '60s.

Scream
06-23-2004, 06:42 AM
I'm one of 6 kids, so consequently I didn't get to the "bottom" of the cereal first terribly often...
Plus I'm suffering from CRS (can't remember shit) and suppose I had all kinds of cool stuff. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Danhercules
06-23-2004, 06:46 AM
Wackey Wall Walkers!!! Captin gave em away. The octopus lookin thing ya throw on the wall and they crawl down!!!

Scream
06-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
Wackey Wall Walkers!!! Captin gave em away. The octopus lookin thing ya throw on the wall and they crawl down!!!
Oh yea, and leaves that nasty oily stain on flat paint...love that...
That Capt'n is a bastard.
lol

Outnumbered
06-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Too funny, before I even opened the thread the Cap'n Crunch baking soda Sub popped into my mind. Talk about digging deep into the memory banks.
LOL:)

Huckleberry
06-23-2004, 08:42 AM
You guys have hit two of my top three favorites already.
1. Baking soda sub
2. The mini Super Slick racers. (The ones with the zip strip you pull to make the big wheel spin)
3. The little recods on the back of the cereal box.
I was real good at digging to the bottom of the box before anyone else beat me to the cheap ass toy.

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 08:46 AM
You will all be happy to know that cereal box toys are still kinda cool. Just the other day our son found a "Shrek" wrist watch in a box of cereal!!
(ok, not as cool as shoving you fist to the bottom of the cereal box to find the boat toy)
:D

Huckleberry
06-23-2004, 08:49 AM
A Shrek watch!!! Way cool. What juck cereal was this? I've gotta get one.

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
A Shrek watch!!! Way cool. What juck cereal was this? I've gotta get one.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

Cheap Thrills
06-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
You will all be happy to know that cereal box toys are still kinda cool. Just the other day our son found a "Shrek" wrist watch in a box of cereal!!
(ok, not as cool as shoving you fist to the bottom of the cereal box to find the boat toy)
Dang I bet theres a Kellogg's employee wondering where his watch is . :D J/K
Thats pretty cool , got a watch :)

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
Dang I bet theres a Kellogg's employee wondering where his watch is . :D J/K
Thats pretty cool , got a watch :)
Well, it's not like a Rollex or anything....It's plastic!:D

Keith
06-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Does anyone remember "there is a car in my Honey Comb!"

welk2party
06-23-2004, 03:43 PM
My loving mother would only let me have Cheerios or KIX. Not too many chances for toys.:yuk:

XtrmWakeborder
06-23-2004, 03:51 PM
damn my generation never got anything good....that baking soda boat sounds tight

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by XtrmWakeborder
damn my generation never got anything good....that baking soda boat sounds tight
H E L L O !
You grew up with computer games and maybe Nintendo....all we had was PONG;)

Dr. Eagle
06-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
Mine was a baking powder powered boat from a box of Cap-N-Crunch . :D
I had one of those too, but full sized... I got it on a trip to Disneyland on my B'day, Mom bought it for me.
It was hella cool...:D

Mrs. Restless22
06-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Im with ya on this one....my toys always sucked :yuk:

missboatnam1
06-23-2004, 07:25 PM
that boat sounds cool, i bet they are worth some cash now...i use to save all that stuff, but then i get to much shit around the house!! ...i think cracker jacks were the coolest, they would put RINGS in them!! man, that was the only reason i bought them!!
now they give ya some cartoon, or lick on tattoo.....:yuk:

Dr. Eagle
06-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Mine was actually a submarine that jetted along, submerged while moving and surfaced later... it was cool:D

XtrmWakeborder
06-23-2004, 07:56 PM
H E L L O !
You grew up with computer games and maybe Nintendo....all we had was PONG;)
hmm that may be true, but! u cant play nintendo in the tub can you?

Debbolas
06-23-2004, 08:27 PM
hmm that may be true, but! u cant play nintendo in the tub can you?
No, but my kids had water crayons to play with and foam soap.
The coolest thing when I was a kid, was the whistle in the Oscar Meyer Weenies package. If you bought a package of hot dogs there was this cool weenie whistle.:D

Huckleberry
06-24-2004, 04:05 AM
The coolest thing when I was a kid, was the whistle in the Oscar Meyer Weenies package. If you bought a package of hot dogs there was this cool weenie whistle.:D
Funny thing, this is how I got my first hummer as a young lad! Told lil Suzie Dumbblonde it was the whistle from a pack of Oscar Meyer weenies! :D :eek: