PDA

View Full Version : lake nacimeinto

JET-O-VATOR
06-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Anyone know whats going on at nacimeinto. Ive been hearing that the lake is being drained does anyone know why? is it because of the earthquake. i like that lake and was planing a couple of trips this year but not if its gunna be dry....

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by JET-O-VATOR
Anyone know whats going on at nacimeinto. Ive been hearing that the lake is being drained does anyone know why? is it because of the earthquake. i like that lake and was planing a couple of trips this year but not if its gunna be dry....
I hope it's not.. :( when was the earthquake your talking about happen:confused: ;)

dicudmore
06-24-2004, 09:31 AM
they drain it down for the agriculture in the area :(
it won't be dry, just low....
love that lake :D

redneckgirl
06-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Naci is drained every summer!!! It was built for Agriculturial purposes, to help the farmer on the Salinas River. It sucks in alot of ways... I grew up in a farming family and my income still depends on Ag... But my love for boating side hates it. :( :)
We are Naci locals... here is a picture take between 6-10 & 6-15... We spent 5 days there with our friend that have a house at Oak Shore... This was taken from there front deck looking towards the narrows...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1405OS-med.bmp
RNG

redneckgirl
06-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
they drain it down for the agriculture in the area :(
it won't be dry, just low....
love that lake :D
And where did you hear that from !!! :D :D
RNG

welk2party
06-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Is that low in the pic. Hard to tell. I hear great things about that lake.

redneckgirl
06-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by welk2party
Is that low in the pic. Hard to tell. I hear great things about that lake.
The lake is at 40% full now... High water is at the tree line.
RNG

mirvin
06-24-2004, 09:46 AM
San Antonio is at that level too. I was there a few weeks ago.
mirvin;)

redneckgirl
06-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
San Antonio is at that level too. I was there a few weeks ago.
mirvin;)
They have been draining it also.. it is at 52%.
RNG

JET-O-VATOR
06-24-2004, 09:57 AM
i know that its for aggriculter but i heard that they are draining it draining it and that it will be almost dry 4 like 3 years or some b.s. like that i heard the narrows will be gone first like very soon but like i said its all hear say but i heard that the big ass earthquake up there had something to do with it. and because its man made maybe the liner went south who knows tho i could be totally wrong thats why im asking all you guys.....

redneckgirl
06-24-2004, 10:03 AM
i know that its for aggriculter but i heard that they are draining it draining it and that it will be almost dry 4 like 3 years or some b.s. like that i heard the narrows will be gone first like very soon but like i said its all hear say but i heard that the big ass earthquake up there had something to do with it. and because its man made maybe the liner went south who knows tho i could be totally wrong thats why im asking all you guys.....
It has nothing to do with the earthquake... We didn't get much rain the last few winters... so if the water isn't coming in and they have to keep draining every summer... guess what happens!!! it gets real low... pray for a great winter... It was even lower back in the drought of the 90's. They limited the # of boats on the lake. Oak Shores was high and dry... but they never drained it dry... We could be in the same position by the end of this summer.... :confused: :frown:
RNG

dicudmore
06-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
And where did you hear that from !!! :D :D
RNG
a wise source told me about it :D

redneckgirl
06-24-2004, 10:10 AM
a wise source told me about it :D
:cool: :D
RNG

dicudmore
06-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Oak Shore... This was taken from there front deck looking towards the narrows...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1405OS-med.bmp
RNG
I could look at that pic for hours, but sure would like to see it full

redneckgirl
06-24-2004, 10:29 AM
I could look at that pic for hours, but sure would like to see it full
Me too... It sure is nice to live 30 minutes from Naci... I am blessed and spoiled... :D :D
RNG

MJ19
06-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Every year we hear stuff about it being drained and it being too low or they are closing, etc...and it never turns out that way...I think whoever it was that stated above they use it for ag is right.
It's funny how each year it stirs the same worries...
We will be having an event at San Antonio (sister lake to naci) this July...see Miller's party in the ***boat West section for more details if you want to join the fun. :)

Bling Bling
06-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Me too... It sure is nice to live 30 minutes from Naci... I am blessed and spoiled... :D :D
RNG Redneckgirl, you are very lucky, I spent 3 weekends a month there with my parents while I was growing up, it is the coolest lake, period. I boat at Havasu now and miss it dearly. Nothing like riding around in my dads Konas with the 455 olds. I also hear that the farmers have the rights to the water, but that doesn't matter. Once it fills, I strongly suggest to all visiting this lake when you can.

jackpunx
06-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Bling Bling
Redneckgirl, you are very lucky, I spent 3 weekends a month there with my parents while I was growing up, it is the coolest lake, period. I boat at Havasu now and miss it dearly. Nothing like riding around in my dads Konas with the 455 olds. I also hear that the farmers have the rights to the water, but that doesn't matter. Once it fills, I strongly suggest to all visiting this lake when you can.
I heard you made it up there with your skater.. and gave my buddy John (lives on the ranch) a ride he will never forget in that thing...lol
I go up and visit him every couple of months.. Its nice.. He has his own dock.. we have a blast..

redneckgirl
06-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Redneckgirl, you are very lucky, I spent 3 weekends a month there with my parents while I was growing up, it is the coolest lake, period. I boat at Havasu now and miss it dearly. Nothing like riding around in my dads Konas with the 455 olds. I also hear that the farmers have the rights to the water, but that doesn't matter. Once it fills, I strongly suggest to all visiting this lake when you can.
I would love to see your big cat on our little lake :eek: You would be from one end to the other in about 2 minutes :cool: :D
RNG

Bling Bling
06-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Jackpunx, I remember that ride I gave John, he's a kool guy. I actually Got my Skater up with the room I had in the hi 130s, to the low 140s. Little crazy, but it was fun. Redneckgirl, had a trip planned this year, but the friends we were gonna stay with in heritage said the water was a bit low. When the water is up, I will be there.

redneckgirl
06-25-2004, 04:55 AM
Jackpunx, I remember that ride I gave John, he's a kool guy. I actually Got my Skater up with the room I had in the hi 130s, to the low 140s. Little crazy, but it was fun. Redneckgirl, had a trip planned this year, but the friends we were gonna stay with in heritage said the water was a bit low. When the water is up, I will be there.
Be sure to let us know we would like to have a cold one with you... pray for a wet winter we need it...
RNG

bonesfab
06-25-2004, 08:46 AM
we were up there when it was to the rim. no overflow camping just water. way bitchen lake especially when full:)

dicudmore
06-25-2004, 08:57 AM
Be sure to let us know we would like to have a cold one with you... pray for a wet winter we need it...
RNG
I'm praying, and I want to visit :D

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 09:11 AM
My understanding is it is because of lack of rain... :(