PDA

View Full Version : Iraq's about ready for it's own Disney World

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 08:17 PM
BAGHDAD—As the Coalition Provisional Authority prepares to hand power over to an Iraqi-led interim government on June 30, CPA administrator L. Paul Bremer publicly touted the success of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Vast Majority Not Dead
"As the Coalition's rule draws to a close, the numbers show that we have an awful lot to be proud of," Bremer said Tuesday. "As anyone who's taken a minute and actually looked at the figures can tell you, the vast majority of Iraqis are still alive—as many as 99 percent. While 10,000 or so Iraqi civilians have been killed, pretty much everyone is not dead."
Many Iraqis Prisoners Charged With Crimes
According to U.S. Department of Defense statistics, of the approximately 24 million Iraqis who were not killed, nearly all are not in a military prison. Bremer said "a good number" of those Iraqis who are in jail have been charged with a crime, and most of them have enjoyed a prison stay free of guard-dog attacks, low-watt electrocutions, and sexual humiliation.
Daylight Walks Mostly Safe
U.S. Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt explained the coalition's accomplishments in geographical terms.
"There are vast sections of the country where one can go outside unarmed during the daylight hours," Kimmitt said, speaking from a heavily guarded base outside of Baghdad. "Even in cities where fighting has occurred, many neighborhoods have not been torn apart by gunfire. And, throughout the country, more towns than I could name off the top of my head have never been touched by a bomb at all."
Most Public Buildings Still Standing
Kimmitt said the bulk of the nation's public buildings are still standing.
"Throughout the nation, four out of five mosques have not been obliterated," Kimmitt said. "That's way, way, way more than half. Also, 80 percent of the nation's treasures and artifacts have not been destroyed by artillery or stolen in the widespread looting. If we were in school, that'd be a B-minus."
Halliburton Optimistic
Halliburton executive vice-president and CFO C. Christopher Gaut described the progress of his company's reconstruction efforts.
"Of the millions of civilian homes that are still standing, many have electricity for hours each day," Gaut said. "The loss of $200 million in profits resulting from oil-line sabotage pales in comparison to the millions of dollars that remaining lines are generating. And a good portion of southern Iraq currently has access to fuel. Once we get the lines in the north repaired, oil fields will be operating at more than two-thirds of their former capacity."

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Catmando masquerades as Lake Pirate....... Film at 11:00:p

NorCal Gameshow
06-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Catmando masquerades as Lake Pirate....... Film at 11:00:p
that's what i was thinkin'
NG--->just sitting here shaking my head

LASERRAY
06-24-2004, 08:25 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sleeping: :sleeping:
( thank god for cut and paste).

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sleeping: :sleeping:
( thank god for cut and paste). '
I think that was a cut and paste from Moveon.org or bushlies.com... Effing LOSERS!

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 08:28 PM
You guys need to lighten up. The whole tightie rightie thing has ruined your sense of humor and turned every post into repetitive hegemony.
It's satire. It only hurts if it rings of the truth?

NorCal Gameshow
06-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
You guys need to lighten up. The whole tightie rightie thing has ruined your sense of humor and turned every post into repetitive hegemony.
It's satire. It only hurts if it rings of the truth?
when you offer up some truth, we'll find out....
you lost me when you posted no one else will die when the ....
nevermind
NG---->still shaking his head

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Here's the rest. I know you're dying to read it.
Gaut added: "Many of the hospitals have reopened, and a good number of the schools have started holding classes at regularly scheduled hours, too."
Above: Two Iraqis from Tikrit who are very much alive.
Charles Sawyer, a State Department official serving as a liaison between coalition forces and the Iraqi interim government, said that no Americans have been killed in Fallujah since the coalition ceded control of the region to an Iraqi brigade.
"Less than 10 contractors have been murdered, publicly mutilated, or had their remains hung from a bridge since the end of March," Sawyer said. "And nearly three quarters of the foreign-born contract workers taken hostage in the last six months have not been killed. Also, contrary to headlines that claim there are problems with Iraq's internal law enforcement, more than half of Iraqi police officers have not deserted."
U.S. Army Gen. John P. Abizaid gave a positive assessment of the status of U.S. troops in Iraq.
"Yesterday alone, 137,980 American troops were not killed," Abizaid said. "All in all, if we keep on like this, more than 90 percent of the brave men and women serving in Iraq will return home to see their families again."
Iraq's new prime minister, Iyad Allawi, agreed that the situation in his soon-to-be-independent nation is improving.
"Of the 25 members of the Iraqi Governing Council, 23 survived until the group was replaced last month," Allawi said. "Nine out of 10 times, death threats against those who cooperate with coalition efforts do not end in actual murders."
However, Allawi added that, despite the wishes of most of his countrymen, the vast majority of American troops deployed to Iraq are still there.

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 08:37 PM
truth?
Unfortunately something you know little of...:yuk:

LASERRAY
06-24-2004, 08:38 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 08:40 PM
I don't think you guys are playing very nice with lake pirate.. ..
with the one thread he posted on doesn't mean anything on this post does it.. give him a break and let it start over for the poor guy.. I feel bad for him.. everytime he comes on and says anything he gets roasted.. let's play nice please.;) I have already said I will not be in anymore drama.. so lets start again.;) (I know i started my drama but I'm done with it.. I promise.)

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Actually every word of it is the truth. If you do the math and reverse the headlines the fourth estate shoves up your pooper you will find it is correct. It's a spin of course, but all the headlines are a spin. It depends on your perspective and the openness of your mind to find the truth in any report.

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Nice try Mrs Vee and well appreciated. I'm ok with my role here. I will not resort to the same level of degradation and high school chest puffing as my detractors. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Nice try Mrs Vee and well appreciated. I'm ok with my role here. I will not resort to the same level of degradation and high school chest puffing as my detractors. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. ;)
well it's just not fair to you for the one thread that it happen to be.. ;)

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
well it's just not fair to you for the one thread that it happen to be.. ;)
RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIGHT;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2004, 08:50 PM
I don't know who he is and it's not very pleasant when you can't say anything and get shit on like that.. sorry but it's my honest opinion.. I've been there and you know it.. but this is the last I will say anything about it.. sorry.. ;) ;)

schiada96
06-24-2004, 08:51 PM
butt pirate

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by schiada96
butt pirate
If you don't have anything nice to say......

schiada96
06-24-2004, 08:53 PM
If you don't have anything nice to say......
what not funny?

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by schiada96
what not funny?
Just admonishing... cuz I was being mean I guess! (yes funny!)

LASERRAY
06-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I don't think you guys are playing very nice with lake pirate.. ..
with the one thread he posted on doesn't mean anything on this post does it.. give him a break and let it start over for the poor guy.. I feel bad for him.. everytime he comes on and says anything he gets roasted.. let's play nice please.;) I have already said I will not be in anymore drama.. so lets start again.;) (I know i started my drama but I'm done with it.. I promise.) He's just experiencing a little pre one-hundred post hazeing. He'll be fine.;)

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 09:04 PM
He's just experiencing a little pre one-hundred post hazeing. He'll be fine.;)
Meanie...

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 09:06 PM
I hate to break it to you Nostrodamus but I'm at a 126 posts or so. Maybe it's pre 300 post hazing? Or maybe their just mean? :(

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 09:07 PM
I hate to break it to you Nostrodamus but I'm at a 126 posts or so. Maybe it's pre 300 post hazing? Or maybe their just mean? :(
Probably the latter...

NorCal Gameshow
06-24-2004, 09:10 PM
They come and troll ....
cat...
azDon...
nick...
ignore him... he'll go away

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 09:11 PM
What's the age limit on being a "Young Republican?"
If I come over to the dark side will Drudge give me a by-line?

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 09:12 PM
What's the age limit on being a "Young Republican?"
If I come over to the dark side will Drudge give me a by-line?
Bad news, you are a member of the dark side...

LASERRAY
06-24-2004, 09:14 PM
I hate to break it to you Nostrodamus but I'm at a 126 posts or so. Maybe it's pre 300 post hazing? Or maybe their just mean? :( Wow, You're on fire!:D

Dr. Eagle
06-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Wow, You're on fire!:D
Meanie....:p

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 09:25 PM
The shame of it all is that, y'all are so busy with your anti pirate schlock you missed out on some brilliant satire. You don't have to agree with it but you have to admire the writers ability to take a headline and blurb and add a humorous twist that rings of the truth.

MagicMtnDan
06-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Hey Flake Pirate give it a rest. Your bile is getting hard to take - try sharing your left wing beliefs with the other Kool Aid drinkers like your bretheren over at Kiss_Michael_Moore's_Fat_Ass.com (http://atimeforchoosing.blogspot.com/2004/06/now-what-mr-kerry.html) Web site.

Lake Pirate
06-24-2004, 10:25 PM
It's beddy bye time (ambiens kicking in) but I gotta ask. Why is it just because I am (presumably) a liberal, that every response to anything I post is met with total enemy like hatred? Is this the status quo for conservatives? Why would you totally hate someone just because they subscribe to different tenets? I have yet to retaliate to your childish insults. You have yet to offer any debate that supports your views. Just constant good 'ol boy bashing is all you have. I hate to say this because I'm not really into insulting people but, it is starting to look like you aren't very smart and cover your lack of skill with acid laced junior high level retorts. It's ok to be stupid but to be stupid and crass? Surely you can do better?

HighRoller
06-25-2004, 06:12 AM
LP, the thing about GOOD satire is that it has to be based in the truth. And the truth about the state of things in Iraq is not what Dan Blather is telling you. Anyone who has been there recently will tell you the country is undergoing a revolution as far as business growth and infrastructure. The fact that the news media ignores all the positive stories in 95% of Iraq to make the events in the other 5% sound like doomsday is actually more like satire. Terrorists are called "militants", there hasn't been one report in the last week I've heard about any of our troops killing anybody, and the LA Times found the one house in Iraq without Air conditioning and reported it like it was the end of the world!! It's funny how all these people bagging on Bush never said a thing about how bad Saddam was.....we freed 25 million people from a guy who killed 35-50,000 of his own people every year and you'd think WE were the bad guys! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 06:15 AM
It's beddy bye time (ambiens kicking in) but I gotta ask. Why is it just because I am (presumably) a liberal, that every response to anything I post is met with total enemy like hatred? Is this the status quo for conservatives? Why would you totally hate someone just because they subscribe to different tenets? I have yet to retaliate to your childish insults. You have yet to offer any debate that supports your views. Just constant good 'ol boy bashing is all you have. I hate to say this because I'm not really into insulting people but, it is starting to look like you aren't very smart and cover your lack of skill with acid laced junior high level retorts. It's ok to be stupid but to be stupid and crass? Surely you can do better?
No LP (Its Enmity by the way) its not because we are stupid. It is because we are tired of the same old diatribe from the left. That wasn't good satire it was a veiled attack on the current administration, and thinly veiled at that, and not wanting to speak for others, I found it not to be funny.
We are so tired of it and as such you get the one sentence responses... and that is what you WILL get here when you post that crap.
And yes you are obviously a liberal... don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that on out.

Lake Pirate
06-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Now that's a lucid response. It is debateable. The context of any satire will support a particular view. I've read some scathing satirical editorials about the left. Although I disagreed, some of it was quite funny. There is hegemony on this board. It's quite obvious from the earlier posts on this thread. The fact is, the satire was debateable, and it's content could be misleading. You are doing the reader a far greater service by exposing and discussing that point, rather than attacking the messenger.
Being satirical (a smartass) is always existent in any form of writing. Humans strive to get their point across subversively hence the use of satire and the need for satire. It can be light nuance hardly noticeable or it can be heavy handed which is represented in my C&P. Personally I thought the writer was very good. However, that doesn't mean I support every word of it. Although some of it was dead on. The lesson to be learned is that the true leader of misleading headlines and rhetorical spin is the media. There is always another side but they report it like there is not. Reader beware.

twistedpair
06-25-2004, 08:13 AM
The lesson to be learned is that the true leader of misleading headlines and rhetorical spin is the media. There is always another side but they report it like there is not. Reader beware.
Let's see, the liberals accuse the media of being in 'this administrations' pocket, and the conservatives accuse the media of being in bed with the liberals. Sounds like they must be doing something right, both sides are pissed off at them.

GlastronGuy
06-25-2004, 08:18 AM
When I saw this thread title i thought it said:
Iraq's about ready to own Disney World
'cause you know it's just a matter of time before there is a terrorist attack there. Especially if Kerry gets into office.

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Reader beware.
Always...
the LA Times, and other such publications are about as scewed as any in the world...
And of course Fox News is "right" down the middle...LOL...
Regardless satire is BS IMO... if you like it, you like it... I don't. Kind of like the satire posted from the other side the other day... it is spin and IMO preys on people that don't care enough about what is going on to research and look for less scewed or biased press. It trys to win them over by spinning and stretching points. Tell a lie loudly and often enough people will start believing it...

Lake Pirate
06-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Precisely Dr Eagle. That is the debate! Everyone thinks they have a reliable news source whether that be Drudge, The NY Times, USA Today or whatever rag they are reading. It doesn't matter. There is going to be a spin that either represents the agenda of the writer or publisher. I see many arguments and opinions that are headline based by supposed informed people. Although the role I play here is liberal that moniker isn't really a fair depiction of my politics. I'll be the devil's advocate for the sake of debate but what's important is challenging people's views and expanding their horizons. (Including my own.) Satire is only the most obvious way to spin the news. It is done everyday in almost every article. The sublety is lost by the dynamics of the headline but it doesn't make it any less nefarious.
The best I can tell (no offense) is the minds with the least flexibility when understanding the source and the motives behind the information is the conservative right. These guys react with such hostility when a topic is discussed that does not totally agree with their politics that one can only wonder to what extent they are completely brainwashed by their trusted media?

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 09:55 AM
The best I can tell (no offense) is the minds with the least flexibility when understanding the source and the motives behind the information is the conservative right.
Interesting...... my take is that the Liberal Left is the least flexible... and as far as they are concerned everything that is a current convention is by definition not good enough or "progressive". I have the exact diametrically opposed view...

OLDRAT
06-25-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm going to nuke a bag of popcorn, anybody want some? :D

Nokomis
06-25-2004, 10:09 AM
"The suffering inside Iraq can come to an end when Saddam Hussein's regime is replaced. And I hope -- and most of the world community hopes -- that this regime based on terrorism and atrocities against his own people will be replaced. Over time, we hope to achieve that result."
-Al Gore, 1993
"They dare not admit the truth lest they look like complete fools for launching our country into a reckless, discretionary war against a nation that posed no immediate threat to us whatsoever."
-Al Gore, yesterday
The left is not only intolerant of any point of view other than their own, they'll change it to fit the poll of the hour.

Lake Pirate
06-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Go figger... lol.
I constantly hear how the media is liberal but when I watch it, I walk away feeling it is promoting a conservative agenda. Most Dem's I meet feel the same way, and I am sure most Rep's would agree with you. Interesting dichotomy, eh?
The bottom line is that any subject is worthy of debate. Whether that be racism, religion, politics or drink recipes. Anger over debate serves no purpose and is a travesty of use regarding this medium.
If one is tired of a given debate or opinion do not open the thread. it's not going to hurt my feelings if I get a response or not. I'll just move on to the next topic.
(Y'all were worried about hurting my feelings...right?) :D

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 11:40 AM
I constantly hear how the media is liberal but when I watch it, I walk away feeling it is promoting a conservative agenda.
Go figger... lol
:D
Wow..... you are a leftie....:rolleyes:
Note to self: don't open any more of Lake Pirates threads...

Lake Pirate
06-25-2004, 11:55 AM
As per usual, I offer an olive branch and you try to stick it up my ass.
Note to self: an asshole is an asshole is an asshole.

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 11:58 AM
As per usual, I offer an olive branch and you try to stick it up my ass.
Note to self: an asshole is an asshole is an asshole.
very good.... :D

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Wow..... you are a leftie....:rolleyes:
Note to self: don't open any more of Lake Pirates threads...
If I have the time, I'll open the threads. I'd like to understand him. It fascinates me how some people feel thet they and those around them need to be more taxed, regulated, and in general under more government control. I'd like to better understand the collectivist mind set that makes them want to follow a 100 year old, leftist, dogma that has caused so much misery all over the world....
Keep talking Lake Pirate. I'll listen and since I fit the dictionary definition of a liberal (but not the current political one) I'll try to understand.:idea:

Lake Pirate
06-25-2004, 12:06 PM
I could post a ton of garbage about the tightie righties and their arrogance in the face of devasting loss but instead, I'll post this...
Poker With Dick Cheney
Transcript of The Editors' regular Saturday-night poker game with Dick Cheney, 6/19/04. Start tape at 12:32 AM.
The Editors: We'll take three cards.
Dick Cheney: Give me one.
Sounds of cards being placed down, dealt, retrieved, and rearranged in hand. Non-commital noises, puffing of cigars.
TE: Fifty bucks.
DC: I'm in. Show 'em.
TE: Two pair, sevens and fives.
DC: Not good enough.
TE: What do you have?
DC: Better than that, that's for sure. Pay up.
TE: Can you show us your cards?
DC: Sure. One of them's a six.
TE: You need to show all your cards. That's the way the game is played.
Colin Powell: Ladies and gentlemen. We have accumulated overwhelming evidence that Mr. Cheney's poker hand is far, far better than two pair. Note this satellite photo, taken three minutes ago when The Editors went to get more chips. In it we clearly see the back sides of five playing cards, arranged in a poker hand. Defector reports have assured us that Mr. Cheney's hand was already well advanced at this stage. Later, Mr. Cheney drew only one card. Why only one card? Would a man without a strong hand choose only one card? We are absolutely convinced that Mr. Cheney has at least a full house.
Tim Russert: Wow. Colin Powell really hit a homerun for the Administration right there. A very powerful performance. My dad played a lot of poker in World War 2, and he taught me many things about life. Read my book.
TE: He's extremely good at Power Point. But we would like to see the cards, or else we can't really be sure he has anything to beat two pair. We don't think he would lie to us, but ... well, it is a very rich pot.
Jonah Goldberg: Liberal critics of Mr. Cheney's poker hand contend that "he doesn't have anything". Oh, really, liberal critics? Cheney has already showed them the six of clubs, and yet these liberals persist in saying he has "nothing". Why do liberals consider the six of clubs to be "nothing"? Is it because the six of clubs is black?
Matt Drudge: ****DRUDGE REPORT EXCLUSIVE****
*****MUST CREDIT THE DRUDGE REPORT*****
The Drudge Report has learned that Dick Cheney has a royal flush, hearts. Developing ...
TE: Perhaps if you could just show us a subset of your cards which beat 2 pair? Or tell us exactly what your hand is?
DC: We will show you our cards after we have collected the pot. It is important that things be done in this order, otherwise the foundation of our entire poker game will be destroyed.
TE: We aren't sure ...
DC: Very good. And here are my cards. A straight flush.
Judith Miller: Dick Cheney has revealed a straight flush, confirming his pre-collection claims about beating two pair.
TE: Those cards are of different suits. It's not a flush.
Mark Steyn: When will it end? Now liberal critics complain that Dick Cheney's cards are not all the same suit. Naturally, these are the same liberals who are always whining about a lack of diversity in higher education. It seems like segregation is OK with these liberals, as long as it damages Republicans.
MD: ****DRUDGE REPORT EXCLUSIVE****
A witness has come forward claiming that The Editors engage in racial profiling in blog-linking. Developing ...
TE: Wait! It's not even a straight! You've got a eight and ten of hearts, a six of clubs, and the seven and five of diamonds. You have a ten high. That's nothing.
Sean Hannity: Well, well, well. In another sign of liberal desperation, liberals now complain that a ten high is "nothing". Does ten equal zero in liberal mathematics? That would explain a lot.
Robert Novak: It's a perfectly valid poker hand. Apparently, liberals have never heard of a "skip straight". It's a kind of straight, just with one card missing. But if you skip around the missing nine, it's a straight.
Alan Colmes: Mother says I mustn't play poker.
TE: There is no such thing as a "skip straight".
Brit Hume: It seems like some people are still playing poker like it's September 10th. Back then, you needed to have all your cards in order to claim a straight. But, as we learned on that day, sometimes you won't have perfect knowledge. Sometimes you have to learn to connect the dots, and see the patterns which are not visible to superficial analysis of the type favored by the CIA and the State Department. Dick Cheney's skip straight is a winning poker hand for the post-9/11 world.
Rush Limbaugh: Do The Editors have two pairs, or a pair of twos? First they say one thing, then another. What are they hiding?
Andrew Sullivan: Dick Cheney never said he had a straight. He was very careful about this. His cards can form many different hands. None of these hands alone can beat a pair of twos; but, taken together, the combination of all possible hands presents a more compelling case for taking the pot than simply screaming "Pair of twos! Pair of twos!" as unprincipled liberal critics of the Vice President so often do.
MD: ****DRUDGE REPORT EXCLUSIVE****
Did The Editors claim to have "a pair of Jews"? Are they anti-Semites as well as racists? Developing ...
Zell Miller: As a lifelong liberal Democrat, I believe Dick Cheney, and I hate liberals and Democrats.
William Safire: Why are liberals so obsessed by Dick Cheney's poker hand? The pot has been taken, the deal is done. If liberals are upset that we are no longer playing by the Marquis of Queensbury patty-cake poker rules, they clearly lack the stomach to play poker in the post-September 11th environment. And why do they never complain about Saddam Hussein's poker playing, which was a thousand times worse?
Christopher Hitchens: The Left won't be happy until the pot is divided up equally between Yassar Arafat, Osama bin Laden, and Hitler. Orwell would have seen this.
Ann Coulter: Why do liberals object so strenuously to the idea of conservatives having a "straight"? Perhaps because it doesn't fit in with the radical homosexual/Islamist agenda they hold so dear?
Report of the Bipartisan Commission on Poker Hands: There is no such thing as a "skip straight".
DC: I have access to poker rules that the Commission doesn't, and so I know for a fact that the cards in my hand are all intimately connected.
George W. Bush: Dick Cheney is telling the truth. I'm a nice man who would drink a beer with you.
Vladimir Putin: I dealt Dick Cheney three aces and two kings.
DC: My deal.

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Kinda Cute, but to be honest, you could put Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, or just about any other high power politial figures name there instead of D.C.'s and it would work just as well.:sleeping:

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
If I have the time, I'll open the threads. I'd like to understand him.
That response was of course tongue in cheek... but that's OK... I don't mind it if he feels that I threw the olive branch back... I didn't really see one there anyway.

Lake Pirate
06-25-2004, 12:39 PM
You'll have to admit the typical response to me is from the viewpoint of trolls or bashers. I don't mind much but, it's really kind of funny that someone said I'm a troll when in fact I have yet to take the low road. After a plethora of negative responses I'm not beyond zinging one or two back your way but for the most part I'm here just for discussion. You guys think you have me pegged (with the liberal thing) which is kinda funny also, because it entirely depends on the topic as to whether I'm conservative or liberal. One thing for sure... I wouldn't live in California on a bet. Talk about asswipes. If you guys are the barometer for what to expect from it's citizenry then there is no wonder the state is in total chaos. <--- zinger

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 12:42 PM
If you guys are the barometer for what to expect from it's citizenry then there is no wonder the state is in total chaos. <--- zinger
Excellent; bet you thunk of that all by yourself too.......... <-----comeback....

Lake Pirate
06-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Have a nice weekend. Gotta go. <--- exit

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Have fun, boat safely..........

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Alright, the uptight Dem is gone, now us selfish, shallow, individualist, capitalist, pigs can party!!:D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

BUSTI
06-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Look this guy named Lake Pirate is a liar! Don't respond to his crap.
On another thread "eye for an eye" I think I mentioned numerous historical facts about the Palestinian Israeli issue and he didn't respond or refute any of them. Why because he couldn't. I warned him that because his post were devoid of a philosophical base and that such lack of clarity on his part would leave nothing else but the reader to draw his or her conclusion about his poitical persuation. He should't be alarmed at our conclusions about him.
WORDS MEAN THINGS! You can't shovel shit and try and pass it off for psuedo intellectualism as lake Pirate does on this board. Then when your readers call you on what you appear to be, cry as if the burden of being missed understood is the readers fault.
No one here on these boards hates him for being inarticulate or wrong thinking, we just hate what he posts and then is so pompous as to act as if we can't respond to his mind challenging provoative takes on the news. What a joke this guy's posts are.
When faced with facts he has no response.
I am sure he was first in line to get to get his Michael Moore fan club pin.
Every liberal BELIEVES IN THIS MANTRA; Don't confuse me with the facts I have made up my mind.
And Lake Pirate speaking of junior high .............most junior high shool students I bet could debate better than you!
For a log time the likes of Dr. Eagle, myself and many others including one of my favorites, Riverdave have had fun stirring and rousing debates on many issues. With out meeting we have all prowled these boards with a definition of truth in our writings well rooted in facts and good spirits and more importantly with REAL WIT! TRUE WIT IS A REAL MEASUREMENT OF TRUE INTELLIGENCE AND LAKE PIRATE SO FAR YOU HAVE PROVEN FROM YOUR POSTS YOU ARE WITLESS!
You can do better. But don't be alarmed when all us tightie righties jump on your lousy leftist demorat ass! Take it like a man or are you a man? Admitt when you swimming in the DEEP end of the pool and maybe you should post on Al Gore's web site if you don't like it.
Remembeer generaliztion is the mother of all wisdom(generally). Strive for clarity not agreement. When the reader is unclear of your meaning or intent the burden is for you to be more clear. And when us tightie righties don't agree with you don't cry and fall behind your psuedo intellectual bullshit that you think your challenging us. Just accept your spanking.

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Like I said, I smell a Catmando in pirate garb...........

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2004, 03:15 PM
When I look at how the dems are goose stepping with the likes of Michael Moorer, I remember back to when I used to see 60s and early 70s hippies protesting and chanting "By Any Means Necessary!" (I actually saw Maxine Waters lead a chant of that phrase at a Juneteenth cleibration I was attending in the 80s) I think, this is what those drugged out hippies have become, leaders of the Democratic party.

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Here Kitty Kitty Kitty...

twistedpair
06-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Have a nice weekend Pirate. Go enjoy your powerboat (I assume it IS a powerboat) while your ecoterrorist backed party still allows it. Remember, fossil fuels are the Devil!:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
06-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
Have a nice weekend Pirate. Go enjoy your powerboat (I assume it IS a powerboat) while your ecoterrorist backed party still allows it. Remember, fossil fuels are the Devil!:rolleyes:
Priceless...:D

HighRoller
06-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Lake Pirate, I have a challenge for you. You say the media is somehow Right Wing,well do this; listen to the reports and write down the descriptive adjectives the reporter uses to describe a Republican's actions. Then do the same when they report about a Democrat. First of all, a reporter should not be using adjectives frequently when they report the FACTS. If they do, that is an editorial. Secondly, you'll find that the press frequently reports the war or GW Bush's actions in an editorial format. When they call a document on the war a "blistering report", is that not opinion? finally, listen to the news and write down every time a news agency reports an American casualty. Also, write down every time they report an enemy casualty. In two weeks you'll have many battles with Americans KIA and NO enemies reported dead. It's amazing that according to CBS we have only killed 25 people in the last two weeks, and all of them were "foreign nationals" holed up in a "suspected safehouse". Translation: Terrorists from Iran, Yemen and Syria were hiding somewhere and got flattened. Kind of like the "Wedding party" that turned out to be a bunch of terrorists firing AK's from under some woman's wedding dress. Strange how CBS never reported that they found out the Wedding Party was firing on a Us Helo..... Wake up, Lake Liberal. You need to get your news from someone else than Dan Blather!!

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Seemed that LP was citing mostly talk radio hosts. The mainstream media is very left wing biased.
Dan Rather
Ted Koppel
Peter Jennings
Mike Wallace
Morly Safer
Ed Bradley
Leslie Stahl
Katie Couric
Oprah
ALl the witches on The View
CNN in general
CNBC in general
These are only a few that come to mind. Many of these are broadcast so called mainstream anchors, and they are SOOOOO obvious in their leanings, but claim to be "unbiased reporters". Fox's claim to be "fair and balanced" really should be "we report the other side of what you see EVERYWHERE ELSE", honestly I think that is what they mean by it.

Lake Pirate
06-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Welp... I'm back from hugging my trees and converting "Bush and Cheney in '04" bumper stickers into alternative fuels. I'll have to store the polymer coatings in steel barrels on the peirpheral borders of Chernobyl for about 2000 years but I saved almost three dollars. I can feed a hooded white owl for a week on that!
It's nice to learn Busti was thinking so hard about me over the weekend. (Hope he doesn't see me in my boxers.) The guy has a fixation. Just for him...I noticed we're kicking the shit out of the terrorists again this week. On the liberal news they are reporting that we have managed to stay afloat in the ducking booth almost 1/4 of the time. Way to go Herr Bush!!!! If the terrorists ask us to move a little more to the right will we do it? Or ask how far first? It's nice to be a polite target. Don'tcha think?
Me bein' a liar and all... this could be total bullshit.
While boating with Michael Moore this weekend (we paddled to be envionmentally correct) he asked if y'all could please vote for Kerry in the face of the undeniable facts that the Bush administration has misled you so much? Hope that doesn't piss you off cuz I'm just passing it on for him.
Can Clinton and Clinton run in '08? Let's begin support now. K?

Lake Pirate
06-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Here's some satire for the tighty righty's... they look like they could use some help.
During the Clinton Administration I had an extremely good and well paying job. I took numerous vacations and had several vacation homes.
Since President Bush took office, I have watched my entire life change for the worse.
I lost my job. I lost my two sons in that terrible Iraqi War. I lost my homes. I lost my health insurance. As a matter of fact, I lost virtually everything and became homeless.
Adding insult to injury, when the authorities found me living like an animal, instead of helping me, they arrested me. I will do anything to insure President Bush's defeat in the next election.
I will do anything that Senator Kerry wants, to insure that a Democrat is back in the White House come next year. Bush has to go.
I just thought you and your readers would like to know how one senior citizen views the Bush Administration Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.
Sincerely,
Saddam Hussein

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Of course that was all Bush's fault......
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: