PDA

View Full Version : What Anchor did you use before the Box Anchor?

LASERRAY
06-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Mushroom and 3 fluke river anchor.:yuk:

Rexone
06-25-2004, 09:56 PM
427 crank and a bleech bottle.
call me ghetto :D
worked good but is a bitch when it rolls onto your foot when carrying it in the boat. plus a bit hard to launch it very far :o box anchor is much more user friendly and works just as good.

LASERRAY
06-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
427 crank and a bleech bottle.
call me ghetto :D At least you didn't say a '74 Pinto.:D

JetBoatRich
06-25-2004, 10:01 PM
always seemed like I had the wrong anchor:o

RiverToysJas
06-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Rudder-coated mushroom.
RTJas :D

Beautiful Noise
06-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Anchor??I use to just pull the Plug on mine and set the back end on the bottom :rolleyes: :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/29Parker_Sunken_Boat_2-med.jpg

RiverToysJas
06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Anchor??I use to just pull the Plug on mine and set the back end on the bottom :rolleyes: :D
Thanks Steve, now I'm goin' to be sick! :(

Rexone
06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Well it looks quite effective and think of the money you saved on not having a traditional anchor. :)

checkster
06-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Just leave the plug out......run like hell to your destination and whaalaaa.....no need for an anchor.

LASERRAY
06-25-2004, 10:23 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/29Parker_Sunken_Boat_2-med.jpg I love your " I meant to do that" body language.:D

Beautiful Noise
06-25-2004, 10:23 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

RiverToysJas
06-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
I love your " I meant to do that" body language.:D
LOL! You're right, I'm not sure he knows anything is wrong...
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun2/sunkin.jpg

JetBoatRich
06-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun2/sunkin.jpg
Fuuny, she does have a vest on:(

Beautiful Noise
06-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
What I dont see anything wrong so what if it took alittle longer to get it up on Plane:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

JetBoatRich
06-25-2004, 10:33 PM
What I dont see anything wrong so what if it took alittle longer to get it up on Plane:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
you had a little extra weight:(

Beautiful Noise
06-25-2004, 10:33 PM
This was when I was getting the vest out for the skier:rolleyes: :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/29Parker_Sunken_Boat_3-med.jpg

LASERRAY
06-25-2004, 10:34 PM
What I dont see anything wrong so what if it took alittle longer to get it up on Plane:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D You're in denial!:D

Beautiful Noise
06-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
you had a little extra weight:(
HEY Leave my weight out of this Rich:mad: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Debbolas
06-26-2004, 07:04 AM
Back to the subject of the thread! LOL:D
We had our friends cousin (we call him Dougyver, like Mc Gyver) cut a huge piece of metal, it measures about 8 inches thick and then welded some little claws on the end. The bummer thing is with my back, I couldn't life this out of the boat anymore. I am curious to see if the box anchor will hold in the current down at Moabi.
:cool:

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
We had our friends cousin (we call him Dougyver, like Mc Gyver) cut a huge piece of metal, it measures about 8 inches thick and then welded some little claws on the end. The bummer thing is with my back, I couldn't life this out of the boat anymore. I am curious to see if the box anchor will hold in the current down at Moabi.
:cool: You better hope it does!:D
Hey Deb, have you bought scream a prop-guard yet?;) :D

Debbolas
06-26-2004, 07:08 AM
You better hope it does!:D
Hey Deb, have you bought scream a prop-guard yet?;) :D
YES!!!
(he cut his finger putting it on the prop, I posted a thread about it so you all could tease him)
LOL:D :eek: :D

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:10 AM
YES!!!
(he cut his finger putting it on the prop,
LOL:D :eek: :D No Way!!!:D :D :D
We're all DOOOOOOMMMEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

Flying Tiger
06-26-2004, 07:12 AM
I have 3 box anchors.
One for the campsite, two for the boat.
The trick is to NOT be moving very fast when you set them like some do with sand anchors. Preferably stopped.
Then spend a little time after you figure it's set to make sure all is well.
They can drift on ya,, but they keep trying to re bite unless they're tangled with weeds.
But for the most part, once they're set,, they're set.
Put small a float on the lines, because often I've seen people throw them in, loose the rope,, and thats it, a $110 anchor is lost.
I wish he's make a smaller one for temp anchoring at the sandbar.

Debbolas
06-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Gosh, I hope not, our luck in the past has not been STELLAR. I though new boat = new luck!
I wanted to name our old boat ..."Trouble";)

EliminatorJet
06-26-2004, 07:22 AM
haven't picked up the box anchor yet, using the grappling hook but it seems to hold a 19ft jet ok, wouldn't trust it over night though

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Gosh, I hope not, our luck in the past has not been STELLAR. I though new boat = new luck!
I wanted to name our old boat ..."Trouble";) I wanted to name my boat "Trouble" last Saturday up at lake McClure. Now all this happened in one day: 1- Dead batteries 1st thing in the morning. I put my face-plate on my stereo before the six hour trip to the lake, and the power came-on and powered-up the stereo( cd player, 2 amps etc.) 2- Wind came-up in the cove we were in, anchor came loose from hold, bottom of skeg hit rocks and took a couple chunks out of the skeg. ( i fixed that on Tuesday ). 3- Fuel fill cap chain broke while fueling at the marina and sunk 200 feet to the bottom.:rolleyes:

Debbolas
06-26-2004, 07:25 AM
I wanted to name my boat "Trouble" last Saturday up at lake McClure. Now all this happened in one day: 1- Dead batteries 1st thing in the morning. I put my face-plate on my stereo before the six hour trip to the lake, and the power came-on and powered-up the stereo( cd player, 2 amps etc.) 2- Wind came-up in the cove we were in, anchor came loose from hold, bottom of skeg hit rocks and took a couple chunks out of the skeg. ( i fixed that on Tuesday ). 3- Fuel fill cap chain broke while fueling at the marina and sunk 200 feet to the bottom.:rolleyes:
OMG!!!
Not a good day.......;)
See I think if you name your boat trouble, then maybe all your troubles won't start.....LOL:D

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 07:28 AM
See I think if you name your boat trouble, then maybe all your troubles won't start.....LOL:D Or you may be summoning the boat gods in a negative light.....................................!
My wife wanted to name the boat: What Next!!!:D

Beautiful Noise
06-26-2004, 07:46 AM
OH..............Now I see how you are,If your not the One jacking the Thread you want to stay on Track:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D .............LMAO;) :D

JetBoatRich
06-26-2004, 07:47 AM
OH..............Now I see how you are,If your not the One jacking the Thread you want to stay on Track:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D .............LMAO;) :D
do you believe her:D

Beautiful Noise
06-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
do you believe her:D
She has alot of NERVE :p :p ;) :D :D I know this will ruin my chances of getting any Jerky now:D :D

welk2party
06-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I have used all kinds of anchors. But the box anchor works the best for all bottom types. I have had to put my boat in gear to free it from the bottom more than once. And so far, I have never had a problem in currents.

plaster dave
06-26-2004, 02:10 PM
1 gallon gas can full of lead shot. its great for the river and also for your work out when you got to pull it up. :D

Debbolas
06-26-2004, 02:35 PM
What was the subject of this thread?
LOL:D

Beautiful Noise
06-26-2004, 03:54 PM
What was the subject of this thread?
Anchors Ya that was it :rolleyes: :D

Debbolas
06-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Anchors Ya that was it :rolleyes: :D
Anchors Away!!!http://images.dmusic.com/v7/emoticons/cowgirl.gif

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:25 PM
I had a Danforth type Fluke anchor... it sucked... was sharp, heavy and would pinch your fingers, other than that it was great!

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I had a Danforth type Fluke anchor... it sucked... was sharp, heavy and would pinch your fingers, other than that it was great! Sounds like it's time to do the right thing. Sink-it. make it an artificial reef! :D

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Sounds like it's time to do the right thing. Sink-it. make it an artificial reef! :D
Naw, I gave it away with the boat when I sold it...:D
I love my box anchor... screw anything else...

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 10:07 PM
I love my box anchor... screw anything else... I don't think you'll see your endorsement verbatim in the ads though.:D

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 08:20 AM
I don't think you'll see your endorsement verbatim in the ads though.:D
Hmmmmmm not a bad slogan if you made it a little more politically correct like
I love my box anchor, to heck with the rest...
I love my box anchor... the rest all come up short...
I love my box anchor... it holds like an opossum on a tree...
Oh and the surgeon general has determined that stepping on the fluke or dropping the anchor on your foot can be hazardous to your weekend..

LASERRAY
06-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Hmmmmmm not a bad slogan if you made it a little more politically correct like
I love my box anchor, to heck with the rest...
I love my box anchor... the rest all come up short...
I love my box anchor... it holds like an opossum on a tree...
Oh and the surgeon general has determined that stepping on the fluke or dropping the anchor on your foot can be hazardous to your weekend.. How 'bout:
My wife loves her Box! And I love it too!!!:D