PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks scream will cut himself on his anchor fluke this weekend?

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 08:14 PM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on any further prop lacerations, so this has got to be the next piece of hardware that poses a threat.:D

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Motor home is on the way to the nearest medical facility by now...;)
Hope not...

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Motor home is on the way to the nearest medical facility by now...;)
Hope not... LOL! :D
I can picture deb in her river cowboy hat, haulin' ass down some darkened, windey dirt road. The motorhome bouncing from side to side, as Scream is lying down on the fold-out dinnette bed holding his foot in a towel. As deb drives and tries to post on HB at the same time. :D

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
LOL! :D
I can picture deb in her river cowboy hat, haulin' ass down some darkened, windey dirt road. The motorhome bouncing from side to side, as Scream is lying down on the fold-out dinnette bed holding his foot in a towel. As deb drives and tries to post on HB at the same time. :D
Ya know Ray... just gotta make a guy wonder if the nickname "Scream" doesn't come from the first name relationship he seems to have in every medical facility in the Southwest Region... LOL.......
Oh, oh... here comes that guy that always screws himself up on his boat, screaming again... LOL...

LASERRAY
06-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Ya know Ray... just gotta make a guy wonder if the nickname "Scream" doesn't come from the first name relationship he seems to have in every medical facility in the Southwest Region... LOL.......
Oh, oh... here comes that guy that always screws himself up on his boat, screaming again... LOL... LOL! :D The "handle" Scream is just to preface his weekends.:D

Tom Brown
06-26-2004, 09:17 PM
At least we know that boating isn't just a fad with Scream.

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:17 PM
LOL! :D The "handle" Scream is just to preface his weekends.:D
Little did he know..........:D

JetBoatRich
06-26-2004, 09:27 PM
I bet he stays far away from the prop that has treated him so good so far:(

JetBoatRich
06-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
At least we know that boating isn't just a fad with Scream.
yea, he is in for the long cut:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
06-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
yea, he is in for the long cut:rolleyes:
AS long as he doesn't shorten anything permanently...;)

HighRoller
06-27-2004, 02:15 AM
Well, with their luck you know they will save money on a vasectomy!

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Well, with their luck you know they will save money on a vasectomy!
that as they say would be the cruellest cut of all.........

LASERRAY
06-27-2004, 09:16 AM
that as they say would be the cruellest cut of all......... And the first cut is the deepest....................................:p

welk2party
06-27-2004, 12:37 PM
No posts from Deb yet....you never know. This may be the longest I have ever seen her not post.

Kachina26
06-27-2004, 03:50 PM
I voted for prop again, if he did it twice then he's sure to do it 3 times.

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
No posts from Deb yet....you never know. This may be the longest I have ever seen her not post.
I wonder when she will ge getting the wireless data service... just a matter of time I'd say.

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 07:58 PM
:D bump:D

LASERRAY
06-27-2004, 08:00 PM
I wonder when she will ge getting the wireless data service... just a matter of time I'd say. Oh yes. You know it's coming.;) :D

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Oh yes. You know it's coming.;) :D
Along with 4,000 more posts in a month or so:D

Kilrtoy
06-27-2004, 08:14 PM
We will all be
DDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEDDDDDD

LASERRAY
06-28-2004, 04:44 AM
bumpskie

Huckleberry
06-28-2004, 04:49 AM
Well, as of about 4:00 yesterday afternoon he was still in one piece and not bleeding profusely!

Dr. Eagle
06-28-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
Well, as of about 4:00 yesterday afternoon he was still in one piece and not bleeding profusely!
Dooooomed!!!!! I tell you...

HCS
06-28-2004, 06:52 AM
He's Doooooommmmed! Things happen in threes.

Dr. Eagle
06-28-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
He's Doooooommmmed! Things happen in threes.
And he's on 2 last count.... Doooooomed!

Dr. Eagle
06-28-2004, 08:54 PM
And he's on 2 last count.... Doooooomed!
Any reports?????????:confused:

LASERRAY
06-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Any reports?????????:confused: Enjoy the extra bandwith while you can............................................... ..!
It won't be long now!:p

Dr. Eagle
06-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Enjoy the extra bandwith while you can............................................... ..!
It won't be long now!:p
Before the bandwidth black hole re-emerges in Alta Loma????;)

Daytona100
06-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Ran into scream at the sandbar sunday. Didnt see any lifeflight helicopters hovering above there boat. Seemed to be haveing a good time.

HCS
06-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Daytona100
Ran into scream at the sandbar sunday. Didnt see any lifeflight helicopters hovering above there boat. Seemed to be haveing a good time.
Did he have his leg proped up? Either one? Any of them?:D

Daytona100
06-28-2004, 09:19 PM
I believe he was cruising the sandbar scoping the Honeys!!!!

Phat Matt
06-28-2004, 10:48 PM
I left them at about 10pm on Sunday night. He was still alive and not bleeding. Deb was staring at her laptop and looking for an internet connection. :D

LASERRAY
07-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Bump for deb & scream.:D

ahhell
07-03-2004, 06:11 AM
The prop thing is a sore subject at the moment.....there are only "prop remnants".
The #3 incident was a battle with some rocks....rocks won...ouch
he was so pissed he couldnt even cuss:( :frown:

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by ahhell
The prop thing is a sore subject at the moment.....there are only "prop remnants".
The #3 incident was a battle with some rocks....rocks won...ouch
he was so pissed he couldnt even cuss:( :frown:
Isn't that a song...?
I fought the rocks, and the..... rocks won?

ahhell
07-03-2004, 03:12 PM
BTTT
Matt, where are you?????

Scream
07-03-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm right here damn it...
First.
Ray, you started this thread before I left on Vacation. Isn't that cheating? BTW I voted for cutting myself on the fluke...
Second.
Doc, Yes Deb was wanting a mobile internet by the end of the first day, but the time away has done her some good I think. The skin is starting to grow back onto her fingertips and the laptop seems to have stopped smoking...
And Last but not least.
The damn prop started staring at me toward the end of the week, so I decided to be proactive and run it into a nice huge friggen rock...and the rock won. I munched the prop bigtime and whacked off the bottom of the skeg about 8 inches or so...
The week went well without any...I REPEAT, ANY...injuies of MY family, but my neighbors wife slipped off of the back of the boat onto the prop (luckily it had the famous prop cover on it) and put a bruise on her ass the size of Paquoima that to this day seems to be growing still.
Thanks for the concern, encouragment, or harrassment, whichever was intended. lol

Debbolas
07-03-2004, 06:18 PM
I wonder when she will ge getting the wireless data service... just a matter of time I'd say.
Didn't
know
this
was
available................(note to self, talk to Matt about this...)
:D

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Didn't
know
this
was
available................(note to self, talk to Matt about this...)
spint offers it AT&T and Verizon have a version too...

Debbolas
07-03-2004, 06:38 PM
The damn prop started staring at me toward the end of the week,
Just don't listen to those voices in your head, honey.....;)
spint offers it AT&T and Verizon have a version too...
Good..........good.......we are about to change cell phone providers, (I think):D Then I could post FROM the RIVER!!!
How cool would that be!:D ;) :D
Who's scream anyway? Isn't he the husband of old what's her name?
E X C U S E M E !!!!!!!!! OLD?!?!?!
(just because only Dr. Eagle is older then me..............:frown: )
Before the bandwidth black hole re-emerges in Alta Loma????
A new slogan for our city........."Alta Loma, the Black Bandwidth hole of the Inland Empire"
LOL;)

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 06:40 PM
I love that slogan for the city Deb...
Or as Ross Perot would have said... It's that GIANT SUCKING SOUND>.............LOL............

Debbolas
07-03-2004, 06:43 PM
LOL
You all are going to have to wait for a "detailed" story about my week, still too upset about the prop/skag/boat damage..........:frown:

ahhell
07-03-2004, 06:47 PM
debbo, my new phone has i-net capabilities...Powell coming up. better talk to Hubbolas about verizon

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Scream
The damn prop started staring at me toward the end of the week, so I decided to be proactive and run it into a nice huge friggen rock...and the rock won. I munched the prop bigtime and whacked off the bottom of the skeg about 8 inches or so...
Thanks for the concern, encouragment, or harrassment, whichever was intended. lol
Mr. Scream...
A little prop payback... eh?
Sorry to hear about the subsurface collision.
They can do wonders with the skegs, you get it fixed you'll never know it was even bent.
Better the prop than you, I'd say.
And no harrassment, just a little good natured ribbing...

ahhell
07-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Mr. Scream...
A little prop payback... eh?
Sorry to hear about the subsurface collision.
They can do wonders with the skegs, you get it fixed you'll never know it was even bent.
Better the prop than you, I'd say.
And no harrassment, just a little good natured ribbing...
Bent isnt the word, missing is what was going on there...shark attack... time for the welder and some metal, you have 14 days....begin:cool:

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
Bent isnt the word, missing is what was going on there...shark attack... time for the welder and some metal, you have 14 days....begin:cool:
Yeah, I kinda got the gist... I was trying not to rub salt. I have seen Skegs repaired after being...... er...... severed... and looked like new.

Debbolas
07-03-2004, 06:52 PM
debbo, my new phone has i-net capabilities...Powell coming up. better talk to Hubbolas about verizon
YOU are MY new best friend!!!
Wow, Lake Powell and Hot Boat, what more could I ask for.......:D
They can do wonders with the skegs, you get it fixed you'll never know it was even bent
uh, the skeg is kinda gone, the bottom is just torn off and each blade on the prop must have been "talking bad to Matt", because they are all messed up.....:(
How do they fix the skeg? I know we can buy a new prop, but the skeg?
And we have scrapes in our gel coat....:(
:( :( :( :( :(

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 06:55 PM
YOU are MY new best friend!!!
Wow, Lake Powell and Hot Boat, what more could I ask for.......:D
uh, the skeg is kinda gone, the bottom is just torn off and each blade on the prop must have been "talking bad to Matt", because they are all messed up.....:(
How do they fix the skeg? I know we can buy a new prop, but the skeg?
And we have scrapes in our gel coat....:(
:( :( :( :( :(
A repair shop can weld a new piece on, shape it up and repaint it. You need to have the propshaft checked if you hit that hard... it may have bent. Sounds like a case for the ol insurance... cuz it can get spendy pretty quickly.

Kachina26
07-03-2004, 06:56 PM
What the heck have you done to your baby???? I want to see pics:eek:

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
What the heck have you done to your baby???? I want to see pics:eek:
No, No you don't..... it's gotta be too much to see...

Scream
07-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Ok, here's some pics o the damage. I'm gonna cry again. This left me speachless...
Skeg, or what used to be a skeg -- I think I'm missin 4 to 6 inches...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01450-med.JPG
And the Prop that's gonna need a long recovery
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01452-med.JPG
:frown: :frown: :frown:
Who planted those big ass rocks in Needles anyway:mad: :mad: :mad:

Kachina26
07-03-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm just a sick freak that way. Where did you guys do it? Did you try going to Laughlin or something silly like that?

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Who planted those big ass rocks in Needles anyway:mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry :o I didn't know they'd grow that big..........:(

Kachina26
07-03-2004, 07:14 PM
You and me aren't allowed past the bridge dude. You shoulda been riding in Ahhell's boat. Have you considered trading that badboy in for a jet? Sorry to hear and see that.

Scream
07-03-2004, 07:15 PM
We were going North through Needles. Just got past the houses and were looking forward to heading up to the Avi, we're staying there in August during CBBB, when WHAM CLANK CLANK CLANK.
my stomach went numb and queesy all at the same time...
I'm cancelling my Avi reservations.

Debbolas
07-03-2004, 07:15 PM
No, my fault, I thought we would try to go up to AVI (because we WERE going there in August) and some people said that it might be too shallow, so we are zooming along...........water looks a little shallow, no sand bars, no weird waves in the water to indicate rocks, we have NOT been drinking and then BAM!!!
The rocks ate our prop and skag....do you really think it might have hurt our drive shaft, (I have heard that about steel props)
:( :frown: :confused:
I just really sad all over agian....:frown: :confused: :frown: :eek!:

Debbolas
07-03-2004, 07:16 PM
You and me aren't allowed past the bridge dude. You shoulda been riding in Ahhell's boat. Have you considered trading that badboy in for a jet? Sorry to hear and see that.
We have been past the bridge before in our little 19ft Sea Ray................does that not count?!?:( :confused: :frown: :eek!: :confused:

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 07:22 PM
No, my fault, I thought we would try to go up to AVI (because we WERE going there in August) and some people said that it might be too shallow, so we are zooming along...........water looks a little shallow, no sand bars, no weird waves in the water to indicate rocks, we have NOT been drinking and then BAM!!!
The rocks ate our prop and skag....do you really think it might have hurt our drive shaft, (I have heard that about steel props)
:( :frown: :confused:
I just really sad all over agian....:frown: :confused: :frown: :eek!:
I'm sorry that happened to you guys. Yes it is VERY possible looking at the pics that your propshaft could be bent.
Rivers can be tricky places. That's where I hit both props on my Eliminator when I had that boat... on the Sacramento River.
The deeper V hulls draw more water and you have more exposure to underwater hazards.
I think you should talk to your insurance company, maybe after having it looked at. That repair could be 500 to 1K between the prop and skeg repair assuming there is nothing mechanically damaged in your drive. If it is damaged... it could cost several thousand.

Kachina26
07-03-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't know, I have driven over that bridge and saw rocks down below much too close to the middle for my comfort. The freeboard challenged guys want a place of their own, they can have that. You want me to make you some reservations down at my timeshare for ya?

Debbolas
07-03-2004, 07:27 PM
I don't know, I have driven over that bridge and saw rocks down below much too close to the middle for my comfort. The freeboard challenged guys want a place of their own, they can have that. You want me to make you some reservations down at my timeshare for ya?
Yes please!
:D I'm sorry that happened to you guys. Yes it is VERY possible looking at the pics that your propshaft could be bent.
We were thinking about $1,000 to fix it, does my boat insurance cover that? I know car insurance does not cover engines....Wonder what my deductable is....we only have 3 weeks before our Lake Powell Trip...:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Yes please!
We were thinking about $1,000 to fix it, does my boat insurance cover that? I know car insurance does not cover engines....Wonder what my deductable is....we only have 3 weeks before our Lake Powell Trip...:rolleyes:
Most policies have provisions for damage caused by striking underwater objects... rocks, logs, wing dams, piling, whatever. I have a friend that struck a wing dam and did 4300 damage to his outdrive. Insurance paid all but the deductable...

Scream
07-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Yes please!
Actually 2 weeks. And I think $1000 would be a conservative estimate for the least of the issues, being the prop and skeg repair...
$1000 bucks buys a lot o beer.

Kachina26
07-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Yes please!
PM me on the timeshare, I'll get you taken care of.
Car insurance covers your engine if you were to hit some debris in the road and it took something out like your oilpan. We do it all the time at my work.

Debbolas
07-03-2004, 07:33 PM
thank you;)

OGShocker
07-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Y'all might wanna put a pump on the back of yur boat.;)

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Y'all might wanna put a pump on the back of yur boat.;)
for "auxiliary" power????????

HCS
07-03-2004, 10:52 PM
You cut the skag off and file it down.:rolleyes: :eek:

Kachina26
07-05-2004, 05:11 PM
I munched the prop bigtime and whacked off the bottom of the skeg about 8 inches or so...
I just went out and measured my still intact skeg, it's only 6 inches to start with.
.....DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND MY HUSBAND HAS BEN CUT BY THE PROP....THE CUT IS LIKE TEN INCHES LONG AND HE NEEDS TO BE SEEN!!!!!!!!!
Later you mentioned the cut was only 4 inches.
Have you been fibbing to the misses about how big an inch really is???????????????

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Later you mentioned the cut was only 4 inches.
Have you been fibbing to the misses about how big an inch really is???????????????
The Doc and Scream had a good laugh over my "view" of inches......LOL:D

Floored
07-05-2004, 05:52 PM
now that i have quit going over the road as a driver and will be in town working i'm willing to show you some of the ins and out of the upper river from needles to avi. in my boat even, much cheaper. i've seen some dernrd big boats going up and down in low water with no probs and towed some with problems. there arre some shallow rocky spots and sand bars that suprise you along here.:eek!:

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 06:15 PM
The Doc and Scream had a good laugh over my "view" of inches......LOL:D
LOL..... oops there I go again!:D

Debbolas
07-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Floored
now that i have quit going over the road as a driver and will be in town working i'm willing to show you some of the ins and out of the upper river from needles to avi. in my boat even, much cheaper. i've seen some dernrd big boats going up and down in low water with no probs and towed some with problems. there arre some shallow rocky spots and sand bars that suprise you along here.:eek!:
Don't think we will be taking our "baby" up there again........:(
Maybe when Matt buys his little flattie;)