PDA

View Full Version : Boat Wash Question

cc322
06-27-2004, 05:41 PM
What do most of you do after you take the boat out of the water for cleaning, and what do you use. I usualy wipe the boat down inside and out, I use natuical reflections on the outside to take away the water spots. Do you wash your boat with soap and water before you store it after a weekend of use or just give it a good wipe down with a good cleaner??????

jbtrailerjim
06-27-2004, 05:53 PM
I wash my boat after a weekend of use with soap and water. Not dish soap though. Dish soap takes the wax off. Right now I'm useing Orange Boat Soap that I picked up from West Marine. Work's pretty good.

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 06:01 PM
I bought some of that Nautical Reflections, and I really didn't think too much of it. It didn't seem to do much for my boat at all. I usually just back it in the driveway and wash it when I am done, I don't even wipe it down at the ramp... cuz its only 2 miles to home from there.
Oh yeah, I use a car wash/wax like Meguiars Gold to wash the boat.

Nubbs
06-27-2004, 07:19 PM
I always wiped my boat and trailer down with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar right after pulling it out of the water. When I got home I washed it with water, no soap.

Dr. Eagle
06-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Nubbs
I always wiped my boat and trailer down with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar right after pulling it out of the water. When I got home I washed it with water, no soap.
Good idea when you boat in the Colorado river, unnecessary most other places. The water in Folsom Lake doesn't have the mineral content (no where near) that the Colorado does. I just rinse and wipe when I get home... no spots.