PDA

View Full Version : Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skullinator
06-28-2004, 04:02 PM
When you launch your boat and someone is driving your truck to park it. Take you and your boat and go out past the bouys and wait for them there. Not right in front of all the docks blocking traffic and access for those of us who need to pick someone up that is ready to go.
Also i don't know if anybody told you put your stuff in the boat prior to backing it down the ramp.
Thank you in advance

dimarcobros
06-28-2004, 04:04 PM
absolutely!!!!!
DMB

HCS
Originally posted by Skullinator
When you launch your boat and someone is driving your truck to park it. Take you and your boat and go out past the bouys and wait for them there. Not right in front of all the docks blocking traffic and access for those of us who need to pick someone up that is ready to go.
Also i don't know if anybody told you put your stuff in the boat prior to backing it down the ramp.
Thank you in advance
That's 2 of my biggest ramp bitches.
One time I even took some ramp bitches boating.:rolleyes: :D

Tom Brown
I remember one time, I went to use the launch ramp and someone else was using it. It's great to live in the middle of nowhere. :)

Bre
Bad weekend?:eek:

LHC Kirby
I think you are preaching to the choir!
but good advice:D

Just Tool'n
06-28-2004, 04:09 PM
I really hate the DBO's ( Ditch Bank Okies) who pull up in there 18Ft Bayliners with 12 people on board & sit there and wait.
It make it difficult for everyone else who has proper boat ettiquite to load or unload while the DBO's take there sweet ass time!:yuk:

Skullinator
06-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Actully had a great weekend but one other thing that bothers me while were on the subject and i'm venting.
Why do people still right Checks @ the store instaed of a cash card.

mirvin
06-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Actully had a great weekend but one other thing that bothers me while were on the subject and i'm venting.
Why do people still right Checks @ the store instaed of a cash card.
I think that's called "floatin' the groceries";)
mirvin

Roxysnow
06-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Thank you in advance
You are so f&*cking RIGHT! It's irrating trying to manuever through the maze of boats waiting to pick up people or those waiting for the trailer. Wait until you see your boat trailer backing up then make the approach or wait until they get to the dock!

Kilrtoy
06-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Amen brother,
By sitting and blocking the dock you only make your and everyone else wait longer

mirvin
06-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Don't be a dock blocker;)
mirvin

Kilrtoy
06-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Don't be a dock blocker
That is worse than a C*** Blocker

jbtrailerjim
06-28-2004, 04:27 PM
No shit!! I feel the same way as you and I always drive out past the bouys and get out of the way.

PlyaPlya22
06-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Don't be a dock blocker
That is worse than a C*** Blocker
Are you still here?? That's pretty damn bad!!! Nothing is worse than getting keyed on the "CB"

summerlove
06-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Thank you in advance
Lighten up man!
I like to load the boat, ice chest, kids, food, towels and 4 dogs from the launch ramp. It goes faster that way. Then, when I launch the boat, I leave the car parked on the ramp and head over to the courtesy dock and then ties the boat up - being very certain to get all the buouys out as well as three dock lines. Then, I walk over to the bathroom and take a leak before heading back to the truck and trailer on the ramp. Then I move the truck/trailer to the parking area, being certain to get a space way up front - I usually park in front (perpindicular) to about 8 or 9 cars. Then, when I walk back to the dock, I make sure my lines were not moved for their cleats 20' infront of and 20' behind my boat. Once all lines are off the dock, we make certain that everything is put away and then we just like to float there and watch everyone be in such a hurry as we make sandwichs and let the kids swim and dive form the boat and the fuel dock. Sometimes some big jerk named Jeff comes out and yells at us, but I tell him he's not the boss of me and that he doesn't own the lake. I tell him that as a tax payer I own it just as much as he does. He just yells louder and makes a fool of himself. We all laugh at him and call him a penis head, or somethinbg like that.
The we head out and tie up a beach and put all of our beach chairs and towels so no other boats can tie up. The policeman doesn't like it because he says we're in his spot, so we tell him he doesn't own the lake! That one cost me $125, but I didn't have the money so I spent the next day cleaning the beach in the channel. That's where I found the body. I recognized the shirt and shorts as the guy that beat up those girls we ignored at the sandbar a few days earlier. they were real mean to them girls, but they were real big - the real mean one looked like the Hulk!
After Jeff yelled at us and we spent the day on the beach, we went back to take the boat out of the water and I tied the boat up at the gas dock and went to get the car. Jeff saw me coming and I ran like hell! Man, was that funny! When I backed the trailer into the waterand put it into park, I went back to the gas dock for my boat - OOPS -- There was Mr. Jeff waiting for me. I ducked into the store and bought a new shirt that said I work for beer - but it was a little too small. They sure don't make those XXXXLs like the used to! Anyways, Jeff ran off yelling at some dude in a big fast looking boat that was making alot of noise - I think it was a bayliner! Man, was he upset at that old guy. He swore him up and down. I'm certian Father McCulhey had never heard language like that before! ANyway, I hopped back into the boat and put it on the trailer, emptied the trash, dumped the ice from the new styrofoam chest - (aren't those the best!) and changed the twins diapers. People were yelling at me to move, so I just moved a little slower to piss htem off! Istill chuckle about that. Well, when I got to the washdown area, Jeff was there waiting for me. He asked me to never come back - I showed him my 3 day pass and said I'd see him tomorrow! Then, my family and I, all 14 of us, went to our beautiful Lake Havasu house. When I got home, the policeman left a ticket on it saying the registration had expired and the brake lights no longer work! I told him, hey Mr. Police man, that house is a classic - I grew up in it and it's worth many hundreds of dollars and that he could take that ticket and shove it up his.......he didn't like that very much. he said I could make one phone call. I called Jeff at the marina and told him I wouldn't need the pass and asked for a refund.

Kilrtoy
06-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Are you still here
Dont you have some boxes to pack or something, i'm calling your boss.
OH SMACK, you are the boss

Kilrtoy
06-28-2004, 04:38 PM
SL,
That was some funny shit

PlyaPlya22
06-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Are you still here
Dont you have some boxes to pack or something, i'm calling your boss.
OH SMACK, you are the boss
I just woke up form a long winters nap! I'm outta here early tonight. Shut down second shift early!! Quick, hide the Jack here he comes!!

MagicMtnDan
06-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
Lighten up man!
I like to load the boat, ice chest, kids, food, towels and 4 dogs from the launch ramp. It goes faster that way. Then, when I launch the boat, I leave the car parked on the ramp and head over to the courtesy dock and then ties the boat up - being very certain to get all the buouys out as well as three dock lines...so we tell him he doesn't own the lake!...
People were yelling at me to move, so I just moved a little slower to piss htem off! Istill chuckle about that.
That is head and shoulders the best post you've made (and one of the first that's not leaning to the left :D ). Well done SL!

Kachina26
06-28-2004, 05:22 PM
It's not always the bayliners, I was witness to an F-29 blocking all 6 docks at
Windsor one day while waiting for his truck and trailer. I was shocked, I kinda hoped people like this would have better sense. I guess just like anything else idiot come in all tax brackets:(

phebus
06-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Summerlove, your post is like one of those movies that everytime you watch it you see something new. I've read it about six times now, and the different threads that weave through it are killing me. Very nice, now get a life. :D

summerlove
06-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
That is head and shoulders the best post you've made (and one of the first that's not leaning to the left :D ). Well done SL!
See, not all my threads lean left! I mean, in this instance, the main character of the story is a guy who voted for Bush! He even has a gun rack in the back of his truck!;)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Also......
If it's late.......
Please turn your headlights off and leave your parking lights on while your trailer is in the water so the rest of us can see where the hell were going while we're backing down !!!!!!!
My .02 cents.......
CJG
:cool: