PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid is re-opening

Rev. Williams
06-29-2004, 03:02 PM
I just got off the phone with lake management and they're re-opening this Friday :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
06-29-2004, 03:14 PM
What is the price.....
hopefully not the same as CASTRATE

Blown_Rob
06-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Sweet

Rev. Williams
06-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
What is the price.....
hopefully not the same as CASTRATE
I hope it's even more!!! That way the cheap low lifes won't come out just to sit around on the docks and clutter up the place.....

BIGAMIST
06-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Rev. Williams
I hope it's even more!!! That way the cheap low lifes won't come out just to sit around on the docks and clutter up the place.....
Rev.........can I get a F'n amen out of ya?:D :D

LASERRAY
06-29-2004, 03:34 PM
The Pyramid Posse rides again.;)

Moe_Havi
06-29-2004, 04:08 PM
There was something in the Times today about it but I think it said not yet for boat launching. You might want to look into it further.
Moe

SoCal_fun
06-29-2004, 08:21 PM
I'm gonna head out there Tuesday and check it out! I've been waiting and waiting.. I like hittin it during the week and just chillin.
:cool: :cool:

Dr. Eagle
06-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
The Pyramid Posse rides again.;)
Bring a wheelbarrow full of pennies...:D

LASERRAY
06-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Bring a wheelbarrow full of pennies...:D I have no reply for that.............................................. .:confused:

SoCal_fun
06-29-2004, 08:31 PM
From the times, here is how it reads as to the re-opening:
" What's clear is that Pyramid Lake needs a new pharaoh. The gates have been padlocked since late January, and the pooh-bahs of the Angeles National Forest are looking for a concessionaire to take over this 1,300-acre reservoir, sell bait and snacks and keep an eye on the swimmers, campers, fishers, boaters and water-skiers. In the meantime, they plan to open Friday for "extremely limited" boating and fishing"
further on in the article....
"Meanwhile, the gates have been padlocked for five months. To reopen the lake's Emigrant Landing area to picnickers and boaters on Friday, the feds have ordered repairs and hired temporary workers. But the swimming beach will remain closed. So will the Los Alamos campground and the Vaquero day-use area parking lot and boat ramp. (Access fees, however, will go unchanged: $7 for cars, $14 to $21 for RVs and other vehicles with trailers, $3 for bicycles and motorcycles.)
Forest Service officials say they've set a July 25 deadline for bids from would-be concessionaires, and hope to restore the whole operation by November.".

Dr. Eagle
06-29-2004, 08:31 PM
I have no reply for that.............................................. .:confused:
LOL...... the fee........ the fee.....

LASERRAY
06-29-2004, 08:33 PM
LOL...... the fee........ the fee..... That would be Castaic I believe my fine Sir.....................................;)

Dr. Eagle
06-29-2004, 08:35 PM
That would be Castaic I believe my fine Sir.....................................;)
Perhaps I am mistaken my friend. I thought that they were raising the fee significantly at Pyramid too...:p :D

LASERRAY
06-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Perhaps I am mistaken my friend. I thought that they were raising the fee significantly at Pyramid too...:p :D Of this I have heard not.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
06-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Of this I have heard not.:cool:
Say I aha...;)

CrazyHippy
06-29-2004, 09:21 PM
So who wants to go into the lake running buisness??
Think of the perks...
BJH

plaster dave
06-29-2004, 09:43 PM
yea i was at lake mystac on sunday and was talking with a life guard that said the guy that ran it didnt pay the gov. their money so they closed it but havnt let anyone make an offer to get a buisness in their so we as boats, pay taxes but cant go to that lake what b.s. but he said it will be open for the fourth. again thats from his mouth so lets hope.:D

MagicMtnDan
06-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
So who wants to go into the lake running buisness??
Think of the perks...
BJH
That's what I was thinking - great idea! We could limit entry to boats only - no lake lice! And HB Forum members would know the secret password to get in free :D :cool:

JustMVG
06-29-2004, 10:32 PM
With all of the home business owners here , someone close to Pyramid could make a bid to at least run the parking and concessions, hell a few cases of costco/sams club hot dogs and drinks don't cost much, hell if enough of us got together we could save the damn lake and make a buck or two.
It's the bloody buereaucracy that will kill any chance for a decent business to survive out there

HOOTER SLED-
06-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Who has their info ###? I wanna go there Friday. I wonder what limited boating means?????

syke-o
06-30-2004, 09:56 AM
i have been to castaic but not to pyramid... is pyramid a better all around lake?? is it bigger? is there less enforcement of speed limits??

HOOTER SLED-
06-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by syke-o
i have been to castaic but not to pyramid... is pyramid a better all around lake?? is it bigger? is there less enforcement of speed limits??
Less enforcement all around. It seems a little smaller, probably because its shaped differently. Castaic has alot more fingers. Pyramid is more round. More beaches at Pyramid, but you usually share them though. Oh yeah, lake lice share the water w/ you too. In my opinion if you're freeboard challenged, Pyramid is less punishing. Just get there before 8AM when they get back up and running again. If you get there early enough, you can get a good spot at their mini-sandbar there. I don't wanna give away the Posse's secrets though. :D

HalletDave
06-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by HOOTER SLED-
. I don't wanna give away the Posse's secrets though. :D
That is very considerate of you Hooter & very much appreciated by all.;) :D

Dr. Eagle
06-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by HalletDave
That is very considerate of you Hooter & very much appreciated by all.;) :D
I'm ready to make a Posse run... can I be a honorary member?

MagicMtnDan
06-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by HOOTER SLED-
Less enforcement all around. It seems a little smaller, probably because its shaped differently. Castaic has alot more fingers. Pyramid is more round. More beaches at Pyramid, but you usually share them though. Oh yeah, lake lice share the water w/ you too. In my opinion if you're freeboard challenged, Pyramid is less punishing. Just get there before 8AM when they get back up and running again. If you get there early enough, you can get a good spot at their mini-sandbar there. I don't wanna give away the Posse's secrets though. :D
HOOTER - how the hell are you?!

syke-o
06-30-2004, 10:38 AM
thanks for the info.... maybe i can be part of that secret society one day..:cool:

HalletDave
06-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by syke-o
thanks for the info.... maybe i can be part of that secret society one day..:cool:
Maybe.;) :D