PDA

View Full Version : Enough Political BS....

summerlove
06-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Let's all go boating......
So, let us know what your plans are for the 4th of July Weekend and the days that follow.
I'll begin:
Having another softball touney with the kids this weekend, but plan to be in Havasu by the time fireworks are sent into the sky at 9:00! We will then spend 3 days on the water, with a possible trip down to Parker on Tuesday. Never been there before.
On Thursday (My 45th B-day!), we head to Page and Lake Powell where we will spend a week on a 75' houseboat with a bunch of friends. The week will consist of exploring, drinking, wakeboarding, drinking, eating, drinking, skiing, drinking and proably we'll get a little drinking in while we're out there, but not too much!;) :D
After that, we'll head back to Havasu for the weekend and a couple more days on the water then back home on the 18th!
Can't wait. But you know what really sucks, it'll be over before we know it....:frown:
How 'bout you guys and dolls....

mirvin
06-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Uh, you have a boat?;) Maybe I should get one too. It might be cool to have something to talk about.
Staying close to home this weekend.
Have fun!!
mirvin:D

HCS
06-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Agree.
I'm taking it easy. Boating on the river, BBQ, beer and fireworks.
Oh ya, I have to put my new bunks on the trailer when I go boating.
Should take about a six pack to do that.

Dr. Eagle
06-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Agree.
Naw, I was just getting warmed up.................:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'll be happy to be going home for the weekend and taking the boat along. See you at the River hardcore!

Lake Pirate
06-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Friday I'm going to a public reading of Mein Kampf. Then I'm doing a late night sit in at our local nuclear power plant.
Saturday we have the gay rights parade followed by a tree sitting at Washita State Park.
Sunday we are symbolically burning books in lieu of celebrating a holiday that perpetuates big brother. Later that night the rest of the young communists are camping out with us to illustrate the suffering of the poor.
Just kidding! :D
I have to work all weekend. No boating for me. :(

summerlove
06-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Friday I'm going to a public reading of Mein Kampf. Then I'm doing a late night sit in at our local nuclear power plant.
Saturday we have the gay rights parade followed by a tree sitting at Washita State Park.
Sunday we are symbolically burning books in lieu of celebrating a holiday that perpetuates big brother. Later that night the rest of the young communists are camping out with us to illustrate the suffering of the poor.
Are you working or running the business?
BTW, re: the other part - LOL....

mirvin
06-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Lake Pirate, WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN??:D
mirvin;)

LaveyJet
06-30-2004, 11:13 AM
So you're a queer tree hugging Nazi ?

Lake Pirate
06-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Summerlove ~ trying to collect evidence for your bet? LMAO :D
I ain't right Mirvin. I think it's the tumor? I'm somewhere between Rainman and John Travolta's "phenomenon."

06-30-2004, 11:15 AM
I have to work all weekend. No boating for me. :( WHAT???? No anti war demonstrations?????? And on the 4th of July no less?:eek:

HCS
06-30-2004, 11:17 AM
The big gay parade was in San Francisco. You missed out, it's all
ready over.

NorCal Gameshow
06-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Enough Political BS....
Nice.....
those threads seem to get the most run though...
and there's a newbie that'll be lost without them:D
i'm gonna do some salmon fishin' sat. (if i don't stay up too late fri. nite ;) )
beer and b.b.q. on sunday
jobbie job on mon.:(
enjoy your B-day summerlove...it looks like you will :smilespi: :smilespi: :)

Lake Pirate
06-30-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm no newbie...I'm a senior member! :D

chub
06-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Working on Sat.
BBQ and fireworks off the Pier on Sunday.
Working for Holliday pay on Monday. Doubletime and a half. :p

Dr. Eagle
06-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Well I plan to throw some rocks at the peace demonstrators, give some homeless people some bogus bills, then get in the hummer, mow down some desert tortoises, maybe an endangered snail or two, lanuch the boat and see if I can run over some coho salmon and/or the endangered Snail Darter... chain saw down a forest and install a few oil wells on the back forty while I am at it...
Then a BBQ

mirvin
06-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Who will you be throwing the bbq at?
mirvin;)

Dr. Eagle
06-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Who will you be throwing the bbq at?
mirvin;)
Out front of PETA/s Headquarters......;)
On the Menu:
Veal....:cool:

HCS
06-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Well I plan to throw some rocks at the peace demonstraters, give some homeless people some bogus bills, then get in the hummer, mow down some desert tortoises, maybe an endangered snail or two, lanuch the boat and see if I can run over some coho salmon and/or the endangered Snail Darter... chain saw down a forest and install a few oil wells on the back forty while I am at it...
Then a BBQ
Don't forget to burn the frogs in Davis with sparklers.

beached 1
06-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
Let's all go boating......
So, let us know what your plans are for the 4th of July Weekend and the days that follow.
I'll begin:
Having another softball touney with the kids this weekend, but plan to be in Havasu by the time fireworks are sent into the sky at 9:00! We will then spend 3 days on the water, with a possible trip down to Parker on Tuesday. Never been there before.
On Thursday (My 45th B-day!), we head to Page and Lake Powell where we will spend a week on a 75' houseboat with a bunch of friends. The week will consist of exploring, drinking, wakeboarding, drinking, eating, drinking, skiing, drinking and proably we'll get a little drinking in while we're out there, but not too much!;) :D
After that, we'll head back to Havasu for the weekend and a couple more days on the water then back home on the 18th!
Can't wait. But you know what really sucks, it'll be over before we know it....:frown:
How 'bout you guys and dolls....
Amen to that!
:)

Dr. Eagle
06-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Don't forget to burn the frogs in Davis with sparklers.
Thanks for reminding me.......:D

beached 1
06-30-2004, 12:27 PM
My daughters 2nd b-day on Sat.
then spending the 4th with my new sister and birthfamily for the 1st time. (adopted)
River next weekend. After the 4th.

Dr. Eagle
06-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm no newbie...I'm a senior member! :D
Having plenty of senior moments like the rest of us!;)

summerlove
06-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by beached 1
My daughters 2nd b-day on Sat.
then spending the 4th with my new sister and birthfamily for the 1st time. (adopted)
very, very cool...I hope all goes as you hope it will. Good luck:)