PDA

View Full Version : Need an architect and contractor in Sylmar area

MagicMtnDan
07-01-2004, 07:02 AM
We going to add a balcony on to the back of the house - need an architect and contractor. Balcony add-on work will include 2-4 French doors and more. Also looking for granite counters in kitchen and bathrooms.
Any recommendations as to who to use?

Spotondl
07-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Give BradP a call. 818 380-3195. He's here on the boards, and loves to talk boats. Tell his secretary you are a boat person and that you need some work done.
Spot

GASHGAZER
07-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Make sure you do your due diligence and get the building setback information, I've seen to many cool deck designs get shutdown because of the building setback. Just my .02 I'm a Land Surveyor... just looking out for ya! :)

Essex502
07-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
We going to add a balcony on to the back of the house - need an architect and contractor. Balcony add-on work will include 2-4 French doors and more. Also looking for granite counters in kitchen and bathrooms.
Nobody - save the dough and put it into the boat fund! How are you ever going to get that boat if you keep spending it on frivolous stuff like remodels! :D

MagicMtnDan
07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Essex502
Nobody - save the dough and put it into the boat fund! How are you ever going to get that boat if you keep spending it on frivolous stuff like remodels! :D
Good point (was waiting for someone to give me sheot about that). The boat is part of the home refinance plan :cool:

Essex502
07-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Good point (was waiting for someone to give me sheot about that). The boat is part of the home refinance plan :cool:
Better do it quickly as rates are going up!

al cole'holic
07-01-2004, 02:40 PM
...very good guy, Robert and RM Designs (architect) but he is in Simi. I have used him for alot of stuff :D (805) 526-3916

Schiada76
07-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah, what he said.
Robert is good guy and a great architect. If he's too busy for a deck I know a few guys that can bang out a design quick. You will neeed a permit but if you're on a flat lot LA city has a standard plan for something simple, at least they used to.