PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's fastrack to citizenship

Lake Pirate
07-01-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure I can agree with this one.
For those out of the loop... Kerry seeks reform for undocumented aliens to receive quick citizenship. What? We're talkin' 10-12 million citizenships. My experience with government paperwork indicates a lot of sleaze could slip through the cracks. I'm all for collecting tax money from their dollars and I think hispanic workers are about the hardest workers I've ever seen. But we're talking lot's more than just mexican immigrants here.

GlastronGuy
07-01-2004, 05:50 PM
OK. What have you been smoking? You disagree with that liberal, wacko?

Lake Pirate
07-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Ironically the same thing was part of GW Jr's platform in 2000. I didn't agree then either. Looks to me like Kerry's trying to pick up some votes by people that are disillusioned by GW not keeping his promise. I'm thinking of running myself. Both these guys are starting to alienate me.
A bit off topic but are you watching Hannity and Colmes about the "N" word?

GlastronGuy
07-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
A bit off topic but are you watching Hannity and Combs about the "N" word?
Nitrous?

Lake Pirate
07-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Just a heads up. It's pretty interesting. I think I'll let Bill Cosby run as my Veep. I like his style.

Wakker
07-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Either way it doesn't matter, citizenship or not they will still come and they do... might as well try to take some tax so that ALL the money isn't going back to Mexico. I'll tell you who I hate the shit out of, that Fox idiot that runs Mexico... telling us he wants open borders for his people...

Lake Pirate
07-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Lot's of mexicans are pretty positive influences. They have strong family ties and one hell of a work ethic. Of course there's exceptions to every rule. I worry more about radical Sandanistas, Cubans and Muzzies slipping through the cracks.

Wakker
07-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Lot's of mexicans are pretty positive influences. They have strong family ties and one hell of a work ethic. Of course there's exceptions to every rule. I worry more about radical Sandanistas, Cubans and Muzzies slipping through the cracks. Move to So-Cal and you will think differently..

Lake Pirate
07-01-2004, 08:35 PM
I guess it's all a matter of personal experience? My experience with So. Americans (Mainly Central actually) Cubans and Muzzies have been bad. My experiences (primarily) with Mexicans have been good. Blacks 70/30. Most Europeans I've met were not the best representatives either (mainly Czechoslavakians when it existed.)
Either way...I don't want to hand out citizenships like Halloween candy.

KACHINA KEN
07-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Nitrous?
no no no, the N word
NOOKIE!:p

CA Stu
07-01-2004, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure I can agree with this one.
For those out of the loop... Kerry seeks reform for undocumented aliens to receive quick citizenship. What? We're talkin' 10-12 million citizenships. My experience with government paperwork indicates a lot of sleaze could slip through the cracks. I'm all for collecting tax money from their dollars and I think hispanic workers are about the hardest workers I've ever seen. But we're talking lot's more than just mexican immigrants here.
Hey where have I heard this before?
I'll tell you! Ronald Reagan, 1987.
That's when I became a US citizen, thanks to the Gipper.
God rest his soul.
Thanks
CA Stu <-- Englishman by birth, American by choice!

sorry dog
07-02-2004, 03:20 AM
Lot's of mexicans are pretty positive influences. They have strong family ties and one hell of a work ethic.
I know about 10 Chinese girls that are the same way that I'd like to give a visa. They are very hard workers ;)
Unfortunately, I can only give 1 every 10 years or so