PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Car Toyz (LHC)

One Particular Harbor
07-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Just a quick note to say thank you to Frank at Car Toyz in Lake Havasu. He met me this morning at 6:00 a.m. to help solve a problem with my CD changer before the holiday weekend. Not only did he fix the problem with my changer, but also took the extra time to reconnect the wiring for my remote commanders to the back of the head unit.
I am not a regular customer. This was my first time to the shop. However, Car Toyz now has a regular customer and I will be giving my business to him when it is time to upgrade my speakers and amps. Outstanding customer service and a nice guy in general.
Thanks, again, Frank.

ROZ
07-02-2004, 12:43 PM
You make it sound as if Frank at CarToyZ is a forum member... ;)
If so, Frank tell us your board name :D I'm sure you can answer a lot of questions for the guys who need Havasu installs done :)
Sounds like OPH got some great service!

Mr. Naudio
07-03-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
You make it sound as if Frank at CarToyZ is a forum member... ;)
If so, Frank tell us your board name :D I'm sure you can answer a lot of questions for the guys who need Havasu installs done :)
Sounds like OPH got some great service!
Yes Frank and Mr Naudio are one and the same.
I will still try not to use the forums for sales.
Just like to make sure CarToyz rep is good.
And of course learn all I can from Roz :cool:

WHIPPED502
07-03-2004, 10:06 PM
I would also like to thank Car Toyz. I did buy my original system in my boat from them. That system was stolen and when it was replaced I ended up getting my new system in CA. due to time restraints. The batteries wre stolen also and with the new system I added a battery for a total of three. The batteries got wired wrong and could not be switched off and were being drained by the amps. Car Toyz took time out of their busy schedule and fixed it and got me back on the water with my stereo. When I went to pay Brent he would not take any money. When I insisted he still said no and just asked that I pass on the word to others. Next time I will make sure to make the time to get it done at Car Toyz. Thanks again Brent and the guys at Car Toyz
John

BoatFloating
07-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Frank AKA Mr Naudio, I might need your services to tune some JL amps them babies have a little more features then I'm used to:confused:

ROZ
07-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
Frank AKA Mr Naudio, I might need your services to tune some JL amps them babies have a little more features then I'm used to:confused:
READ THE DIRECTIONS, Rocky :D
Frank, Helping a board member out is how it starts.... Now everyone has a go-to guy in Havasu.

BoatFloating
07-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
READ THE DIRECTIONS, Rocky :D
What are directions??????? Detent this and infrasonic filter that just tell me to turn the whatacallit thinger till it sounds good. JL says use a volt meter to dial it in WHAT!!!! I don't have time for that damn crap. I read the directions and now I'm more confused. Now I know why I don't read directions.....

ROZ
07-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
What are directions??????? Detent this and infrasonic filter that just tell me to turn the whatacallit thinger till it sounds good. JL says use a volt meter to dial it in WHAT!!!! I don't have time for that damn crap. I read the directions and now I'm more confused. Now I know why I don't read directions.....
Each detent represents a certain frequency. THere's a detent chart in the manual.
Don't use a voltmeter and a test tone disc to find the clipping measurement of your headunit. You'll never notice the difference. Set the gain as you always have....
Infrasonic filter basically cuts off inaudible frequencies that would otherwise take up power from the amp :)

BoatFloating
07-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Each detent represents a certain frequency. THere's a detent chart in the manual.
Don't use a voltmeter and a test tone disc to find the clipping measurement of your headunit. You'll never notice the difference. Set the gain as you always have....
Infrasonic filter basically cuts off inaudible frequencies that would otherwise take up power from the amp :)
See what I mean.... I'm really confused. I'll do it the old fashion way. 95% throttle until it sounds like shit then increase it a little more:D