PDA

View Full Version : How would you spend $290 MILLION?

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2004, 03:56 AM
A single winning ticket was sold in Friday's record $290 million Mega Millions lottery drawing.
The ticket -- 10-25-38-39-50 and the Mega Ball 12 -- was bought in Massachusetts, said Georgia lottery spokesman J.B. Landroche. Other states that participate in the lottery are Georgia, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
The winner came after the jackpot had gotten so high that many people said they couldn't afford not to try.
High hopes
Quick-moving lines formed at convenience stores and gas stations hours before the 11-state drawing as players tried to get a piece of the nearly unimaginable prize.
"People who never play are playing now," said Karen Cooley as she waited in line to buy 10 Mega Millions tickets at a store in downtown Atlanta. "I believe I'm going to hit it. No one has won in Atlanta yet, and I think I'll be the first one."
The $290 million is the highest Mega Millions prize in the game's history, exceeding the previous high of $239 million in February.
The biggest single-ticket winner was a Powerball jackpot of $314.9 million awarded on Christmas Day 2002 to a West Virginia man. But Mega Millions' predecessor, the Big Game, had a multiway prize of $363 million in May 2000.
Despite 135 million-to-1 odds, a $1 ticket sometimes pays for itself by fueling the hopes of lottery risk-takers who dream of that kind of instant wealth, said Ed Story, who filled out a ticket form in Atlanta.

Mandelon
07-03-2004, 06:26 AM
First thing I would do is buy you a boat. :D :D

ratso
07-03-2004, 06:33 AM
I would build a gigantic party pad with about 20 bedrooms and move in nothing but strippers...

Mandelon
07-03-2004, 06:34 AM
Can we visit? :D

ratso
07-03-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Can we visit? :D
If I ever got that loaded...you could move in with one of them.:D

bigq
07-03-2004, 07:00 AM
start a real hot boat magazine;) . J/k HB
or
buy out Commander boats fire everyone and start building a top of the line boat.:D
and hire that JeffGuy to market and build custom canopies for everyone that purchases a new boat.
:D
or
buy RiverRatLife.com a new server and access.

lucky
07-05-2004, 09:07 AM
married / divorce - married / divorce / married / divorce / married / divorce -- are ya seeing a patteren ? if that didn't do it - i would fill the bpat up allllllllll the way !!!:D :D

Tom Brown
07-05-2004, 09:16 AM
I'd buy a chrome plated trailer hitch. :cool:

Tom Brown
07-05-2004, 10:31 AM
... and just to prove I'm not completely self-involved, I'd buy Debbolas a new keyboard and I'd buy Scream a set of full body chainmail.

mickeyfinn
07-05-2004, 12:12 PM
We were camped at the lake this weekend. Friday night before the drawing we were all sitting around spending the lottery money we were going to win. We agreed that both of us would immediately set fire to our campers (get the wife and kids out first) and push them down the hill to to lake. Drive to atlanta get a room, get faced and show up to claim our winnings Saturday morning. Then off to the bluebird factory to pick up a new bus camper then drive to California where they actually know how to build a nice boat and get one ordered for delivery ASAP. Might even have to waste a little to buy something to get by until it was done.....And then they drew the numbers.:o

spectras only
07-05-2004, 01:41 PM
wouldn't have time posting here anymore;) :p . GONE BOATING FOR EVER:D :D :D

Dan Lorenze
07-05-2004, 02:06 PM
I would stop buying my beer at costco... Vacation a lot and not worry so much about making money.. Help friends and family in need.. I would start a project boat using nothing but the best materials I could find and buy some property... Oh... and learn to relax a bit.

Kachina26
07-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
... and just to prove I'm not completely self-involved, I'd buy Debbolas a new keyboard and I'd buy Scream a set of full body chainmail.
I don't think Scream has to worry about that prop anymore. It now knows who is BOSS!