PDA

View Full Version : Another American Beheaded - This Time He's A Marine (of the Muslim faith)!

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2004, 12:56 PM
BAGHDAD, Iraq - An Iraqi militant group claimed on a Web site Saturday that it had beheaded a captive U.S. Marine, in what would be the fourth decapitation of a foreign hostage in the region since May.
The group, called the Ansar al-Sunna Army, posted a written statement on an Islamic web site claiming that it had killed Lebanese-born Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun.
It also said it had taken another hostage but did not give details.
“We would like to inform you that the Marine of Lebanese origin, Hassoun, has been slaughtered. You are going to see the video with your very eyes soon,” said the statement, signed in the name of the group’s leader, Abu Abdullah al-Hassan bin Mahmoud.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040703/040703_marine_hmed_12p.hmedium.jpg
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Art/COVER/040703/pic_cvr_marine_040703.tsm368x178.jpg

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2004, 12:58 PM
And there are reports that these sub-humans are trying hard to capture an American female soldier that they can behead in order to shock Americans even more.:mad:

ratso
07-03-2004, 01:51 PM
...we need to send Saddam's head to them in a box.:mad:

Bow Tie Omega
07-03-2004, 01:53 PM
You know, what I am about to say may be controversial, but I have a very strong opinion on this issue and would like voice it. I was in the Navy from 1991-1997, of that time, 4 years were spent training for this operation of the last year and a half with first the marines and then with SOC. What I did learn was that if any military operation moved in town , we were at a distinct disadvantage, especially if it turned into a peace time law enforcement type of campaign, which it has. We are playing by rules while the enemy knows of no rules or limits. We will not get a handle on this campaign as long as things keep going the way they are. We learned this from Somalia, it was a quiet, but very ugly lesson in how things would go once fighting began in town. In my opinion, we learned a very valuable lesson 60 some odd years ago, fighting against an enemy who also knew of no rules or boundaries.........The Empire of Japan. We ended that war because of a very powerful yet ugly weapon that we developed. I agree that this weapon is a horrible, awful thing, but the fact remains that we did develope it, as have others, and it does exist, many times over. We are considered a Super Power for a reason, these weapons are one of those reasons. One of the reasons our enemies feared us after was because of this weapon. Today we have many versions of this weapon, some more powerful, some less. I think that you all know what I am getting at. While there would be many ramifications for using this weapon/s , on both the National and International Levels, I believe the time has come. These terrorists are trying to take over the world, using barbaric tactics to do so. Once in a while you have to speak a language that everyone understands. They are doing this because they know we will not use "The Bomb". If we quit and walk away, we will inspire them, and if we keep going the way that we are, more and more people will die, American and Iraqi's who want freedom. Once in a while, when all else fails, the ashes of destruction can bring the sprouts of goodness and freedom, and in the process, remind these horrible people not to mess with us ever again. I know that I am going to hear some things for posting this, but this is what I believe. This is quickly turning into another Vietnam. I am not a war monger, I am a Peace Lover, like most of you, but once in a great while, war serves a peaceful purpose. While unfortunately thousands would die, the way things are going, thousands more will die if we stay with this plan, in my humble opinion

ratso
07-03-2004, 01:55 PM
AMEN!

angry dad
07-03-2004, 02:07 PM
i agree..........

Havasu_Dreamin
07-03-2004, 02:12 PM
I don't necessarily know if dropping the bomb is the best thing we can do. It certainly would diffuse the situation for a few months or years but in the end I can see it doing more harm for us than good. I don't profess to know enough about this stuff to make any type of educated guess. But I do know this, we have entered into a war where the enemy is not easily idenitfiable and as such we must proceed with swiftness while t same time being cautious. Is that a hard thing to do? Yes, I would hypothesize that it is.

Bow Tie Omega
07-03-2004, 02:40 PM
HD, while I agree that it is not the "best" thing to do, I do not believe there is any best thing to do. Obviously neither of us are privy to the information that our leaders have when making these difficult decisions. But when you are a country with weapons that could significantly alter the outcome of a war, I believe that you have to be ready to use a weapon such as this when the decision is made to go to war. War is supposed to be the last option, thermonuclear weapons are supposed to be the last option as well. In my opinion, our government underestimated its oponent. We have people dying every day, horrible, sickening kinds of death, and while some may say death is death, there are some ways of dying that are better then others. We need look no further then our own history books to see where this approach we have taken will get us. We can not back out now, as that sets a very dangerous precedent which the enemy will capitalize on. I believe that we need to put and please excuse the phrase "The Fear of God" into these extremist's. If there are any other options, that would put an end to this chaos, I would be all for it.
I do believe that there are some things this country could do to help the overall opinion that other Middle Eastern Countries have of us, like taking a more neutral role with Israel and Palestine, acting more as mediaries. I could spend all afternoon listing other examples of things which I believe would help with the majority of the Middle Easterners, but in the end the extremists are still bent on killing us and bringing us harm because we are a threat to their way of thinking and wanting things. These people are not negotiators. They are not willing to meet half way and in my opinion only know one language, the same language the Japanese Empire spoke 60 years ago.

Havasu Hangin'
07-03-2004, 02:46 PM
No troops. No one in harms way.
Glass parking lot.
Reagan would have done it.

Flyinbowtie
07-03-2004, 02:47 PM
BTO,
Usually stay out of this stuff, but...
I hear your concern, and think it is from the heart.
I don't know that a nuke would solve the problem, either.
A couple of things do need to happen.
Al-Jazeera needs to be taken off the air. Permanently. I am tired of their airwaves being the electronic propaganda machine for the terrorist movement.
Our SOC folks need to be turned loose. There needs to be a rapid and deep tremor sent through the terrorist underworld. Death is not something they fear, that is fine. A dead terrorist may become a hero for his minions, but he can't kill innocent people or our soldiers, either. I am not interested in the damn media reporting anything. I am not interested in how we kill. I don't want tight rules of engagement.
See and Identify a terrorist, kill a terrorist. And make him/her disappear. No bodies to weap over, no bullets to dig out, no funeral processions, nothing. Dead terrorist goes away. Nobody needs to know how or why.
The majority of people in this country today simply cannot fathom the depth of hatred these SOB's feel for us. Most folks here are so successful, so comfortable, and so self-absorbed that unless the terrorists hit and the damn TV goes off while some sit-com is on, they just don't care.
Look how many people seem to have forgotten the WTC.
When we get hit again, and we will, there will be people here that are surprised. That is downright scary.
We were in Japan for years after the bomb was dropped, and in Germany for years after V.E. day. If there is any hope of creating a moderate government in the mid-east, Iraq is the place it might happen. I think this effort is going to take many, many years.
If this has a chance to happen, we need to see it through. Not because we are the worlds policeman and not because we are simply nice guys.
We need to do it so maybe we won't have to send more of our kids over there later.
I take this very seriously. My oldest boy is active Army...
just my opinion....

Mandelon
07-03-2004, 02:57 PM
So the muslims have killed one who is of their own religion, a Lebanese born man serving in the US Military who also has a family living in Lebanon.
Is there outrage in Lebanon against the muslim extremists? :confused:

Bow Tie Omega
07-03-2004, 03:11 PM
This is what I like about these boards, good, constructive debate, w/o bashing. FlyinBowTie, If your son is over there, I hope he is safe and has his head on a swivel. Good points by the way. To be honest with you though, I do not believe there are enough people qualified to work under the SOC to get the job done the way you suggest. To do things right, we would be looked at as thugs in their eyes, although we would know better. I do not believe there is any clear cut way to handle these monsters. And while you had a very good point with the post war occupation, if things are done correctly the way you suggested, there would still need to be a significant occupation force after, lasting years. I guess there is no easy way out and no matter what option is used, ther will be many more lives lost and a large occupation there after.

NewAzCpl
07-03-2004, 03:20 PM
I have two sons one 23 and one 19 the hardest part about this is this situation where u have no clue who your enemy is.... I spent 11 years in the infantry.. I do not want to see my kids in this type of situation....... I hope they come up with somethign soon I do not know what the solution is but they need to real;ly put down the hammer on these animals and do somethign fast....
Its really hard to say anything I have many friends there now including civilian friends.... sometimes I feel like I shoul be there also :mad: anyone that has family or friends there now our prayers are with them all
Lin

Misogynist
07-03-2004, 05:31 PM
These Islamic extremists are going to interpret the Koran verbatim... that means anyone... ANYONE... that does not submit to Islam is an infidel and should have his throat cut from ear to ear... This is what is printed in the Koran.... Muslims that are living here in the US are keeping a low profile... but they are sure as hell sympathizers.... I think we should take the same stance that this country did during WW II.... they could be enemies of this country... give them the ability to leave... if not.. be imprisoned. Just like what we did to the Japs... They weren't born here... they came here to spit on our values and country. Expell the bastards. If f*cking Islam is so precious to them.. let them go to Mecca....
One of these days there is going to be a strike against the US that will make what happened on 9-11 look like child's play... Then... and only then will the liberal cry babies open their eyes and expell this scum from our midst.
The opinion in 1945 was... if the Japanese were fanatical and were willing to fight to the last man.. then we were going to wipe them off the face of the earth... THAT SIMPLE..... It will come to this same state with the Muslims... Just wait... those bastards are sure as hell planning something so devastating... that it will surely start WW III and they are certainly going to suffer .
I'd suggest that we pull out of the Middle east..and the gulf states.. and then embargo any goods or services to those bastards... Oil is their natural resource that they have learned to exploit to their advantage... Well... Fresh water and arable soil our OUR NATURAL RESOURSE. Let those f*ckers drink oil and eat sand for a while... see how quickly they come crying how "the great Satan" the United states is starving them... They are all a bunch of cry babies over there... They would have us all die horrible deaths ONLY because WE don't believe in Alluh and that Mohammed is his prophet.... There is no " live and let live" with them... They have a master plan to destroy anyone or anything that isn't Islam.... I say "take the preemptive strike"..

Blown 472
07-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Misogynist
These Islamic extremists are going to interpret the Koran verbatim... that means anyone... ANYONE... that does not submit to Islam is an infidel and should have his throat cut from ear to ear... This is what is printed in the Koran.... Muslims that are living here in the US are keeping a low profile... but they are sure as hell sympathizers.... I think we should take the same stance that this country did during WW II.... they could be enemies of this country... give them the ability to leave... if not.. be imprisoned. Just like what we did to the Japs... They weren't born here... they came here to spit on our values and country. Expell the bastards. If f*cking Islam is so precious to them.. let them go to Mecca....
You mean like when bush made sure the bin ladin family and some saudi nationals were flown out of the country on 9/11 when no other planes could fly?

angry dad
07-03-2004, 05:51 PM
^^^ theres your mike moore loving, bleed heart lib!!

Blown 472
07-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by angry dad
^^^ theres your mike moore loving, bleed heart lib!!
Dont flatter yourself by trying to label me. I am not dem or reb. not that stupid to fallow a bunch of people who do nothing but lie.

angry dad
07-03-2004, 06:05 PM
hmmm..... you must be smarter then the rest of us....here we have a thread on the KILLING of a MARINE and all you can add is bush bashing??? i think this thread is for us to let off steam!!! wrong thread!!!let us VENT!!!!EFF THE ..............

angry dad
07-03-2004, 06:14 PM
ohh.. and bye the way i was and am a marine 79-83 my son is finishing his classes to become a marine!!

Havasu_Dreamin
07-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Unfortunately there is no easy answer. And everyone is right, we can't just leave as it will set a very dangerous precedent and only solidify the resolve of these idiots. The thing that absolutely amazes me is how politics can even be brought into this conversation. Kerry will do no better of a job than Bush is doing with this situation.

Blown 472
07-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by angry dad
ohh.. and bye the way i was and am a marine 79-83 my son is finishing his classes to become a marine!!
I would like to thank you for serving your country and hope to god your son is safe in everything he does in the marines.

angry dad
07-03-2004, 07:14 PM
THANK YOU

Dr. Eagle
07-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
I am not dem or reb. not that stupid to fallow a bunch of people who do nothing but lie.
You know..... you have a point there. I think that DEFINES a politician... and I am pretty tired of it.