PDA

View Full Version : Who will win at Magny Cours?

Tom Brown
07-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Any Formula 1 fans in here?

JustMVG
07-03-2004, 11:20 PM
i didn't vote because asmuch an F1 fan as i am it's going to be the usual Schuey come from wherever to win BS .
Although i would like to see Villenueve get a win, i knew his Dad, great guy, wouldn't mind seeing ole Villy in an OWRS car at some point although he has said he'd rather stay in F1.
Take care Tom, you should check out the Speed tv message boards, lots of neat stuff going on over there. Mike VG

Tom Brown
07-03-2004, 11:24 PM
BS? Does that you mean you don't think Michael Shumacher has the best combination of car/driver/team? ... or you don't think racing ought to be a 'let the best man win' type of situation?
I think Michael and Ferrari deserve the success they are enjoying. If the other teams want to win, they need to step up their game. I'd hate to see F1 throw an anchor on Shuey's red car because it's too good.

JustMVG
07-03-2004, 11:38 PM
no i firmly believe that he's one of the best drivers ever, but i long for the good old days when companies didn't have to spend 400 to 500 million plus a year to stay on top, they have the BEST combo going bar none, even Bernie has tried "introducing" some rules changes that might help some of the fledgling teams, the were just introduced not taken seriously.
Too bad, Shuey is great, but and maybe you'll agree with me but i'd like to see more "racing" and passing, F1 is awesome to watch, but the IRL while being a totally different form of racing is getting to be pretty exciting, and the OWRS, well was a HUGE CART fan and hope this series can continue, but i am not seeing any chance for survival unless the Fued with TG can be settled, Penske stepped in last week or so and got the wheels turning towards a reunification of the two open wheel series, but we shall see.

PUMP 'HER'
07-04-2004, 01:19 AM
I think Alonso will get this one. He's on poll and if he can keep it on the road he has a good shot, Shuey can will 'em all can he? Plus its Renault and Michellin's home race. I think Michael is one of the best drivers ever, thats why Ferrari is on top of the game, he has helped them develop a great car. However when you spend ungodly amounts of money things better go fast right. This is an area F1 needs to get control of, the spending. 400-500 million dollars a year is out of control and is going to run the have nots out of the game. You can run an entire champ car season on about 5 million, come on over guys. But the world wide audience F1 attracts is impressive. Heard a stat last week that more people watch F1 in Germany alone than Americans watch a nascar race.
As for the irl/Champ Car deal sure irl has close races when you have underpowered cars running 200 tons of downforce your grandma could drive the cars, but I guess it makes a good show. However we had good shows before '95 when TG ruined N.A. open wheel. I think Penske started talking because he sees the wrighting on the wall for the irl, or perhaps Toyota asked him to step in. They aren't getting a return on their investment. For that matter nobody is, ratings down, irl attendance almost noexistant outside of the 500. Check out the Cleveland Champ Car race tomorrow that should satisfy you race action craving. Whew I'm long winded tonight.

JustMVG
07-04-2004, 03:46 AM
Pump her i agree totally with your post, and when you listen to some of the paddock BS thats running around in F! most of the money is spent on Aero and wind tunnel time, just to get .00001 lb of downforce for the front tire, look at some of the extra winglets and ducting they'll put on at the slower speed courses, they look ridiculous, a winglet her a new wing there, wonder if the drivers can even see anything with the rear views. Penske saw a chance to get the ball rolling, for Open wheel to get it's stuff to gether, that way i believe once that is done he can then go on to the bigger scheme of getting MERCEDES into NASCAR and yes he's going to do everything he can to get it done, why ? pure and simple penske is one of the biggest toyota and mercedes dealers in North America, we have "spec" templated cars now , can you honestly say that you can without knowing or seeing any paint scheme or #'s on the current crop of NASCAR cars, tell the difference. And if you can you gots way better eyes than i. The most exciting racing i have seen this year has been the bikes, look at Moto GP, Formula Extreme bettered the lap times of the superbikes @ Daytona this year, the racing is far nore exciting then even some of the IRL stuff i've seen so far this year, tires ready to just blister themselves into oblivion and these guys still going for it up to the last lap, Duhamel, is a master and a great hearted guy, the Shuey of two wheels, but you can at least approach this guy and he will talk to you till absolutely has to leave does it politely then will see you later and begin the conversation again, great guy.

MagicMtnDan
07-04-2004, 05:32 AM
It's hard to enjoy F1 racing anymore. There's almost no passing and there are three tiers of teams:
* Teams like Ferrari that spend more money than anyone else and have the best cars (technology) and best drivers.
* Other teams that have good cars and good-to-terrific drivers (but not as good as Schumacher)
* And then there are the rest of the teams.
Lead (and place) changes most often occur at the start of the race and when cars pit. Most of the drivers know how to stay in front of any car wanting to pass so there's very little passing.
F1 needs to be fixed but Bernie's too busy making truckloads of money to do anything about it. :frown:

572Daytona
07-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Actually I think Toyota is now spending more money than Ferrari, it takes more than just cash to win. Is it too late to vote Tom? I was going to go with Juan Manuel Fangio but I didn't see him in your list ;)

MagicMtnDan
07-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Michael Schumacher won...AGAIN. He's great but F1 is still boring.

JustMVG
07-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Wow Shuey won again. glad i slept in, Moto GP is on Speed now, you want to see some passing and excitement , check it out, and the OWRS/CART race was won by Bruno J., you know your right Toyota is spending a load of cash and poor Christiano Dimatta, talented as hell, but even he admitted this year that the chassis The Toy boys built for this year is crap, i,d love to Dimatta in some good equiptment to see what he could do, Cart and F1 are not the same at all, the only CART racer to show any promise has been has been Juan Montoya, but look at the team he's with, they have their stuff together whereas Toyota is still on the learning curve, i hope dimatta is given a few years more to help this team out , the've got the money so thats not really an issue, the team needs to gel and given the chance to grow.

Tom Brown
07-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 572Daytona
I was going to go with Juan Manuel Fangio but I didn't see him in your list ;)
I didn't think of him but I thought of adding Ascari. :D
I still really enjoy F1. :)

JustMVG
07-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Formula Extreme is on Speed right now you've got to check it out, camera angles anre some of the best i've seen for MC racing in a long time and these are 600's

manuel
07-04-2004, 01:10 PM
http://www.sniffpetrol.com/latenews0406_2.jpg
This is normal at sniffpetrol.com a British site with a strange sense of humor and swear words you don't hear everyday.
I'm a loser, I cheer for Jaguar, well not actually cheer but I wish they would DO something I could get excited about:(

PUMP 'HER'
07-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Fricken guy is incredible, an extra pit stop and still wins!

MagicMtnDan
07-05-2004, 06:01 AM
Of course one of the very best things about F1 races are the women. Some of the hottest women in the world go to F1 races...

manuel
07-05-2004, 06:59 AM
http://www.f1cartvideos.com/f1girl7.jpg
http://www.f1cartvideos.com/f1girl8.jpg
http://www.f1cartvideos.com/f1girl260_barcelona_2004.jpg
How come we don't have girls like these at NASCAR, NHRA, IDBA?

PUMP 'HER'
07-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Start spending half a billion a year and see what happens.