PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who has to work today?

dimarcobros
07-05-2004, 08:48 AM
What a waste of a day. it is going to be super slow and I have a gnarly hangover from a wicked weekend, man what a ride.
Anyone else feeling my pain today?
DMB

dexman38
07-05-2004, 08:55 AM
i am off today . a day off and no boat yet this is a bad thing.29 shockwave real soon .

Dr. Eagle
07-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Just getting ready to shove off to Folsom Lake...
So, sorry no I don't feel your pain...right now anyway. tomorrow... I have a 400 mile drive back to So Cal, I'll feel your pain then...

cc322
07-05-2004, 08:57 AM
Am I the only one who has to work today?
YES:yuk:

malibuken
07-05-2004, 08:58 AM
I feel your pain DMB, just the work pain, not the overhung pain. :(
I too am at work, as you can tell, not really working though. :)
There was nobody on the streets, there are only a few people here at work, the sun is shining, it is warm already. would be a nice day to take the motorcycle up to the mountains for some nice twisty action, or better yet, a nice day to be at the RIVER! :D
I am doing the Rockstar drink this morning though, they do help with the day after hang over.

dimarcobros
07-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by malibuken
I feel your pain DMB, just the work pain, not the overhung pain. :(
I too am at work, as you can tell, not really working though. :)
There was nobody on the streets, there are only a few people here at work, the sun is shining, it is warm already. would be a nice day to take the motorcycle up to the mountains for some nice twisty action, or better yet, a nice day to be at the RIVER! :D
I am doing the Rockstar drink this morning though, they do help with the day after hang over.
The only nice thing about work this morning was that there was no one on the freeways......wait....that's because NO ONE IS SUPPOSE TO BE WORKING TODAY. :mad:
What are you going do?
DMB

malibuken
07-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
The only nice thing about work this morning was that there was no one on the freeways......wait....that's because NO ONE IS SUPPOSE TO BE WORKING TODAY. :mad:
What are you going do?
DMB
My advice to you is "Start drinking heavily!" :D

boatnam2
07-05-2004, 09:09 AM
im feeling you pain brother.cant wait to go home.

CARGUY
07-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
What a waste of a day. it is going to be super slow and I have a gnarly hangover from a wicked weekend, man what a ride.
Anyone else feeling my pain today?
DMB
No hangover to share with you, but I am working. So far it has been pretty slow!!! I had to leave Havasu a day early for this???

WetWillie
07-05-2004, 09:28 AM
DMB,
Does your company observe the 4th as a holiday??
I am starting to wonder as I was told that if the holiday falls on the weekend it is a law to give that monday off??
I need to do a little investigating??
WW:confused:

dimarcobros
07-05-2004, 09:43 AM
I am not sure about suppose to be having to day off but I just found out we can go home at noon. WTF???? What a waste of a day and my time. Why did I even come in at all? i can't complain all that much, it is better than working all day. :rolleyes:
I think it is time to hit the minifridge in the back for some cocktails. Maybe that will shake this hangover. :D
DMB

Huckleberry
07-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I too am working on a Holiday. Sucks big time, and is boring as hell!

Sportin' Wood
07-05-2004, 09:47 AM
I am working......... at surfing the web!:D
The wifes boss called this morning and told her not to come in. She cried bullshit and told him since he made her work all weekend that she was coming in for that triple time even if she had to sweep the parking lot.

dimarcobros
07-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Forensic
I have to be at work too. This sucks.
Nothing is going on and everyone we deal with is closed.
And the Boss is in Havasu. Go figure.
Forensic
We are having that same problem as well. All our underwriters are off today so all the main stuff we need to get done we can't. So we are just cleaning off our desk with the stack papers that have been growing very tall. 45 minutes and I will be on my couch, can't wait.

phebus
07-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Work today, off to Powell tomorrow. :D

Craig
07-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Well, I'm not at work today, but I ain't havin' fun :( Still working on 14' high ceilings scraping all that "popcorn" accoustical crap off! I hate that stuff. What a pain and what a mess it makes in the house. EVERYTHING is dusty!

phebus
07-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by titties and beer
wet it down it will come off easyr:D
Get a Hudson sprayer, and dampen the entire ceiling. As long as it has never been painted, you will be able to slide your knife right through it and take it off in long passes. If you have plastic sheeting down, you should be able to bag it, and clean up will be a breeze.

Craig
07-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I'm using the bug sprayer deal. It really doesn't come off too hard. Have to still use a small sanding screen to get the risidual off so I have a smooth surface for what ever I decide to put in place of the popcorn. The walls are knockdown. I was going to put that back on the ceiling, but doing that upside down is a mess. I'm looking at this textured paint I saw at Lowes yesterday.
I'm smoothing this stuff down after the popcorn's gone. This parts only abot 10 feet high, so it's not too bad.
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/stuff/ceiling.jpg
However, when I get to this part the peek is about 20 feet up I figure, I'll need at least a 14 ' step ladder.
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/stuff/ceiling2.jpg
Bottom line, since I'm cheap and would rather do it myself instead of paying someone, I have to try and keep my dum bass from falling off the ladder :p
Anyone have any ceiling applications that worked well besides straight paint?
OK, sorry for the thread hijack :(

RiverLife
07-05-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm working today so I can take Friday off to go to the lake.
Dimarcobros - where do you work? Just curious if we use your company.

phebus
07-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Yeah, I'm using the bug sprayer deal. It really doesn't come off too hard. Have to still use a small sanding screen to get the risidual off so I have a smooth surface for what ever I decide to put in place of the popcorn.
Try smoothing with a wet sponge rather than sanding.

bchbum
07-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Home depot sells a scraper that you put a bag on . When I did my house I had almost no clean-up. The bags are small so you either dump it or change it often .You can put a pole on it to reach higher places .

NorCal Gameshow
07-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Yeah, I'm using the bug sprayer deal. It really doesn't come off too hard. Have to still use a small sanding screen to get the risidual off so I have a smooth surface for what ever I decide to put in place of the popcorn. The walls are knockdown. I was going to put that back on the ceiling, but doing that upside down is a mess. I'm looking at this textured paint I saw at Lowes yesterday.
I'm smoothing this stuff down after the popcorn's gone. This parts only abot 10 feet high, so it's not too bad.
however, when I get to this part the peek is about 20 feet up I figure, I'll need at least a 14 ' step ladder.
Bottom line, since I'm cheap and would rather do it myself instead of paying someone, I have to try and keep my dum bass from falling off the ladder :p
Anyone have any ceiling applications that worked well besides straight paint?
OK, sorry for the thread hijack :(
rent the scaffolding that has wheels..
i saw at the home depot they rent the sander vac combo for drywall...as well as the texture spray gun...you don't have to carry the f'n hopper...
have fun...be careful, when light hits the ceiling it shows the imperfections and it will drive you crazy...
some jobs you should contract out, this might be one of them ;)

Kachina26
07-05-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm one of those cheap do it yourself bastards. After 3 years I'm finally just about done re making the kitchen cabinets. I shoulda paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandelon
07-05-2004, 07:08 PM
You are going to have to putty coat that lid anyway so just do a nice hand trowel finish.