PDA

View Full Version : Box Anchor..Stolen

THATJEFFGUY
07-05-2004, 09:39 PM
OK, so where's the best place to get a Box Anchor ? Some poor jackass couldn't afford one and decided to just steal mine at Park Moabi over the weekend...some people are such losers ! Oh yeah they even took the damn fender and rope too ! I know, using a fender is probably a little "ghetto", but someone stole my other anchor buoy a couple months ago and I keep forgeting to get a new one...and it's better than a Clorox bottle !:D Wel, my next box anchor will have my name and CDL welded to it, maybe that will be a deterrent, or probably not !

Rexone
07-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Thieves suck. That shit pisses me off to no end and I hear it over and over.
Spam below Jeff, we have all that stuff.

Kachina26
07-05-2004, 09:44 PM
That is jacked up! Sorry to hear it. Best deal is at the boat show, yeah it's too long to wait. Maybe Scream will trade ya one for a new prop.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01452-med.JPG

Dr. Eagle
07-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
That is jacked up! Sorry to hear it. Best deal is at the boat show, yeah it's too long to wait. Maybe Scream will trade ya one for a new prop.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01452-med.JPG
Maybe you hit on something there K26! How about "The Prop Anchor", just tie a rope through the propshaft hole and drop her overboard... well it is ONE way to recycle all that stainless steel!

Scream
07-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Oh, you guys are soooooooo funny today....
LOL
bastards...
Makin fun of my misforutune, eh???? We'll I'll get back someday, I'll lie in wait and when the opportunity presents itself, WHAM! I'm all over it... j/k
Anchor thieves suck, back to the original topic, I hope the CDL welded on will help with that...

Dr. Eagle
07-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Scream
Oh, you guys are soooooooo funny today....
LOL
bastards...
Makin fun of my misforutune, eh???? We'll I'll get back someday, I'll lie in wait and when the opportunity presents itself, WHAM! I'm all over it... j/k
Anchor thieves suck, back to the original topic, I hope the CDL welded on will help with that...
Look out Scream's gonna throw a rock right in front of our boats....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thieves suck big time... I hope (but doubt) that it will ever re-surface (so to speak) even with the CDL # on it...

shadow
07-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Jeff check your pm.:)

HighRoller
07-06-2004, 08:10 AM
You know, I hate to say it but Scream really needs to think about buying a jetboat!!:eek: :D

Scream
07-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
You know, I hate to say it but Scream really needs to think about buying a jetboat!!:eek: :D
You too? Jezus H Kerist! I'm just haveing a run o bad luck right now, it's bound to change...sooner or later...
Dang!!!

Reaper1
07-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Sorry to hear this.:mad: My brother and I had one stolen last season at the Sandbar. Too bad hard working people spend a lot of money to get jacked by the poor unfortunate souls. If we could get rid of the thieves and the Sea Doos we would be in good shape.:D

Evo22
07-06-2004, 08:40 AM
hey jeff,
where u at in SoCal. the guy that makes the box anchor is in thousand oaks

Dr. Eagle
07-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Evo22
hey jeff,
where u at in SoCal. the guy that makes the box anchor is in thousand oaks
yes he is and you can contact him Here (www.slideanchor.com)

OGShocker
07-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Thieves suck. That shit pisses me off to no end and I hear it over and over.
Spam below Jeff, we have all that stuff.
Mike is the best spammer!:D
Sorry to hear that Jeff. FOCKING thieves!:mad: :mad:

King on the River
07-06-2004, 10:07 AM
I saw who stole it!!!! It was a 23-25' Cobra with blue flames. And had the name "My Little Friend " on the back.
Lets get em!!!! :D :D :D

BROS&HOS
07-06-2004, 10:55 AM
They should make the box anchors close like a bear trap when their owner doesn't pick them up. It would be funny to watch some j#ck@ss running around with a box around his ankle.

Debbolas
07-06-2004, 11:07 AM
We have a small box anchor I won at OP6:D
(p.s. we LOVE our prop cover, our neighbors wife fell on the prop getting out of the boat, and if we didn't have the cover on, she would have had an episiodemy):rolleyes:

dmontzsta
07-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
We have a small box anchor I won at OP6:D
(p.s. we LOVE our prop cover, our neighbors wife fell on the prop getting out of the boat, and if we didn't have the cover on, she would have had an episiodemy):rolleyes:
Dang, what is it with your boat and the prop, I have never heard of so many injuries in my life. :D

Tom Brown
07-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
http://www.seadoo.com/NR/rdonlyres/40AC6ED1-DB74-423C-AC8F-59659E6F5C08/0/Bkg_03_Medium.jpg

Debbolas
07-06-2004, 11:14 AM
You know................I wanted a jet boat, but was outvoted, and after Scream drove Bob's and hearing about his gas milage, no thanks!
:D

Dr. Eagle
07-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
Dang, what is it with your boat and the prop, I have never heard of so many injuries in my life. :D
It's easy really.
The prop has been posessed by an alien intelegence that is directing the prop to do these things... just like in Maximum Overdrive... LOL.....

Kachina26
07-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
You know................I wanted a jet boat, but was outvoted, and after Scream drove Bob's and hearing about his gas milage, no thanks!
:D
Your mileage is really gonna suck with that prop work you did in needles.

K9Blitz
07-07-2004, 09:10 PM
I busted out the Dremmel tool and engraved my AZ#'s deep into my box anchor and river spike. It will make it a bit more difficult to sell at a garage sale and make it easy for the thief to identify the boat he stole it from.

THATJEFFGUY
07-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I just got online to order a new Box Anchor and received an interesting PM...
I have your anchor. When the water went down on friday it was a foot under the water and I almost hit with my Boat. My wife and I put it on the Beach and watched it all weekend. Yesterday when we were leaving at 6 I picked it up. I was planning on posting it up to night. There was no fender on it so someone probly chopped it with a prop.
Call me..........
Sorry Kevin
So I'd like to thank Topock Junkie publicly. It just goes to show you, we fellow boaters do take care of each other ! I can't believe I never saw it when I scoured the beach Saturday and Sunday..or maybe my vision was slightly blurred by one too many Silvers. And someone even told me they saw it laying up on the beach..geez I musta been really buzzed ! Anyway, Thanks again TJ....and you even babysat it all weekend !! Now, what color prop cover do you want...I hope you don't have a jet !! :D

Waldo
07-07-2004, 09:13 PM
That's good peeps!

XtrmWakeborder
07-07-2004, 09:36 PM
very good to hear

Kachina26
07-08-2004, 04:56 AM
Well that was good for a morning giggle:D Glad to hear it worked out.

JetBoatRich
07-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Another amazing happy ending:) glad to hear it all worked out:cool:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-08-2004, 07:16 AM
The TopockJunkies are good friends of ours and really cool peeps.
See everybody, not everyone on the water is a bunch of a-holes!

syke-o
07-08-2004, 07:28 AM
thats great to hear that people are lookin out for each other out there!!:)

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 07:33 AM
We live in a good world.
We came back to our cove after a day of boating and could not find our anchor, our bouy was about a foot under water and no one could grab it from the boat.
It was a hassle to retrieve.....;)