PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell Houseboat rentals...

HighRoller
07-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Was starting to look around for a houseboat rental for next year and was wondering if any of you found a good source other than what you find on Google. We might even be interested in buying a reasonably priced share if anyone has one or knows someone who's selling. Since the new shares are 12-40K we would be looking for a resale share. Please PM me or respond here if you know anything. Thanks all...

RacerX
07-06-2004, 08:56 AM
I don't know where you have already looked but....
www.lake-time.com is one management company....
The boat trader has Powell re-sales every once in a while.
there is 2 more dealers that we talked with when we did all our research but their names escape me right now. I'll post them when I remember...

RacerX
07-06-2004, 08:59 AM
www.sunrisepeak.com is another one....
They just sent me an e-mail last week on their 2005 boats. It's $29K per week for the 75 footers though.
They had resales on there but you're going to have to buy a week in May or October to get one less than 15K...

NorCalCat
07-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Was starting to look around for a houseboat rental for next year and was wondering if any of you found a good source other than what you find on Google. We might even be interested in buying a reasonably priced share if anyone has one or knows someone who's selling. Since the new shares are 12-40K we would be looking for a resale share. Please PM me or respond here if you know anything. Thanks all...
If you are interested in Lake Shasta, PM Boatmaster.

HighRoller
07-06-2004, 09:24 AM
With the prices at Powell, Shasta is a possibility too.

King on the River
07-06-2004, 10:03 AM
I am also looking for a Lake Mead houseboat for next year. Any suggestions? Best company? Best Price? I am cheap!!!!!

Powerquestboy
07-06-2004, 10:13 AM
I got a flyer from Whaweap Marina at Powell the other day saying they will give you a $700 gas credit on houseboat rentals. Didnt really read into too much but it might be worth a call. They are campaigning about how there is still plenty of water to enjoy etc. They might be hurting as a result of the low water, and willing to cut some pretty good deals.

RacerX
07-06-2004, 02:08 PM
They have to be hurting pretty BAD. I'm sure it's due to the publicity involved with the low water. I have that same coupon but for $900.
They NEVER had to do any discounts in the past. We used to call on day one, hour one in February for a boat rental the NEXT year (i.e....call in February 04 for Summer 05) and you still couldn't always get what you wanted.
Times have sure changed with the low water....all the beaches in Padre Bay, Gunsight and Cookie Jar that we usually go to are 100+ feet above the water mark right now. I'll probably be totally lost when I go back....

Scream
07-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Powerquestboy
I got a flyer from Whaweap Marina at Powell the other day saying they will give you a $700 gas credit on houseboat rentals. Didnt really read into too much but it might be worth a call. They are campaigning about how there is still plenty of water to enjoy etc. They might be hurting as a result of the low water, and willing to cut some pretty good deals.
I think it was more like $700 for Housboat Gas credit and $200 or $250 for Gas for your car to get there...
I saw that same postcard.