PDA

View Full Version : 4th Weekend Report... What have you heard?

Mrs. Bear Down
07-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Lets Hear your stories... what disasters?
Mrs. Bear Down

OGShocker
07-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bear Down
what disasters?
Mrs. Bear Down
Spilled a full cocktail on our kitchen floor!

Lightning
07-06-2004, 08:54 AM
Broke a wine glass.

hd&boatrider
07-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Had a good friend of mine put his bike down with his wife on the back at the Hollister rally. He is banged up with a nasty burn on his face from scrapping the ground. Road rash on the legs. She thankfully came out without a scratch. Happened right next to me and could have been much, much worse.

Havasu'N'Huskers
07-06-2004, 09:05 AM
We stayed at Crazy Horse and was woke up by a low flying helicopter. Turns out it was a DPS Rescue copter searching the water just off the beach of CH. We looked out and there were a couple of Sheriff boats circling the area as well. Someone told me that on Friday night someone fell off the back of a boat and no one noticed he was missing until Sat. Morning. Not sure if they found the body or not.
It seems pretty sad that people get so messed up that they don't even realize their friends are missing! Oh and on Sunday night at CH, a girl was walking in the middle of the road and some guy was going to the ramp to get his boat and the girl walked into the moving trailer. I guess it just scratched up her leg and stuff. They ended up having the cops and paramedics come though.
All in all though it was an awesome weekend. It was our first time staying at crazy horse and the people we met were awesome!
I hope everyone else had a great time as well.

HM
07-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Canyon Lake had "technical" difficulty getting started on time, and the fireworks were not sychro'd with the radio station. But, they still kicked arse!!
Oh, the battery was dead on our pontoon boat so we had to pull start the outboard.

Mrs. Bear Down
07-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Had a good friend of mine put his bike down with his wife on the back at the Hollister rally. He is banged up with a nasty burn on his face from scrapping the ground. Road rash on the legs. She thankfully came out without a scratch. Happened right next to me and could have been much, much worse.
Funny... I was staying in CH too... didn't see or hear anything... I did hear someone died out on the river...
Monica

Goodtime$
07-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Blythe Lost Lake area was great. Lots of boats. Some of the highlights:
besides our own coor light induced fire work show
upriver, a 27foot ish carrera Turbine Powered V Jet with a huge rooster?? any pics?
a twin dcb haulin ass, a great races between a new Ultra 22, Placecraft Wildcat IO and a blown CP.
Jet skiiers still suck, lost lake has 0 races and the water was nice and high, the weather perfect and 0 accidents.

BROS&HOS
07-06-2004, 10:49 AM
one thing I learned this weekend, there are a lot of white mid 20 footers with blue tribal flame gel work. I don't know how many u-turns I made so I could get a look a the transoms.
It's kind of like when you like a car that you don't see many of, then you buy one and they are at every stop light.
I'm going back again this weekend, and I'm sure I'll be doing the same thing.

Boatcop
07-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Things came in 3s down on the strip.
1) Friday night, a drunk heading down river T-bones a boat tied up in front of Rio Del Colorado. Sends his wife to the hospital, and he gets charged with OUI. (more charges to come)
The tied up boat was anchored by the bow with the stern tied to the beach. Not more than 15 feet from the sand. The collision totalled a 2004 Ski Nautique, 24 hours on it, with a price tag of $65,000. Luckily no one was in it at the time. If there had been we'd be dealing with a multiple fatal.
2) Later Friday night, same scenario, different location. Drunk hits a tied up boat in front of Emerald Cove. minor injuries, another totalled boat.
3) Sunday night, drunk #3 going down river slams into the rocks at Bass Point. At least this one didn't take anybody elses boat with him. Minor injuries only.
These boats weren't going particularly fast. Estimated speeds were 25 - 30 MPH.
We've only had one accident like this in the past 15 years. That was the triple fatal right before Memorial Day 2002, where the Donzi hit Bass Point. And now we have 3 in one weekend.
It should be noted that all those involved were going from an up-river bar (To avoid confrontation, I won't name it, beep-beep) to Blue Water Resort, where they were staying. This leads me to believe that they weren't particularly familiar with the River, not to mention DRUNK.
The only other incident was a 18' jet, cruising about 50 MPH hit a wake and barrell rolled Friday afternoon. Single occupant wasn't injured, just a little embarrased. Only things damaged were the scoop on the engine and his ego.
*(&*^$%^$ San Bernardino wasn't anywhere around, so we ended up taking the 3 accidents on the California side. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of taking my guys off the water and tying them up, doing their job for them down here. I think it's time for my Sheriff to give theri Sheriff a call. :mad: :mad:

RiverDave
07-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Oh they were around plenty during the day.. They even had some photographer from one of those "wild river girls" websites on board shooting pictures with a telephoto lense. LOL.. (dude in the pink shirt)
They harassed my buddy Pat, becuase at a wakeless speed when he was about 5' from side tieing to my boat his wife got on the engine hatch and put her feet on the swimstep to get ready to catch the back of the boat.. How else are you going to catch the back of the boat?
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/0704/images/DSC00033.jpg
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/0704/images/DSC00035.jpg
RD <---- dead convinced the san bernadino guys are retards

Boatcop
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
That wasn't "Girls Gone Wild", unless that's what they renamed the OC Register.
A reporter who covered the Rush case last year was down for the weekend, looking for a story. I was supposed to hook up with them, but I was too friggin busy to deal with someone who was just going to get it all wrong anyway.

azsyndicate
07-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey Boat Cop,
I have been trying to get info on how everybody was doing after that crash at Bass Point. After the medics got that girl off my boat on the stretcher we kinda sat there trying to calm the nerves and reflect on what we saw. One of my crew has been having nightmares and I would like to let her know that everybody (especially the girl on the stretcher) is okay. I guess the two of them bonded while we waited for the police and got the other two guys out of the water.
Also I heard that one of the rescue personal was looking for his light. I found that on the ground in my boat and gave it to the Emerald cove security personal that night.

Kilrtoy
07-06-2004, 04:13 PM
SAN BERDO, They were around circling around all the families in Steamboat cove(SUNDAY).
What was funny, the day before at the mini sandbar, there was not a cop in site all day and there were plenty of well under legal age drunk and passed out GIRLS. Yet in steamboat with all the families and kids and besides it was mellow, we counted 5 cop boats in there at one time.....
Talk about not knowing how to focus their enforcement

Boozer
07-06-2004, 05:12 PM
The fireworks show sucked ass, that was the lamest show I have ever seen. Havasu really went cheap this year.
I didnt get in nearly as much water time as I would have liked too but did get a lot of seat time on the crotch rocket. If you seen 2 guys 1 on a yellow CBR and 1 on a black/grey gsxr 1000 that was me an my buddy.
Som e asshole slammed their truck into front end of my car while it was parked. We broke the windows out and had it towed.

RiverDave
07-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Boatcop
That wasn't "Girls Gone Wild", unless that's what they renamed the OC Register.
A reporter who covered the Rush case last year was down for the weekend, looking for a story. I was supposed to hook up with them, but I was too friggin busy to deal with someone who was just going to get it all wrong anyway.
I was just saying that based upon what I saw him taking pictures of.. LOL I don't think any of the areas that I saw him photographing could end up in the OC register. LOL :D but what do I know.
RD

LaveyJet
07-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bear Down
Lets Hear your stories... what disasters?
Mrs. Bear Down
Heading up river on the afternoon of the 4th between Moabi and Needles, saw some black smoke ahead. Got closer to see the remains of a burned jet boat on the West shore. The fire guys were there hosing things down, 5 or 6 peeps on the shore looking on.
Hope everyone was ok.

Schiada76
07-07-2004, 02:01 PM
There was a tragic LIVE crawdad eating incident on our deck Monday night.
Alcohol was believed to be involved.:frown:

WILDERTHANU
07-07-2004, 02:09 PM
BOOOOOOO
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/0704/images/DSC00033.jpg