PDA

View Full Version : Any Toshiba hook ups?

core attitude
04-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I need a Tecra M4 Tablet PC and can't seem to find a brick and morter retailer that has one and I prefer not to buy online.
Thanks, Pete

mickeyfinn
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Any reason you are hung up on the Toshiba? I have several tablets, viewsonic and a motion computing along with a fujitsu. The best of them is the motion with the outdoor viewable screen. The fujitsu is the most rugged of the three. The viewsonic is a good solid platform, but a little larger than the other two.

core attitude
04-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Any reason you are hung up on the Toshiba? I have several tablets, viewsonic and a motion computing along with a fujitsu. The best of them is the motion with the outdoor viewable screen. The fujitsu is the most rugged of the three. The viewsonic is a good solid platform, but a little larger than the other two.
Ahhhhhhh.....no, I've just heard nothing but good about them. I do need to be able to use it as a note book also and I don't see that the Viewsonic and Motion cComputing will do that, I will look into the Fujitsu a little more as an option. I really would like to put my hands on it before I buy but they seem to be hard to find in this area.
Thanks for your help, Pete

Panic Button
04-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Wait till May when Dell releases thier tablet. Right now there is a Beta Vs VHS war going on with the tablet software. Dell and HP are teaming up with MS to create an industry standard.

core attitude
04-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Wait till May when Dell releases thier tablet.
Where would I find more info on this release date? I know it's been long awaited.
Pete

Panic Button
04-06-2006, 06:12 AM
I met with my Dell Corp. rep last week and he just told me "wait till May", he's back in town again next week I'll try to get an announcement date from him.

core attitude
04-06-2006, 06:16 AM
http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif Cool, I know that people have been waiting for awhile and are anxious.

mickeyfinn
04-06-2006, 07:20 AM
The motion, viewsonic and the fujitsu all are "pure" tablets, meaning they have no keyboard attached. They have pop up keyboards and a stylus. They have multiple USB jacks and can be bought with a docking station that includes keyboard, mouse and a stand for proper orientation of the tablet as the monitor. The motion is the best in my opinion. The viewsonic is limited to portait only mode when attached to the docking station and can be switched between portrait and landscape at the push of a button when desired. The motion can be switched between portrait and landscape mode in all four orientations. The outdoor visibility is better on the fujitsu, pretty good on the motion and non-existent on the viewsonic, this is a major consideration if using outdoors. All have built in wifi, bluetooth, usb, lan, 56k modem, external vga....etc. I really prefer the feel of the motion, it is easier to use button are located in better positions and it is thin. None of these can be used as a lap top as they do require the use of an external keyboard if you want that method of entry. The tablets that convert between tablet and laptop are much heavier and some of the reviews sound like the keyboard, tablet connection suffer if used very much. If this is for personal use the outdoor viewable option is great, I use mine all over inside and out for surfing. They all run windows xp tablet edition and run complete software packages. I have yet to find a package that won't run on any of the tablet. I have full installs of microsoft office, corporate, and tons of other appications that are written for windows xp and they all run great. Just do some research, seriously figure out what you are going to use it for and then buy the most you can afford. The outdoor viewable is a pricey option (500 to 800 dollars), but well worth it.