PDA

View Full Version : Where in Laughlin

Excessive Force
07-07-2004, 08:08 AM
At which hotel in Laughlin would you feel most comfortable leaving your boat out at? I normally go the the River Palms where there is secured parking, but they are booked the weekend that Im going.:confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-07-2004, 08:10 AM
I've had no problems at the Flamingo before. Their lot was full one time so I flipped the valet a $20 and he put me on the side of the parking structure where the security guards regularly patrol.

charlyox
07-07-2004, 08:24 AM
I have stayed at the Colorado Belle and the Ramada several times and never had any problems.Both have roving security guards.At the Ramada if you get a west facing room sometimes you can see your rig from your room

Dan Lorenze
07-07-2004, 09:20 AM
I have always left my boat at Harrahs secured lot up the hill.. It costs 12 bucks now but it's a pretty good insurance policy. I would hate to have my stuff ripped off, it could ruin a good weekend... my .02

Mrs Luvnlife
07-07-2004, 09:24 AM
We normally stay at the Riverside and we've never had any problems and we can usually see the boat/truck from our room. We were just there this past weekend (we didn't have our boat) and several times when I was on the patio I saw a regular police car cruising up and down each row checking things out.

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 09:27 AM
So you all stay at Laughlin, but launch at Katherines, right?

charlyox
07-07-2004, 09:37 AM
I usually launch at the state park off of Riverview.From there we will head down to the Avi or Topac or the Sandbar at Havasu.It is a nice ride if the river is up

charlyox
07-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Kathrines is such a zoo.the line to launch is a1/2 mile long and parking your rig is even worse.Getting off the water is twice as bad

Excessive Force
07-07-2004, 09:51 AM
What alternatives to launching at Katherines is there? Wanna stay to the north of Laughlin.

BrendellaJet
07-07-2004, 09:57 AM
been to Harrahs several times. No problems in either the lower lot or the upper lot, although I was just out there and did not have to pay $12 ??? Depending on your room, you can see the lot, although if you can see the lot, your view of the river is gonna suck! They do have patrols too.
I dont see why people have a problem with Katherines, guess Ive been lucky. Usually first on the water, and getting out has not been bad. I have had to wait 20 minutes once to retrieve, but it was not that bad due to the scenery.

Excessive Force
07-07-2004, 09:57 AM
I didnt know Harrahs had secured parking. Riverpalms does too.

BROS&HOS
07-07-2004, 10:05 AM
There's another ramp close to Katherines. Most people keep it on the down low so it doesn't get busy.

al cole'holic
07-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Edgewater....the employee lot, armed guards, shuttle service to and from the hotel...what more could you ask for? :D

FRENCHIE
07-07-2004, 10:27 AM
dITTO ON EDGEWATER, LAST WEEKEND FLAMINGO ALSO NO PROBS, WEEKEND B4 PIONEER RIGHT OUT FRONT OF OUR ROOM!;)

jas0502
07-07-2004, 10:30 AM
We have pretty much stayed at them all. Edgewater/Belle is the best security wise. But they are all pretty good.
If you are going to launch at Katherine's be there early. There are other places to launch on mohave but Katherine's is the closeset to Laughlin.:D

Excessive Force
07-07-2004, 10:53 AM
How early should I launch from Katherines?and how late should I come back in?

LaveyJet
07-07-2004, 11:00 AM
If you want to avoid Katherines, try Telephone Cove or Princess Cove. Telephone Cove has a dirt ramp but it''s not bad. I've seen 30' IOs launch with no problems. Princess Cove has a great paved ramp, but it's at the end of a six mile dirt road. We always launch at telephone cove.

GASHGAZER
07-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Telephone is the best ramp, a little steep and gets your rif dusty, but no lines on a regular weekend and nice clean restrooms... Katherines is ok if you get there no later than 8 SHARP!! I usually park the rig in the overflow lot behind the mall, Edgewater/Belle lot, and they have security in and out all the time, plus you tip the old bus driver guy and he'll keep an eye out for you, because the shuttle circles the lot like every 20 minutes. Never had any problems up there. I don't like parking in the main lots because there is always that one drunken fool that can mess stuff up. Where is the Telephone ramp you ask... pm and I'll disclose if you don' t know.

Excessive Force
07-07-2004, 11:32 AM
starting to sound like any hotel would be ok. thought i read sometime back there were some not so good hotels to leave a boat at. help a newbie out are there anymore places to launch?

LaveyJet
07-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Excessive Force
help a newbie out are there anymore places to launch?
Be glad to help a neighbor in the 909
What kind of boat?
River or Lake?
What do you like to do, cruise, party, play with water toys?

spute
07-07-2004, 11:42 AM
i always stay at the golden nuggett . they have a lot across the street and have never had or seen any problems. as far as launching...prepare to wait. then wait some more. and everyone there gets so aggro........

Excessive Force
07-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Be glad to help a neighbor in the 909
What kind of boat?
River or Lake?
Right now I have a monterey which I got back when I was married w/ 2 lil boys. We've all outgrown that. Ill be taking the big plunge into a hot boat, preferably a jet, Im trying to narrow it down from Shockwave, Lavey, or Ultra 23-25 foot range. Mostly to take out to the river and occasionally the local lakes.

Excessive Force
07-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Yes.....yes....and yes!:D
D) all of the above

Larry Nebb
07-07-2004, 11:57 AM
You guys that leave your boats in parking lots over night are fools. Just asking to get your rigs pinched.

LaveyJet
07-07-2004, 11:58 AM
You'll be fine at Telephone Cove. Here's a Map (http://www.nps.gov/lame/Kath.pdf)
You can always ask for directions from the ranger at the entrance. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Excessive Force
07-07-2004, 12:08 PM
thanks for the link, Lavey!