PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe Jeopardy!!??

BUSTI
07-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Have you been watching Jeopardy? Unbelievable! This guy Ken Jennings has won for 25 days in a row and has won $788,000.00! He has set all records for most days in a row, single highest days winnings and most winnings ever!
This guy is a genius! Holy shit he clears 3/4 of the board before anybody even gets to answer a question!
Check it out! This guy is one smart cookie!
In a radio interview he recently disclosed he was a Republican! Why are we not surprised? Conservatism is a true measure of ones superior brain power.
Any way check this guy out he's something else!

copperrat20
07-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Sure he's got all the booksmarts in the world! I bet he can't drive a boat let alone work on one!:eek: :)

Mrs. Restless22
07-07-2004, 01:39 PM
I didnt know anyone still watched Jeopardy :eek: :D :D

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
In a radio interview he recently disclosed he was a Republican! Why are we not surprised? Conservatism is a true measure of ones superior brain power.
Dude! I have been watching this from time to time. He gets all the obscure questions... amazing!
But WTF are you thinking? Didn't you know ALL the intellectuals in the world are Liberals (just ask them, everyone on the right is a dunderhead)...!

MudPumper
07-07-2004, 01:40 PM
I bet he doesnt know the fireing order of a BBC!!!:D

copperrat20
07-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
damn straight!:D

schlepy
07-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Jeopardy is still on the air? Does Alex Queerbec still host it?

BUSTI
07-07-2004, 01:55 PM
The Dr. is so right! Libs are truely legends in their own minds!
Dr Eagle I usually just pass that program bye after 5 minutes or so but this guy is a machine. He flatly knows 95% of the material and the other 5% he has a bett than 50/50 knolwedge level of the material....so is just killing the competition.
With regard to whether he knows any think about boats or what the firing order of a BBC is doesnt matter. He is smart enough who to call to keep his shit runnin I bet!

eliminatedsprinter
07-07-2004, 01:56 PM
I've seen it several times lately. The guy is smart, plus he is getting more and more practice playing under the pressure of the cameras etc.. So it is getting harder and harder to beat him. The other day a guy who was a genoius came pretty close, this Jennings guy was just a bit quicker with the buzzer and he won the final question. The poor lady who was on the show with those 2 seemed to only get to try to answere a couple of questions the whole show. When I watch that show I usually know most of the answers and my wife keeps telling me I should try to get on it. But I know it is easier to sit home and blurt out the answers at the TV than it is to do it under pressure and use the buzzer etc....

MudPumper
07-07-2004, 01:59 PM
I'll take foods that start with the letter "Q" for $100 Alex.:D

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
The Dr. is so right! Libs are truely legends in their own minds!
Dr Eagle I usually just pass that program bye after 5 minutes or so but this guy is a machine.
I actually watch the show most evenings, because I love trivia and oblique factoids. But I have missed the last few shows because of the holiday and being on the road.
That guy is incredible....has to be the smartest player I have seen on the show.

dimarcobros
07-07-2004, 02:03 PM
When is it on?
DMB

Lake Pirate
07-07-2004, 02:04 PM
But WTF are you thinking? Didn't you know ALL the intellectuals in the world are Liberals (just ask them, everyone on the right is a dunderhead)...!
Ummm.. I think you need to reread the threads, (at least since I've been here.) I've seen no libs start name calling or insulting someone else's intelligence. I know you NEED to think so as to justify your many negative remarks but, it just ain't so!
I'm very happy the guy is smart. Good for him. However he might take umbrage at his in absentia nomination into the brain trust around here.
Give me "what do you think they'll come back with next" for $800 Alex?

eliminatedsprinter
07-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Ummm.. I think you need to reread the threads, (at least since I've been here.) I've seen no libs start name calling or insulting someone else's intelligence. I know you NEED to think so as to justify your many negative remarks but, it just ain't so!
I'm very happy the guy is smart. Good for him. However he might take umbrage at his in absentia nomination into the brain trust around here.
I've been around here for a few months over a year and the insults have been tossed around both ways. I pretty much debate about the same as I always have and there have been instances when some have mistaken what I ment as critiques of their postions for personal insults....You liberals are so sensititive ya know..;) ;)
But seriously, Mr Jennings is more conservitive than most of this group. Not only is he very Republican, but he tithes 10%+ of his money to the Mormon church. I'll never get THAT conservitive!!!;)

Lake Pirate
07-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Who'd a thunk Jeopardy would be a partisan issue? :eek:

Ziggy
07-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Maybe not but he's got the money to pay someone else to do it and keep his hand clean;) :D

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Ummm.. I think you need to reread the threads, (at least since I've been here.)
I beg to differ... something about straining a brain cell to write a post or something along those lines...

Lake Pirate
07-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Retaliatory is way different than an initial strike. Besides I try and inject a bit of humor in my retorts as opposed to balls to the wall blatant name calling. Next.

BUSTI
07-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Ken Jennings has a strategy he puches his button on every question. He knows most the answers and suucessfully quesses right when he doesn't know the answer.
I hope he winns a million dollars. He said the other night that he would like to be a writer for Jeopardy some day. I bet he will!
Lib Pirate don't be so hyper sensitive and get your panties in a buch! When Right thinking conservatives verbally jab at you its like when guys beach race and boast who is the fast on the lake!
Unforntunantly for you I am sure you have a slow boat also......not just a slow mind.

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Who'd a thunk Jeopardy would be a partisan issue? :eek:
It is pretty damn funny..... ya know?:eek: :cool:

Lake Pirate
07-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Unforntunantly for you I am sure you have a slow boat also......not just a slow mind.
Welp... ya got me there. You're so good. Here at the trailer park us Springerites only have an electric motor on our bass boats. (At least us with the double-wides.) We sure are impressed with the brain trust around here. Trivia huh? Man... that's pretty awesome. Trivia means you know a lot about nuthin' and boy howdy have I seen a lot of nuthin' in your posts. I'll check back later cuz I have to trim my mullet and cut the sleeves off my white power t-shirt.

Froggystyle
07-07-2004, 02:52 PM
18436572... from memory.
I tried out for the military week of Jeopardy once. Funny story. 50 questions, I missed 3. Here is three things I will never forget...
The abbreviation "3M" stands for this...
What is Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing? (I had exactly ZERO idea)
In 1955 this Argentinian President was ousted and replaced by Arturo Frondizi.
Who is Juan Peron? (I was in SEAL training when every other single person in the test (120 people) had gone and seen "Evita")
In 404 BC, this Greek city was overthrown, officially signifying the end to the Peloponnesian War.
Athens. (I guessed Sparta, thinking Athens had never been overthrown, only defeated (read... I was clueless)
Long story short, of the 120 testees, they could only take 3 people from our test for the military week. I was one of only two enlisted in the room, and the other "E-man" was a Master Chief with a college degree.
Three guys missed two questions, with all of them admitting multiple guesses. (0-5 and above) I missed three. Next guy to us missed 7.
That was as close as I ever got!
How does this relate to boats you ask? When they ask you what you would do with the money you won I put down... "Buy a blown picklefork" :D

eliminatedsprinter
07-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Jeopardy must be a right wing plot, because they still have questions on worthless unP.C. topics like unrevised history, the Bible, and those evil, slave owning, wig wearing guys that right wing extreemists still call our founding fathers...;) ;) ;)

CA Stu
07-07-2004, 03:39 PM
A: What is a question that will let people know you're a geeky poindexter?
;)
Thanks
CA Stu

Froggystyle
07-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
A: What is a question that will let people know you're a geeky poindexter?
;)
Thanks
CA Stu
In 404 BC, which Greek city was overthrown, officially signifying the end to the Peloponnesian War.

CA Stu
07-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey, I dig Jeopardy.
I suppose I should have made that the Q: to the A: that is this thread title.
It's a program you can yell out the answers at the TV and impress the neighbors.
I read about missing the cut on Jeopardy, that sucks. For a similar reason, I will never again misspell "Pharaoh":)
Cheers
CA Stu
Q: Who is the coolest guy in Riverside?

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 04:16 PM
I turn it on once or twice a week and seen this guy answer any type question they throw at him:)
Kinda of cool how they changed the rules where people play until they loose:D

MagicMtnDan
07-07-2004, 05:22 PM
The guy is a machine. But I know for a fact that he's still not winning (he finally "lost" if you can call it that). Yes, I know he's still on the TV show but they're taped in advance.
I wonder if he hit a MILLION before he got beat?

Scream
07-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Dude! I have been watching this from time to time. He gets all the obscure questions... amazing!
I have to call foul here Doc, regardless of what all is said on this forum it is never acceptable to use the word "Dunderhead":eek: :eek: :eek:

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Scream
I have to call foul here Doc, regardless of what all is said on this forum it is never acceptable to use the word "Dunderhead":eek: :eek: :eek:
Now wait a minute scream... are you the word nazi now.... NO WORDS FOR YOU!...... LOL....
I just found the word so appropriate... observe:
dunderhead
\Dun"der*head`\, n. [Prov. Eng. also dunderpoll, from dunder, same as thunder.] A dunce; a numskull; a blockhead. --Beau. & Fl.
[Try Merriam-Webster Unabridged.]
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
dunderhead
n : these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence [syn: dunce, numskull, blockhead, bonehead, lunkhead, hammerhead, knucklehead, loggerhead, muttonhead, ********, ****head]
Now this is from Dictionary.com....... I didn't make it up! Really!

ahhell
07-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
CAN HE OPEN A BEER:D
probably not...thats why he's winning so bad..hims got brain cells...bartender.....YO!!!!!!!

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Now wait a minute scream... are you the word nazi now.... NO WORDS FOR YOU!...... LOL....
I just found the word so appropriate... observe:
dunderhead
\Dun"der*head`\, n. [Prov. Eng. also dunderpoll, from dunder, same as thunder.] A dunce; a numskull; a blockhead. --Beau. & Fl.
[Try Merriam-Webster Unabridged.]
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
dunderhead
n : these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence [syn: dunce, numskull, blockhead, bonehead, lunkhead, hammerhead, knucklehead, loggerhead, muttonhead, ********, ****head]
Now this is from Dictionary.com....... I didn't make it up! Really!
Just so you know.....................Scream is a Food Nazi as well:rolleyes:

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 06:31 PM
He just added another $40,000 tonight!
RTJas :D

Ntwotrance
07-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
828K now...shit he has yet to stumble....

Kilrtoy
07-07-2004, 06:34 PM
He is at 828K, It is time he leaves its getting old now....

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 06:35 PM
and he made it look easy:eek: again

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
and he made it look easy:eek: again
Almost "not fun" in that mono-tone voice he answers in, very matter of fact!

Jrocket
07-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Paying attention in school payed off for that guy.

riverliver
07-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Paying attention in school payed off for that guy.
Day didn't teach dat shit at da school i went 2...;)

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Just so you know.....................Scream is a Food Nazi as well:rolleyes:
You don't let him around the knives and other sharp implements... do you?

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
He is at 828K, It is time he leaves its getting old now....
Yeah, cuz he's gonna have that DCB before Kilr.......;)

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:26 PM
You don't let him around the knives and other sharp implements... do you?
No, he is just REALLY picky about the food he eats.
It HAS to be made from scratch, etc....:rolleyes:

fkeys
07-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Heard today that Jeopardy's ratings went up 12% in the last week alone! The guy knows all the answers, he's smart enough in the subject at hand to guess pretty damn well, but the most important thing is he's figured out how & when to ring in. It's all in the ringer!!

JetBoatRich
07-08-2004, 08:11 PM
The guy ran away with it again tonight:eek:
Who can name the movie where the gave the contestant the answers before the show?

Dr. Eagle
07-08-2004, 08:23 PM
The dudes a machine.......
and I don't remember the movie...

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I think there's something hinky going on with the finger button thing. You can see the people squeezing the thing like crazy and someone else gets the call. I think it's fixed. And another thing is Alex Trebec's so called "knowledge". I talked to a guy who was on the show once. He said after the show he watched his episode and saidthere were a lot of comments from Alex that weren't actually made during thet taping. They have Alex tape corrections and comments after the show to make him look as if he knows the answer to every question and then they edit them into the show before broadcast.

DryHeatOnly
07-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
The guy ran away with it again tonight:eek:
Who can name the movie where the gave the contestant the answers before the show?
Was it 'Quiz Show'?

JetBoatRich
07-09-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
Was it 'Quiz Show'?
That's the one;) do we have another "QUIZ SHOW"

shueman
07-09-2004, 05:02 AM
The original scandal was THE $64,OOO QUESTION.....

MagicMtnDan
07-09-2004, 06:29 PM
He (Ken) won $52,000 tonight blowing away the other two "competitors" and bringing his total to date to: $920,960

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
He (Ken) won $52,000 tonight blowing away the other two "competitors" and bringing his total to date to: $920,960
That'd just be a start for me........... LOL.......
He answers some really unusual questions correctly and guesses right on the ones he really didn't know a high percentage of the time.

MagicMtnDan
07-14-2004, 05:09 AM
NEW YORK - Television’s seemingly unbeatable answer man — or question man — has passed the $1 million mark on “Jeopardy!”
Ken Jennings, the whip-smart software engineer from Salt Lake City, won his 30th straight contest on the syndicated game show, in an episode televised Tuesday. That brought his earnings to $1,004,960.
He’s long since blown past the previous record for a “Jeopardy!” contestant, excluding special tournaments. Tom Walsh of Washington, D.C., set that record of $184,900 over seven days last winter.
In his monthlong run, Jennings has provided more than 1,000 correct questions. “Jeopardy” contestants are provided the answer, and must reply in the form of a question.
Jennings, 30, has shown few knowledge gaps in his march to millionaire status. He was a member of Brigham Young University’s College Bowl team in the 1990s, and he edits literature questions for the National Academic Quiz Tournament.
At the start of its 20th season last fall, “Jeopardy!” changed its longtime rule that said a champion must leave after five straight wins. Now a player stays on the show until losing.
The only suspense Monday was in whether Jennings would beat the single-day “Jeopardy!” record of $52,000 in winnings, which he’s tied twice.
He seemed poised to do so, but proved he was fallible. He had to name the two years, five years apart, where The New York Times first used 96-point type for headlines marking historical events.
Jennings answered 1996 and 2001. The correct response: 1969, when man landed on the moon, and 1974, when President Nixon resigned.
He’ll be back to try again.

RiverToysJas
07-14-2004, 06:39 PM
$1,022,000~ish. Still goin'. :rolleyes:

Mandelon
07-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Sure beats workin' for a living..............:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-14-2004, 07:25 PM
$1,022,000~ish. Still goin'. :rolleyes:
DONCHA just love it when it works out for SOMEBODY?:confused: :D