PDA

View Full Version : So how many of you are becoming your parents?

copperrat20
07-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Any takers?

91nordic29
07-07-2004, 01:56 PM
we dont have kids but i find myself saying things to my neice and nephew that i recognize :eek: i shake my head and wonder how that came out of my mouth! kinda funny.:cool:

NashvilleBound
07-07-2004, 02:00 PM
You had to go there???:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
I hear myself say stuff all the time to my kids. It's scary.:rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
07-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Faster and faster every day.....;)

Tom Brown
07-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Is this an honesty test? Pretty much anyone who is honest with themselves is watching with horror as they turn into their parents.

UtlGoa
07-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Better yet, how many ladies got knocked up over the July 4th weekend:wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-07-2004, 02:53 PM
I think my parents did a damn good job so I don't mind if I turn into my parents.

LakeRacer
07-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Kids are grown now but I remember saying things my parents said all the time. Here's a good quote for ya:
"Just when I think my parents are all right, I have kids that think I'm all wrong." Read that somewhere and don't know who the author is but it pretty much somes it up.

carreraelite
07-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Something my father used to say when I was a teen......"The older you get, The smarter I'll become"......:D

dmontzsta
07-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Me and I start thinking about it everyday. Things you do differently now, compared to then.

ahhell
07-07-2004, 04:33 PM
How many of you dont tell your kids what you did in the past in fear that they will do it and then you'll have to kick some ass...HYPOCRITE..im one...:rolleyes: my kids do what i did, I'll kill'em

welk2party
07-07-2004, 04:41 PM
I am not a parent myself but I find that I am constantly acting like my parents.

FMluvswater
07-07-2004, 04:50 PM
I left a handprint on my own forehead recently seconds after telling my son "because I said so!" :o

Kilrtoy
07-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by UtlGoa
Better yet, how many ladies got knocked up over the July 4th weekend:wink:
I saw a couple practicing.... Does that count...

v-drive
07-07-2004, 05:07 PM
I pretty much told the kids what I did as a youth and let them know that I would not stand for it if they tried any of it. Except for laying the dummy in the gutter as cars drove by. When I did it there was not that big of a deal made out of it. When My son did it they brought out the helicopters. I think they are still laughing.
:D v-drive

Kim Hanson
07-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I want my kids ( Girls ) to have fast boats , not run arounds! They like me for what I am, slighly crazy and fun to be around! That is better than hanging around the fire pit roasting mellows and asking what would you like to do tommorrow, my girls like to go boating, I never seen any of that.
It is how you are not, your parents! I will slow down someday....but I really don't know when thats going to happen and my girls love this chit! Yes, as much as me......( . )( . ).....
I have never been the one to follow anything though :D Rules , I try!...I didn't get no freacking hand book, Im doing it my way :p

Blown 472
07-07-2004, 05:31 PM
If you mean being a selfish ****ing asshole, nope I am 180 degrees from the ****s that brought me up.

XtrmWakeborder
07-07-2004, 05:34 PM
yah slowly turning into them, thats why i started goin to the gym lol other than that though i hope i can be as good of a parent as them when the time comes

Kim Hanson
07-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
If you mean being a selfish ****ing asshole, nope I am 180 degrees from the ****s that brought me up.
Pretty harsh 472, I have lived a hard live also! Shit that I don't and won't talk about! I think it makes you a better person coming up that way, I don't take things for granted! If you want something work for it, nobody is going to give it to you! I have never asked for help from my parent for anything. The way I look at it is my MOM...( . )( . )....I love her to death for bringing me into this world, the chit later :frown: why!

little rowe boat
07-07-2004, 07:35 PM
I love my parents dearly,but watching them as I grew up,I realized I did not want to be like either of them.So needless to say,I am not like either of them.

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Been there, done that... now I snicker as I watch my kids do the same with their kids... He he he he he...

Mandelon
07-07-2004, 07:37 PM
I hear myself and my wife saying some of the things I heard my parents say. Usually when yelling at the kids.....:D

mtndewdrops
07-07-2004, 09:03 PM
I am doing the OPPOSITE in alot of situations.
I can't even count how many schools I attended. My kids will go from K-12 in the same school.
My parents sat and watched TV every night...I prefer a game or activity with the kids.
My parents divorced, I just celebrated my 15 year anniversary last week.
The only thing remotely similar is telling them to "CLEAN YOUR ROOM" or you're on "RESTRICTION".

Scream
07-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
How many of you dont tell your kids what you did in the past in fear that they will do it and then you'll have to kick some ass...HYPOCRITE..im one...:rolleyes: my kids do what i did, I'll kill'em
How many of you have friends that get so shit faced they blurt out your ages old dirty laundry for your kids to hear...
Loose Lips Sink Ships...
lol ya drunk bastard..

ahhell
07-08-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Scream
How many of you have friends that get so shit faced they blurt out your ages old dirty laundry for your kids to hear...
Loose Lips Sink Ships...
lol ya drunk bastard..
?????????.......Well, maybe once:rolleyes: