PDA

View Full Version : I feakin hate to.........

clownpuncher
07-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Throw something away that belongs to my daughter. For instance, I just gave her first bike away to our housekeeper. Grandkids are too young for it so it's going to be used in Mexicali. My little girl has outgrown it and doesn't even know it was still around, but, I have such great memories I hated to do it. The need for space outweighed the sentimental factor but it's hard to do.
I've been doing this with a lot of her "old" stuff lately. Sad everytime.
****in aye. Now I'm sounding the little softy I am for my little girl.
Anybody else have this dilema?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/536Pdrm0127-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/536Pdrm0145-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/536Pdrm0147-med.jpg

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I have bags of stuff hidden in the attic, the kids toys, blankets, clothes....I have a problem with that as well. (just ask Scream)

HCS
07-08-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm going through the samething. My boy is about to turn 5.
He has all kinds of toys that are ready to go.
Anyone have a little boy that needs some toys?

Ultra5150
07-08-2004, 03:43 PM
I have a six year old "Princess", I just took 4 boxes of stuff to the goodwill. I told my wife to put the stuff in boxes and I would take them, I just did not want to see what went in them. Every little thing has a memory attached.

Her454
07-08-2004, 03:46 PM
I'd rather throw out MY stuff than hers. When I bought my last house and I moved, my friends were asking me what the hell I kept that stuff for.........I just smiled .......... :)

ahhell
07-08-2004, 03:49 PM
pictures help, but the small stuff like macaroni fathers day cards need to stay...the "made stuff" has to stay.... store bought can go
Im getting misty:rolleyes:

Her454
07-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
but the small stuff like macaroni fathers day cards need to stay...
Im getting misty:rolleyes:
Ditto on the misty... that was cute. :D

KACHINA KEN
07-08-2004, 03:57 PM
That can't possibly be your kid WAYYYY too cute:D

Ziggy
07-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Its like an annual dealio, and if she see's any of it she'll start to pull out one thing after the other.....Oh, I wanna keep this, and this, oh and that too:rolleyes: We've learned to do it when she's not around.
Its tough to do but like Ahhell said the "made for you stuff" has to be put in archives.

welk2party
07-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Cute little girl. I have no kids but I am sure I would be the same way.

clownpuncher
07-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Glad I'm not the only male member that feels this way LOL. he he, I said male member.
Yep, definately gotta keep the "made especially for you" stuff. I'm gonna need a bigger house soom for all that :D

SandbarScot
07-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah the home made stuff, medals from sports, trophies, ribbons, awards, photos, newspaper clippings, fathers day cards and anniversary and b-day cards... and FIRSTS, like first soccer cleats or baseball glove, etc if they keep playing that sport til they're out of high school, they will appreciate keeping the "first" whatever. Gotta keep all that stuff.

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 09:11 PM
My Mom has the bronze shoes from my sister and I prominantly displayed on the bookshelf in their living room right next to the pictures of every family member from age 1 to 40! I may joke, but my mom has thousands of pictures of the family stored in the closet. Any time I need a picture from a certain era I visit their house and pull out the "archives"!! My Dad, the organizer, reorganized them by year so it's easy to find what I'm looking for!! I have a 1974 Lake Havasu classic with the Tri-Hull in the background and me in my favorite Honda jersey......What a memory!!

Bling Bling
07-08-2004, 09:25 PM
I now what you mean, I tack up my daughters art work and swim meet ribbons all over the back wall in my garage. I will never throw that stuff away. It took only oh about three hours. Nothing on this planet is cooler then daddys little girl.

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey bling, what will you say to Daddy's little girl when she asks to take the NorTech out with her friends and their boyfriends to Havasu for the weekend?:D :D

Bling Bling
07-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Hey bling, what will you say to Daddy's little girl when she asks to take the NorTech out with her friends and their boyfriends to Havasu for the weekend?:D :D NEGATIVE!

lucky
07-09-2004, 07:05 AM
some where in her room ===== no daddy i love that stuffed animal - I have not seen her in a week - i hear lil muffled giggling and food disipears - followed by dad can i go play in the boat that don't run --- :eek: :wink: ps if my wife decides to throw my " junk " out - there goes the boat - lmao

Wally_Gator
07-09-2004, 07:09 AM
I am just starting on all of this.
My first kid, my little girl just turned 1.
And today I realised that I can no longer call her a baby as
she took her first steps on her birthday (3 weeks ago) and now she is just flying along. I think she is now qualified as a toddler.
Where did the last year go?