PDA

View Full Version : Powerboat Magazine

burtandnancy
07-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Got my new Powerboat today, I usually get both it and Hot Boat at the same time. Great issue tho. Got to read that Jerry Gilbreath story again, on how to throttle a big cat...

Kilrtoy
07-08-2004, 09:11 PM
You get a time out
You said PB on HB

mtndewdrops
07-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Hey B&N 500 posts!... Way to go. When you are done with the PB mag, please leave it in a stall for the rest of us to enjoy...lol:)

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 06:27 AM
What I had a hard time swallowing was the "entry level boats that won't break the bank" prices ranging from $85K to almost $130K. Is that ENTRY level now??????

beer hunter
07-09-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
What I had a hard time swallowing was the "entry level boats that won't break the bank" prices ranging from $85K to almost $130K. Is that ENTRY level now??????
As Dorthy said, "Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore" ;) It's not cheep to play in the minor leagues these days! :wink:

beach gomer
07-09-2004, 07:31 AM
I think I've seen everything now when a 29'DCB cost 300k. Is Dave smoking something because it must be some good shit.And no I'm not bagging on DCB's they are by far one of the best boats out. Prices are way out of line.

riverrunner
07-09-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by beach gomer
I think I've seen everything now when a 29'DCB cost 300k. Is Dave smoking something because it must be some good shit.And no I'm not bagging on DCB's they are by far one of the best boats out. Prices are way out of line.
I was thinking the same thing. The prices of boats these days is outrageous.
Did anybody else notice all the full page ads in the back of this months Powerboat were West Coast builders, mostly guys that I rarely if ever have seen advertise before. Caliber one acutally had a real nice ad as well as one certain member of the boards that is coming out with his own boat. Nice ad Wes, when is the first boat going to be on the water?

Froggystyle
07-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by riverrunner
I was thinking the same thing. The prices of boats these days is outrageous.
Did anybody else notice all the full page ads in the back of this months Powerboat were West Coast builders, mostly guys that I rarely if ever have seen advertise before. Caliber one acutally had a real nice ad as well as one certain member of the boards that is coming out with his own boat. Nice ad Wes, when is the first boat going to be on the water?
Soon...
We just finished the bottom mold, and are bonding on the steelwork today. Here is a shot of the mold as of mid-day yesterday.
Think we built the cage strong enough? :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=787622

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by beach gomer
you get what you pay for.. and a rescent 34 will prove that.. just my 2 cents.. because I love DCB..;) :D

Jrocket
07-12-2004, 01:06 PM
DCB's are expensive and I hope they saty that way.keeps my resale value up!
Look at Schiadas prices!

RiverDave
07-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
you get what you pay for.. and a rescent 34 will prove that.. just my 2 cents.. because I love DCB..;) :D
A recent 34 proved what?
RD

fourspeednup
07-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
A recent 34 proved what?
RD I'm not even gonna touch that;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:09 PM
A recent 34 proved what?
RD
that you get what you pay for.. it held up very well for what happen to it IMO..;)

RiverDave
07-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Now MrsFlyinVee, I'm not one to go against the grain here, and god knows I'm a huge fan of DCB (I think they are literally one of the best west coast builders), but I gotta be honest I didn't get that same impression from looking at those pics.. ??? For that thing only doing 85'ish?
RD

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Now MrsFlyinVee, I'm not one to go against the grain here, and god knows I'm a huge fan of DCB (I think they are literally one of the best west coast builders), but I gotta be honest I didn't get that same impression from looking at those pics.. ???
RD
if you saw it in person I think you would think differently.. no body got hurt real bad .. and thats the best deal.;)

RiverDave
07-12-2004, 01:20 PM
That's a valid point, I have not seen the boat in person just the pics.
RD

Jrocket
07-12-2004, 01:20 PM
For that thing only doing 85'ish?
RD
That hasnt been proven.

RiverDave
07-12-2004, 01:21 PM
I thought one of the dudes that was in the boat came on here and said that's what it was?
RD

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:23 PM
I thought one of the dudes that was in the boat came on here and said that's what it was?
RD
thats what I heard.. but it hasn't been determined yet.. but I don't know I wasn't in the boat.. Jamie and Carlos took the pics and e-mailed them somewhere so Jamie was there and saw the boat at the salvage co.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-12-2004, 01:31 PM
When DCB is around in 20yrs and still making quality boats then you can compare them to the top notch custom boat builders on the west coast!!!!! (Just my oppinion)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
When DCB is around in 20yrs and still making quality boats then you can compare them to the top notch custom boat builders on the west coast!!!!! (Just my oppinion)
and who might they be as of now.. so far ..in your opinion.;) :)

BLOWN HOWARD
07-12-2004, 01:37 PM
In my opinion they are a very reputable company, hope they stick around for a long time and keep up there quality in there boats.They make a nice boat. In my opinion alittle much for there boats but very nice at that.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:39 PM
In my opinion they are a very reputable company, hope they stick around for a long time and keep up there quality in there boats.They make a nice boat. In my opinion alittle much for there boats but very nice at that.
I agree.. I hope they are around for a long time.. I really can't compare to any other boat because I wouldn't know about any other boats except for what I have been in.. and or owned myself.. thats why I asked.. ;)

BLOWN HOWARD
07-12-2004, 01:42 PM
I am with you on that one only been in a handful of diff boat manufactures. Tell you what there are some reall nice ones and some that i cant believe people would pay money for.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:44 PM
I am with you on that one only been in a handful of diff boat manufactures. Tell you what there are some reall nice ones and some that i cant believe people would pay money for.:D
true.. and I agree.. but so far I have to stick behind my DCB.. LOL!! as I'm sure you will stick with your's.. so we are even.. LOL!!:D

Froggystyle
07-12-2004, 01:44 PM
I personally don't think you need to be around two weeks to be a top-notch builder. Longevity has nothing to do with quality. There are boat companies that have been around forever making mediocre boats the whole time. There are also good companies who continue to make good boats years later.
In any case, I think that DCB is probably THE top boat builder on the west coast currently. (Don't get me wrong, in my mind it just gives me something to shoot to exceed ;) ) but their quality and value have nothing to do with time in the industry. It has ONLY to do with the quality of the boat build, and the perceived value to their clients.
Lots of options out there. People are paying DCB prices because they see something intrinsically worth it.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Sounds fair to me. As you have a very nice boat at that. Hope to see it some time at the river!

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Sounds fair to me. As you have a very nice boat at that. Hope to see it some time at the river!
we will tip back a few if you see us just yell .. ;)

Jrocket
07-12-2004, 01:48 PM
RD
Not sure on that Dave.I would think he was going faster than 85ish though.Boat was broke up pretty good for 85ish.
Maybe somebody is keeping the mph down to help out on the insurance claim,just a thought is all.
:wink:

BLOWN HOWARD
07-12-2004, 01:49 PM
I think top boat builder on the west coast is pretty big but everybody is entitled to there opinion. They do make a very nice boat and very detailed from what i have seen. I think the way a boat rides that is 10yrs old has alot to say about the builder when they built it also. And how well they hold up to the yrs of abuse of the lakes and rivers.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Mrs Vee we can definetly tip back more than a few. Hope to see you out there some time.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Mrs Vee we can definetly tip back more than a few. Hope to see you out there some time.
you got it.. ;)

spectras only
07-12-2004, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
I think the way a boat rides that is 10yrs old has alot to say about the builder when they built it also. And how well they hold up to the yrs of abuse of the lakes and rivers. My boat is a 1972 model, just had it out on the ocean going through the wake of oceanliner "Nordam". Not even a hint of shake or shudder. Used my 20' in the ocean for over 25yrs ,still looking new when sold it.:cool:

BLOWN HOWARD
07-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Thats what its all about i sold my 77 20 spectra last yr and it rode like a cadilac. Good example of quality boats!!! Doesnt have to have all the bling bling to be a quality made boat.(Chrome dont get ya home)

Hiddenvalley-Kid
07-13-2004, 12:31 PM
DCB is one of the best but remember, the hulls originally came from Bob Leach at Eliminator. DCB was just a good rigger. For longevity you have to respect Spectra, Cambell, and one of my favorites was Liberty. All still bring respectable prices.

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
true.. and I agree.. but so far I have to stick behind my DCB.. LOL!! as I'm sure you will stick with your's.. so we are even.. LOL!!:D
That because last night on the 10'oclock news they featured a story about all you DCB people stating that you used to be a cult, but have now decided to call yourselves West Side DCB Gang.
Why is it that all the DCB owners only hang out with DCB owners, must be the power in numbers thing. HE HE
West Side DCB - funny shiat!!!! :D :D

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Not sure on that Dave.I would think he was going faster than 85ish though.Boat was broke up pretty good for 85ish.
Maybe somebody is keeping the mph down to help out on the insurance claim,just a thought is all.
:wink:
Sounds like a good thought to me J
85 mph and go over three times, im calling BS. We had a friend that was right there that actually helped the people out of the water, and he was under the impression that the boat was traveling way faster then 85. Everyone in that boat is lucky there not dead. All it would have taken is the boat coming around and knocking them out due to blunt impact and they all would have drowned. 85 my ass, 100+ maybe 110 more like it for a triple roll. The F-34 needs more beam, a wider boat would have had a much better chance at recovery during a hard turn.

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Hiddenvalley-Kid
DCB is one of the best but remember, the hulls originally came from Bob Leach at Eliminator. DCB was just a good rigger. For longevity you have to respect Spectra, Cambell, and one of my favorites was Liberty. All still bring respectable prices.
The diference between DCB and Eliminator. DCB's dont delaminate!! Eliminator needs to do some serious homework and look at their own race boats which come apart constantly. I have seen those boats sitting at the docks with there transoms cracked at both corners, in fact we were surprised the damn thing was even floating. Light layup or not, they shouldnt crack and seperate, they need to use differnt materials in a light layup, and they dont!!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
The diference between DCB and Eliminator. DCB's dont delaminate!! Eliminator needs to do some serious homework and look at their own race boats which come apart constantly. I have seen those boats sitting at the docks with there transoms cracked at both corners, in fact we were surprised the damn thing was even floating. Light layup or not, they shouldnt crack and seperate, they need to use differnt materials in a light layup, and they dont!!
:D lolololol, not a good thing for a high priced boat

unleashed
07-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Ohhhhhh Bob Leach is going to love you Herman!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/249crack_me_up.JPG

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Deano, Your Gay!!!!!
The King Of Custom is never going to love me. I wont by one of his boats and thats all there is to it.
We will see how good that 36 Daytona of his runs when were all out in San Diego, and the Skaters, Spectre, MTI & Nor-Tech clean him up out in the ocean. Hopefully that one doesnt crack up into peices like so many of the others that have felt the abuse of the ocean.
Why dont you have a seat in my new chair. It's hooked up to Gibsons Power at C-Horse. Death Row's havin another excecution this weekend.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/985testing.jpg

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-13-2004, 02:46 PM
lololol:D

unleashed
07-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Im not gay these guys are!:D
Deano
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/249bling9.JPG

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
Im not gay these guys are!:D
Deano
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/249bling9.JPG
The guy in the middle looks alittle hot and bothered by the stains on his pants.

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Give me a ficken break, look at this clown, with his Elton John glasses on. Wheres the fruity hat Deano?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/985PR12441054112.jpg

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-13-2004, 02:59 PM
I'm glad you guys are good friends LOLOLOLO

unleashed
07-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Those are my driving glasses bitch! I save my fashion statement glasses for when I cruise the channel.
Deano

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 03:10 PM
My Friend Unleashed................
You better be on good behavior this weekend im bringing my camera, and im not afraid to use it.
You and Charley are going down, way down. Im gonna enjoy it. Especially if you suck as good as Bling Bling

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
Those are my driving glasses bitch! I save my fashion statement glasses for when I cruise the channel.
Deano
You obviously cant see out of the ones your drive through the channel with, or you wouldnt have hit that pontoon boat, idiot.

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 03:12 PM
C,mon Dean,
Five more post and your an official w h o r e like the rest of us loser that have no jobs, and are on welfare.

Goodtime$
07-13-2004, 03:41 PM
3DO, when are you big boys running in San Diego? Bob leach is going to bring his 36 down against some East Coast tunnels?
wow, ive owned an Eliminator, i still have no idea why people are soo stoked on them to this day.
Cheers
ps. how come no one talks about the 377 talon? cuss its not a true tunnel? ive seen a few fast ones in the delta

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 06:08 PM
My understanding is that he is going to be down there for the Poker Runs West Poker Run and Radar Shoot Out at The Thunderboat Regatta (Unlimited Hydros) going on in Mission Bay. The poker run goes from mission bay to the downtown harbor which is mainly open water and gets pretty rough in the afternoon. Should be a intresting day!!!!