PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Will Trade Shaq - Maybe to Miami Heat

MagicMtnDan
07-08-2004, 09:00 PM
I personally don't care about the players they might get but I thought these facts were mind-boggling:
1. Lakers owner Jerry Buss, fed up with O'Neal's poor work ethic, propensity to report out of shape and his frequent money demands, has agreed to trade the superstar. I didn't realize Buss felt this way and I commend him for it (agree 110%).
2. Shaq's salary for next season is...are you ready for this? $27.6 million
3. O'Neal is demanding to go to a "warm-weather city."
4. O'Neal wants a two-year extension with a raise to $30 million a year.
He's an overweight. lazy, unmotivated basketball player. I hope they trade him to a team in Europe (if only that were possible).

XtrmWakeborder
07-08-2004, 09:03 PM
wish he would go to the clippers. im an underdog guy and would love to see them win for a change

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
That dude could go down as one of the greatest players in history if he wasn't so lazy. F you shaq, there's a thousand guys like you who actually want to WORK to play Bball instead of resting on your fat laurels and collecting a paycheck. The same goes for Kobe. Everyone says he's the next Jordan, but Jordan PLAYED HIS ASS OFF during the playoffs, unlike Shaq and Kobe.

Ziggy
07-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Its quite apparent that there are other players more motivated and play to win.
I could care less what happens to Shaq's B'Ball future and his cheap TV commercials:rolleyes:

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 09:24 PM
What about his new album "Shaq fu 4"?

HCS
07-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Shaq is a freek.

Ziggy
07-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Wasn't he some sort of Giant Genie too:confused: :D What was he thinking????:idea: Oh yeah, money :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Misogynist
07-08-2004, 09:30 PM
I don't watch the Lakers... I don't support the Lakers... I don't purchase any products they endorse.... I think 27 million dollars a year for being a big lazy freak is too much..... I hope Kobe goes to prison... not for rape... but for being such a moron... he is obviously a danger to himself as well as society ....:D

Kilrtoy
07-08-2004, 09:36 PM
I think if they paid him 27 dollars he is over paid to do what ever it is he does...

Dawn Patrol
07-08-2004, 10:15 PM
All I can say to Shaq is "BYE". If that Guy would just work on getting in shape & his Free throws, I think any team would give him the World. He could be so much better than he is now. Oh well. :mad:

Rvr2Bch
07-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
I personally don't care about the players they might get but I thought these facts were mind-boggling:
1. Lakers owner Jerry Buss, fed up with O'Neal's poor work ethic, propensity to report out of shape and his frequent money demands, has agreed to trade the superstar. I didn't realize Buss felt this way and I commend him for it (agree 110%).
2. Shaq's salary for next season is...are you ready for this? $27.6 million
4. O'Neal wants a two-year extension with a raise to $30 million a year.
He's an overweight. lazy, unmotivated basketball player. I hope they trade him to a team in Europe (if only that were possible).
Shaq had always been my favorite player...until last year when he reported to camp fat, lazy and uninterested in basketball. I hate to see him go, but when he does go, send him to the east so we only have to face him twice during the year. Would love to have him traded for Lamar Odom, Brian Grant and maybe bring back Eddie Jones? Who knows? We'll see where they trade his lazy ass...
-Rvr2Bch

Rexone
07-09-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
I hear Baghdad is nice and warm.
But US folks there "earn" their money too, so I guess that disqualifies it as a relevent destination for Shaq.

BigBoyToys
07-09-2004, 04:34 AM
And here a couple of months ago you guys were saying nothing but praise for Shaq, Kobe, and all the rest of the Lakers.
There are just too much egos at the Lakers Organization, from the Ownership to the management, to the players. You know, out of the 4 potential Hall of Famers that were on the Lakers Last year, (Payton, Malone, Shaq and Kobe) I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if come opening season, the only one of the 4 that is still a Laker is Gary Payton. And he probably did less than all of them for the team. I say, Kobe to the CLippers, Shaq to Miami (Mavericks and Kings are a slight underdog here), and Malone retired.
I think that the only way Shaq is going to Dallas is if Nowitzki is packaged in there, but I don't see them giving him up for a Shaq making $27+ Mil and only 2 years left on contract. The Kings, you know that they are looking at SHaq because they think that the chances of losing Vlade are real because they can't pay him what he wants (Head to the Front Office Positions Vlade....you're too old and slow), However, there has been rumors about Bibby and Webber for Shaq and that deal could be done because of the similar salaries, and it is suspicious at best that the Kings drafted 2 guards in this years Draft. Maybe the Kings have a starting 5 of Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson, Brad Miller, Peja, and SHaq. That would be a formidable starting 5, but really, I don't see it happening because of Bibby. Look for SHaq to go out and turn up the HEAT in Miami. We don't need a overweight whining Shaq here in Sacramento to mess up the team chemistry anyway.:D

v-drive
07-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
That dude could go down as one of the greatest players in history if he wasn't so lazy. F you shaq, there's a thousand guys like you who actually want to WORK to play Bball instead of resting on your fat laurels and collecting a paycheck. The same goes for Kobe. Everyone says he's the next Jordan, but Jordan PLAYED HIS ASS OFF during the playoffs, unlike Shaq and Kobe.
I agree 150%. I had dinner with some investers last week from Chicago and ofcourse Shaq,Kobe,and Jordan came up. Kobe Bryant will never be a Michael Jordan. Jordan was about basketball and Kobe is about Kobe..v-drive

HighRoller
07-09-2004, 05:31 AM
But most people, not the ones sitting here, will agree that MJ was 300% more focused on basketball than Kobe. MJ would NEVER have done anything that distracted him from Bball. I'm not saying Kobe is guilty, but MJ wouldn't even have been in the same room with that skank. MJ was the man because he lived basketball and had the talent to back it up. Kobe has the talent but he doesn't have the same mindset as MJ. It doesn't take a pro to see that one. And you can theorize about MJ's outside shooters, but how many outside shots and lay ups did Kobe get while Shaq was getting gangbanged?

dmontzsta
07-09-2004, 05:53 AM
So many rumors right now, I just wish that all this stuff will soon finalize and we can start playing basketball, so much politics in basketball right now, whatever happened to just loving the game? :confused:

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 06:56 AM
Send him someplace nice and warm in Europe like Helsinki or Stockholm......... he he he he.....

jbtrailerjim
07-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
so much politics in basketball right now, whatever happened to just loving the game? :confused:
Free agency, money, & greed

little rowe boat
07-09-2004, 01:25 PM
I wish they would get rid of Kobe instead,that work release program is going to be a pain in the ass.:D

eliminatedsprinter
07-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
1. Jordan had that chick, her name escapes me, that he fooled around with behind his wife's back for years. She tried to blackmail him for a ton of loot and he finally nutted up and told his wife and fans. Plus, he was surrounded by controversy regarding his high stakes gambling exploits, his associations and even sneaking off the Vegas and AC to gamble all night before playoff games. He was no saint.
2. It's hard to shoot double or triple teamed, try it sometime, especially against a team as athletic as the Pistons. Jordan did not knock down jumpers in his youth, he would clear out a side and draw the double, then drive to the basket and dunk or kick it out for an open 3 pointer.
3. The fact still remains that Jordan had ZERO championships during his first six years. Hell, they didn't have a winning season until his 5th year in the league. Kobe has won three championships in his first 7 years.
Jordon started out surrounded by a terrible team being double and triple teamed the whole time. Even so, he had much better numbers than Kobe in his first 7 years. Jordan was also a much better defensive player than Kobe. Kobe has some Jordan like moves, but he is not nearly as athletic as Jordan was. Kobe is a high flyer, but Jordan was a super high flyer who had the explosiveness to be a world class long or triple jumper if he wanted to. In short he was a much better player who literally played the game from a higher level. So unless Kobe learns to jump a foot higher, play much better defense, get faster and stronger, and play more consistantly he will never be another Jordan.
P.S. I have never liked the Bulls and I have liked the Lakers all my life. But since I'm not a fanatic (and I'm not saying you are) I can see that there really is quite a differance between them and we are still waiting for the next Jordan, just like we are still waiting for the next Bo Jackson...

rivercrazy
07-09-2004, 02:40 PM
If Chris Webber comes to the Lakers in a trade, I will NOT be a laker fan anymore! He is an overrated crybaby liar that has never won anything. Except calling time outs with no time left on the clock TWICE! Looser......
And if they trade Shaq to Miami for Odem and Mr. Dred's, Jerry Buss is a bigger alcoholic than I thought! :yuk:

BrendellaJet
07-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Jordan did not knock down jumpers in his youth...
Really?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/212NC_Jumper.jpg

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
If Chris Webber comes to the Lakers in a trade, I will NOT be a laker fan anymore! He is an overrated crybaby liar that has never won anything. Except calling time outs with no time left on the clock TWICE! Looser......
And if they trade Shaq to Miami for Odem and Mr. Dred's, Jerry Buss is a bigger alcoholic than I thought! :yuk:
Are there rumors about Chris Webber going to LA...:confused: You really will need a new big guy... I know he is on the market...
could be a match made in heaven!

eliminatedsprinter
07-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Jordan had the great fortune to play with tremendous outside shooters during his run of six championships. Guys that would kill you from 3pt if you double or tripled Jordan. Kobe does not have that luxury. Once Robert Horry left town, teams were free to double and triple Kobe at will. Michael Jordan didn't win crap for his first six years, Kobe already has three championships. Most basketball people, and I'm not referring to guys sitting around an internet boat forum ;), consider Kobe Bryant to be well ahead of Jordan in his all around game at age 25.
I don't know what basketball people you are talking to, but the people I know with good backgrounds in organized B-ball either laugh or get mad when they hear Kobe compaired to Jordan. Kobe (although athletic) is not near the athlete Jordan was, nor does he rebound or get assists like Jordan did. He especially isn't near the defender Jordan was. Kobe was forunate to go to a good team. Jordan went to one of the worst franchises in basketball and helped them build a team that dominated the 90s.

MagicMtnDan
07-09-2004, 03:40 PM
DON'T compare Kobe to Michael Jordan, ever. MJ had many skills and attributes but perhaps the one most important one that cannot be taught, learned, or bought is his intense desire to WIN.
Jordan had (has) a desire to win like I've never seen before. While I'm sure others in sports and business have it - he oozed it - he wants to win at everything he does.
If Kobe had half the desire to win that Jordan does, the Lakers would have easily beaten the Pistons in the finals. He doesn't and they didn't.
Kobe is great but he'll never be as good as Michael Jordan no matter how many rings he has.

eliminatedsprinter
07-09-2004, 03:49 PM
There are a lot of people inside todays NBA who are making that comparison, but they are just trying to hype todays NBA.