PDA

View Full Version : Lakers new coach Rudy T! Any thoughts?

dmontzsta
07-09-2004, 02:48 PM
I dont know much about the guy, just what I have heard about his Rockets era. How is he compared to Phil Jackson (obviously not as many rings) but as a coach.
I heard he was clocked in the side of the head by a Lakers player in 1977 and won a 3.7 Million dollar lawsuit against them. :)

MsDrmr
07-09-2004, 02:58 PM
clocked up side the head...oh thats bad.

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Rudy T is a great coach. Forget the GD rings already... Jackson's coaching was only a part of why those rings were won. He had friggin Jordan and Kobe and a fitter Shaq playing for him for goodness sake!
Rudy T is a great choice.... we'll see how Kobe feels about it...:p

MagicMtnDan
07-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Rudy T is a great coach - I think he's probably better than Phil.
The Lakers need a great coach since they're in the process of self-destructing with all those huge egos (Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Buss) not to mention the rest of the team that pretty much sucks.

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
I don't see why Kobe would care one way or another, he'll be playing for Mike Dunleavy.
Too bad he missed the expansion draft........ LOL........

little rowe boat
07-09-2004, 04:11 PM
He is a great coach,he is going to have some rebuilding years ahead.

dmontzsta
07-09-2004, 04:22 PM
I don't see why Kobe would care one way or another, he'll be playing for Mike Dunleavy.
Only if he takes a 30 million dollar paycut, unlikely! :)

dmontzsta
07-09-2004, 06:59 PM
They have plenty of cap room, Kobe is unrestricted and every move they've made in the last two seasons has been designed to make a run at him, including moving Odom, resigning Brand and Maggette (his best friend) and drafting Shaun Livingston.
We shall see... ;)