PDA

View Full Version : 0 Play for "Shaq Daddy"

Bow Tie Omega
07-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Did any of you hear on FSN last night about after the most recent rounds of Shaq's jibber jabber that the GM for the Laker's said that Shaq would not be playing for the Lakers next season, even if he was still under contract with the franchise? Looks like the "Dynasty" is really over. What would the players union say about this? Personally, I think it would be a well needed wake-up call for the big man. I have not heard it again this a.m. , Also there looks to be a snafu with the Miami deal, it may not go down. Drama drama drama in the City of Angels

little rowe boat
07-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Shaq is being a baby,because his ego got bruised.

dmontzsta
07-10-2004, 09:13 AM
There is alot of stuff in the local papers here. Riverside paper is saying the deal with the Heat is done and should be finalized by the end of this weekend.
Shaq for Brian Grant, Lamar Odom and Caron Butler (all quick decent players).
With Shaq in Miami he is no threat to the Lakers what so ever. His championship days and run are over. Sad to say, cause I remember being at the Staples Center and watching LTV before the game when he said "I want to be up there in the rafters, my jersey, I want 10 Championships with this club"
I dont know if many of you have read about the centers in the league, but it seems the trend is after 32 they start going downhill and Shaq showed that last season.
The other rumor is a loud mouth friend close to Kobe Bryant says "He and Rudy T are already planning the new season and he is waiting until next week to sign the dotted line and accept the Lakers offer for $130M over 7 years.
Rudy T's intro should come today.
I cant wait to see a quicker Lakers team.

welk2party
07-10-2004, 09:19 AM
I am a Lakers fan no matter who is on the team. Kobe is a punk? Maybe, but what difference does that make in my life? None! If the team wins and they are fun to watch, that is all that matters to me.:cool:

Dawn Patrol
07-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
I am a Lakers fan no matter who is on the team. Kobe is a punk? Maybe, but what difference does that make in my life? None! If the team wins and they are fun to watch, that is all that matters to me.:cool:
I agree, It's not like they are the Raiders.:D

rvrtoy
07-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Just tell him to shut up and sit down. He'll have plenty of time to count his money from the bench. Is there even another team out there that could afford to pick up his contract?