PDA

View Full Version : New boat - out of the mold!

Kokopelli
07-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Just came out of the mold! Our son designed the graphics and we think they came out great! They do beautiful work there at Shockwave.
Don't blink while you are at that place either! After we took some pics of the boat, we went inside to look at another Step Skier. We went back outside, and our boat was gone to the upholstery shop! LOL
We can't wait to get it on the river!
Once again, thank you to everyone that offered your help in our decision!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5969new01-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5969new03-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5969new02-med.jpg

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Very Nice!:D
Congrats on the new boat!;)

HCS
07-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Looks great!
Grab the plans to the graphics and tear them up. Quick.
Or they'll be 2 of them boating around.

welk2party
07-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Looks good. Congrats.

Kokopelli
07-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Looks great!
Uh, Oh. LOL
Guess I shouldn't post the pics.....

DryHeatOnly
07-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Ahhh, the excitment of a new Shockwave owner! Love it. ;)
The boat looks really nice Kokopelli.
I'm gonna stop by the shop in a couple hours. It looks like your boat won't be there huh :(
Where do you do your boating?

prop check
07-10-2004, 10:49 AM
congrats,looks great with classy lines and colors.

Kokopelli
07-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
Ahhh, the excitment of a new Shockwave owner! Love it. ;)
The boat looks really nice Kokopelli.
I'm gonna stop by the shop in a couple hours. It looks like your boat won't be there huh :(
Where do you do your boating?
Thanks DHO!
No, it went to upholstery yesterday, so I don't think it will be back yet.
We are Parker people, although our first trip in the new boat will be a week at Havasu. We are looking for property now, but if we can't find something in Parker, we might be moving upriver around Fort Mojave.

DryHeatOnly
07-10-2004, 11:02 AM
A week in Havasu to break her in sounds real good! :D
Good luck in your property search. :cool:

Kilrtoy
07-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Nice:D

THOR
07-10-2004, 11:08 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

HAULNZ
07-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Great looking boat :) I love the graphics they are awesome. Some new boats you see now make you dizzy. I love the clean lines you went with. Can't wait to see it in person. :D

Quality Time
07-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Congrats:D Looks Good!

Evo22
07-10-2004, 04:37 PM
good lookin graphics

redneckgirl
07-10-2004, 05:53 PM
That is beautiful!!!!! :eek: :D Will barry have you out for the Regatta.... I hope so...Please Barry I want to see it in person!!!! :D :D Congrats Kokopelli...
RNG

Kokopelli
07-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by HAULNZ
Great looking boat :) I love the graphics they are awesome. Some new boats you see now make you dizzy. I love the clean lines you went with. Can't wait to see it in person. :D
Yes, we wanted to keep it simple. We are very happy with the way it looks :)
We hope you guys can make that Havasu trip!

Kokopelli
07-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
That is beautiful!!!!! :eek: :D Will barry have you out for the Regatta.... I hope so...Please Barry I want to see it in person!!!! :D :D Congrats Kokopelli...
RNG
Thanks RNG!
I think we are looking for completion after the regatta. But that's OK. We'll just have to catch the next one :)

Havaparty
07-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Looks great!
We've already painted a deckboat like that, and we wern't the first to do it. I can't remember the name of the builder, but I saw it in Hot Boat a couple of months back.

Dan Lorenze
07-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Very nice...

Steamin' Rice
07-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Looks great, congrats

Kokopelli
07-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Havaparty
We've already painted a deckboat like that, and we wern't the first to do it. I can't remember the name of the builder, but I saw it in Hot Boat a couple of months back.
Hmmmmm. My son designed ours, and he doesn't read ***boat. We just told him that we wanted swooshes and to keep it simple. I think he came up with a great design, and he's pretty proud of it!
I am sure graphics are going to be similar (swooshes, etc.). There was another thread about copying graphics, but with all the boats being designed, I think it's difficult not to have boats looking similar. I am sure Magic didn't copy the other design out of ***boat. It's just the same ideas, and you made an original.
But that's OK, we know that the one on our boat is our original design. And, SW did an awesome job!

FRENCHIE
07-11-2004, 01:22 PM
very nice my Brotha, simple paint, but yet effective...i likes it!!;) :D

dicudmore
07-11-2004, 02:05 PM
looks good :D

shockwavebd
07-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
RNG
No shelly I don't think it will make it...but soon....;)

Havaparty
07-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Kokopelli
Hmmmmm. My son designed ours, and he doesn't read ***boat. We just told him that we wanted swooshes and to keep it simple. I think he came up with a great design, and he's pretty proud of it!
I am sure graphics are going to be similar (swooshes, etc.). There was another thread about copying graphics, but with all the boats being designed, I think it's difficult not to have boats looking similar. I am sure Magic didn't copy the other design out of ***boat. It's just the same ideas, and you made an original.
But that's OK, we know that the one on our boat is our original design. And, SW did an awesome job!
It is a real nice graphic, does he need a job?

Kokopelli
07-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Havaparty
It is a real nice graphic, does he need a job?
Funny... he was really interested in working for a custom boat company. But, he is going the firefighting route. Probably so he can afford those custom boats. ;)