PDA

View Full Version : Is this kinda weird or what?

Mandelon
07-10-2004, 03:57 PM
I had my 97 F-250 serviced at Kearny Mesa Ford not too long ago.
Both things they worked on, (ABS light, check engine light) have since re-ocurred, so I need to take it back.
I have since bought a new Chevy.
The Ford dealer called yesterday and asked if I wanted to sell the ford. They said they work with some companies that want to buy used F-250s, so they are calling everyone that has one.
I have an appointment to take it in on Wednesday to be checked and appraised. They will make me an offer..........
Never heard of this one before. Is it just a scam to get me in there to look at new trucks? I told her I already had a new one.....
What ya think about it? Worst case I waste an hour......

bigpapasean
07-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
The Ford dealer called yesterday and asked if I wanted to sell the ford. They said they work with some companies that want to buy used F-250s, so they are calling everyone that has one.
I have an appointment to take it in on Wednesday to be checked and appraised. They will make me an offer..........
Never heard of this one before. Is it just a scam to get me in there to look at new trucks? I told her I already had a new one.....
My mother bought a dodge mine van and she has been called two or three times by the dealer and was given the same storie

mbrown2
07-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Never heard of that....may be a scam, but if you have the time to waste and they come with a good price, then maybe worth the trip...

Outnumbered
07-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Both things they worked on, (ABS light, check engine light) have since re-ocurred, so I need to take it back.
I have since bought a new Chevy.
Not really a scam but a marketing angle. The companies they are talking about are wholesalers. They buy used cars from dealers and re-sell them. Your dealer will offer you $2-5k under wholesale blue book. Hopefully you buy a new one but if not they still are going to make money on your truck. Don't waste your time.
OL