PDA

View Full Version : How Many of You are

Cheap Thrills
07-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Musically inclined ?
Radios excluded. :rolleyes:
list what you play and how long you've been at it.
Percussion / Drums ,- got my first set of Rogers when I was 7 been at it ever since .
Guitar - been at it just as long and even though I have 3 , I still cant play :D
C.T. :wink:

HighRoller
07-11-2004, 01:35 AM
Played drums from 6th grade until 12th grade. Often long to return to live music but who knows.....I rocked!!!

Sleek-Jet
07-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Saxaphone off and on for close to 20 years now. :eek: ...And I'm not that old.
Used to be able to play a little piano as well.
I guess we get to find out who's the band fags around here now. :p

HighRoller
07-11-2004, 01:59 AM
After listening to Billy Joel I'd like to study music. That guy ROCKED!

framer1
07-11-2004, 06:21 AM
air guitar only not very talented in that field:D

spute
07-11-2004, 07:27 AM
i've played the bass for 21 years.. a little guitar, and used to have a drum set! oh yeah, do piano lessons at age 10 count?

Dan Lorenze
07-11-2004, 07:34 AM
I've been playing drums for 29 years...

Mandelon
07-11-2004, 08:59 AM
I used to play bass in a rock band back in college. I think we made a grand total of $400 dollars in three years of playing.
We played parties, bars and at the Miramar Air Show one year.
We even got on the radio once, and the "Beat Farmers" asked us to play with them a couple of times. )They were some barely famous San Diego band in the late 80's)....
I still have my guitar, amp and speaker cabinet, but I can hardly remember a thing.......we had about 60 tunes on our song list, some originals but mostly covers. Too many wasted brain cells I guess. I had an old VW Bus we cruised in.
But back then it was a lot of fun and helped us get laid.
:D

LASERRAY
07-11-2004, 09:13 AM
I have a 10 piece Mapex drum set, and a Fender Precision Bass. I've been drumming off and on ( mostly off ) for 25 years or so. Picked-up the Bass a few years ago but never learned to play.:cool:

Lake Pirate
07-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Blues Harmonica but I'm more the boogie-woogie type. A little rhythm guitar.

ratso
07-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I used to play bass in a rock band back in college. I think we made a grand total of $400 dollars in three years of playing.
We even got on the radio once, and the "Beat Farmers" asked us to play with them a couple of times. )They were some barely famous San Diego band in the late 80's)....
I still have my guitar, amp and speaker cabinet, but I can hardly remember a thing.......we had about 60 tunes on our song list, some originals but mostly covers. Too many wasted brain cells I guess. I had an old VW Bus we cruised in.
But back then it was a lot of fun and helped us get laid.
So, were you in a "hair band?":D

XTRM22
07-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
The Beat Farmers?.... I thought I was the only guy who ever heard of them! I worked security at a concert in Ft. Collins Co. when they played CSU's College Days event. WHere else can you hear tunes like "Revenuer Man", and "Gun Sale at the Church" Sorry to hi jack the thread, I have no musical talent to speak of although I can play Amazing Grace on the harmonica.:D
CHuck

shueman
07-11-2004, 04:35 PM
I've played guitar poorly since high school.
I now have a computer, casio keyboard w/midi interface, driving a Fender Passport. I get out there with my Squire, after a few beers, turn it up to 11, and think I'm Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, etc.
My own "one man band."..!! :D

THATJEFFGUY
07-11-2004, 04:49 PM
I play a mean Kazoo !!