PDA

View Full Version : A sad day in the 909

Moe_Havi
07-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Thought I'd take the family out for some good Inland Empire water time at the "Big Guacamole" (Lake Elsinore) when after cruising around, sucking in pea soup water spray, we decide to head over to Cranes for a cold one. We pull up and throw out the anchor when my wife spots the sign nailed to a huge palm. BAR CLOSED! BAR CLOSED? I'm crushed. This may not have happened yesterday (I don't know how long it's been shut down) but to lose this american icon is devestating. Where else can you go to cool off with a big pitcher, sitting under the misters while breathing in that so identifyable smelly air. How many places can you order a glass of burgandy and get a 16 oz. beer cup, filled to the top with some kind of ice cold red arsinic for about 3 bucks. And talk about fine dining. You haven't lived until you've tried one of their burgers, cooked in the deep fryer because they don't have a grill. Nasty but americana none the less. There's alot to be said for place with no sign that says "No shirts, No shoes, No service". In fact, if you have shoes or a shirt on, you might get tossed. How about the three pool tables marked, over 21, over 14 and the one that's all beat to shit for the under 14 bar flys. Everybody's gotta learn somewhere. Oh yea, and happy hour used to begin at 2:00 pm. Probably to accomodate that 9-1 Elsinore work force.
As long as I'm on the subject, what is it with the city of Lake Elsinore. Are they going upscale or something. First they shut down the Embers Bar on Riverside Dr. where you could always go to get a cold beer and a punch in the face...by the bartender...and the bartender is a chick with more tatts than teeth. Then they shut down Cranes. What's next...Clean lake water? Coming this fall on ABC not The OC but The IE.
Moe

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Man! and I didn't even get to go there............................:(

Moe_Havi
07-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Man! and I didn't even get to go there............................:(
Then you have'nt lived.

PlyaPlya22
07-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Moe....suppose to be heading to Smellsomore in an hour or so. I'll see if I can get some info...that does suck, we've visited the dive a few times and had a blast.

HM
07-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Moe_Havi
.... What's next...Clean lake water?
Moe
funny you should mention that!!
They have a huge project going on. They are ridding the lake of carp (something like a zillion tons have already been removed). Those things in the middle of the lake that look like a science project or shark cage are aerators. They have a couple new sources of water - the reclaimed water (which sounds gross but is treated 3 times and far cleaner than run off) and a new well. They are working on tapping a dozen wells. If you have been to Coors Light Cove lately, you probably have seen the flow of water coming in.
They will be stocking the lake with bass that likes to eat carp.
Cranes has been struggling for a while. They sold their dock to Elsinore Marina. Those deep fried burgers were the best!! Perhaps a few of us should get together and decide to lose our asses on investing in Cranes and taking it over - We could call it "Smells Like Hell, Senior." :D
If you would like to find the locals that are being forced out, you can still find them in Perris.

Moe_Havi
07-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
funny you should mention that!!
They have a huge project going on. They are ridding the lake of carp (something like a zillion tons have already been removed). Those things in the middle of the lake that look like a science project or shark cage are aerators. They have a couple new sources of water - the reclaimed water (which sounds gross but is treated 3 times and far cleaner than run off) and a new well. They are working on tapping a dozen wells. If you have been to Coors Light Cove lately, you probably have seen the flow of water coming in.
They will be stocking the lake with bass that likes to eat carp.
Cranes has been struggling for a while. They sold their dock to Elsinore Marina. Those deep fried burgers were the best!! Perhaps a few of us should get together and decide to lose our asses on investing in Cranes and taking it over - We could call it "Smells Like Hell, Senior." :D
If you would like to find the locals that are being forced out, you can still find them in Perris.
Gee, I thought those shark cages were there to keep the half shitfaced hot boaters honest in the high speed zone. As far as the water coming out of that pipe in coors cove, yesterday there were a few boats parked right at the mouth. I don't care how many time the water has been "reclaimed", I'm backing a little bit away. I'm only kidding about Elsinore, I have going there for years. Best place to go locally during the week. Glass, well, green glass all day.
Moe

PlyaPlya22
07-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
how long does it take to clean the boat when you get home?
We can usually get the whole thing (boat/trailer) done in about 1 hr. That's inside and outside.

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Is your carpet turning into concrete?
My boat carpet turns to concrete after water gets on it....:(

HM
07-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Gee, I thought those shark cages were there to keep the half shitfaced hot boaters honest in the high speed zone. As far as the water coming out of that pipe in coors cove, yesterday there were a few boats parked right at the mouth. I don't care how many time the water has been "reclaimed", I'm backing a little bit away. I'm only kidding about Elsinore, I have going there for years. Best place to go locally during the week. Glass, well, green glass all day.
Moe
What boat were you in Moe? I was there yesterday in the White & Orange Campbell Cruiser with my wife and two boys (1 1/2 & 3 1/2). also have a matching white bimini with two orange stripes.

dmontzsta
07-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Did you see a white flatty cruising around trying not to break anything? :)

HM
07-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
how long does it take to clean the boat when you get home?
I think it is easier to clean from Elsinore than the CO river water. Water spots come right off from Elsinore. It takes me a few minutes to wipe down after pulling the boat out. Although I do a little more maintenance on my boat than most. I will wipe it down a time or two on the water, and hit it with a quick spray detail after getting it home. These are habits that I developed from my old flatty that had a $10K paint job on it with a bunch of polished aluminum. The campbell is easy compared to that thing!! Shoot, the whole deck is non-skid - hose it off and looks like new. And I don't get ulcers when people use the deck as a coaster.;)

HM
07-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
Did you see a white flatty cruising around trying not to break anything? :)
What time? We got there at about 2PM and left at about 8PM. We launched at LERA.

Bow Tie Omega
07-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Man they just need to drop an A-bomb on the entire Elsinore area and start from scratch. They do not call it the methamphetamine capitol of the world for nothing. You thought Compton was bad? I have a couple of friends working for the Murrieta P.D. and they were saying that the Officers working for Elsinore seek work in places like Compton and Watts, it is more pay and a safer enviornment.

dmontzsta
07-11-2004, 01:24 PM
What time? We got there at about 2PM and left at about 8PM. We launched at LERA.
6am-12pm. Flatty water :) you know allll about that! :cool:

Moe_Havi
07-11-2004, 09:03 PM
What boat were you in Moe? I was there yesterday in the White & Orange Campbell Cruiser with my wife and two boys (1 1/2 & 3 1/2). also have a matching white bimini with two orange stripes.
I was in the cove from about 2:30 to 4 in a blue 23 chaparral with a wake board tower. 2 young boys fishing and my daughter and her friend hanging in the mud. Don't put your feet down. Anyway, it was pretty quiet there when we were there except a wakeboard boat blasting shit gangsta rap with the F-bomb every other word. I loved it when blacks could sing. Bring on the temps or the 4-tops.
Moe.

dmontzsta
07-11-2004, 09:43 PM
I was in the cove from about 2:30 to 4 in a blue 23 chaparral with a wake board tower. 2 young boys fishing and my daughter and her friend hanging in the mud. Don't put your feet down. Anyway, it was pretty quiet there when we were there except a wakeboard boat blasting shit gangsta rap with the F-bomb every other word. I loved it when blacks could sing. Bring on the temps or the 4-tops.
Moe.
ahh, sounds like those 949 kids whose parents bought them a ski boat to get out of their way, now they are at the local lakes playing rap music, until someone scary is near, then they turn it down. :cool:

SandbarScot
07-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
Man they just need to drop an A-bomb on the entire Elsinore area and start from scratch. They do not call it the methamphetamine capitol of the world for nothing. You thought Compton was bad? I have a couple of friends working for the Murrieta P.D. and they were saying that the Officers working for Elsinore seek work in places like Compton and Watts, it is more pay and a safer enviornment.
I think your friends are mistaken. But it is a rough town to patrol...getting better due to real estate skyrocketing and forcing the tweeks and other trailer trash to further places.;)

Moe_Havi
07-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
No...it's the new, upscale Lake Elsinore. Pretty soon you won't be standing in knee deep water and drop your sunglasses and not be able to find them.
Moe