PDA

View Full Version : 25 Nordic Rage Stereo Upgrade?

PHX ATC
07-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Just doing some research on stereo upgrades within a teeny tiny budget.
Here's the guidelines.
$1000 max. Okay, maybe a wee bit over, gee, golly, if I have to.
I want to keep my head unit, stock Clarion CD player.
I want to keep my 6.5"s in the rear bench seat bottom and keep the 6.5"s in the midcabin too.
I want to add 2 speakers in the open bow and 1 or 2 subwoofers somewhere.
I want to add 1 or 2 amps (kinda have to eh? )
All I want is some more punch, some oooomph, some more volume. Clarity is not a big issue since it's not a car or house. Big superhuge volume is out of my price range. Upgrading batteries is out of the question, no more batteries. Class D amps are out of my price range.
What's good? What's bad? Are the open bow speakers worth putting up there? What about heat on the amps? Waterproof speakers?
I don't care about hearing it over the engine when we're running, because that's out of my budget and I don't care about tunes when I'm running anyway. I'm looking for while we're in the boat floating and on a beach. I'm not looking to overpower the next guy, to be honest, I usually turn it off when there's others around me. I'm just looking to use it when it's just us in or around the boat.
Thanks.
Somebody page ROZ.......
I am rather ignorant on this whole stereo in a boat thing. It's not a top priority, so I'm just checking stuff out. I wouldn't be above taking 3 weeks to install it myself with some help of the peeps on here.
Toby

Havasu Hangin'
07-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by PHX ATC
Somebody page ROZ.......
He usually answers PMs (when he's not lounging in his pool).

PHX ATC
07-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
He usually answers PMs (when he's not lounging in his pool).
I came inside from lounging by my pool to check up on the world, now I won't feel so bad PMing him!:D Thanks.

ROZ
07-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Yep, Lounged by the pool (89degree ater was noice) and cleaned up my lake lice to play this week in Estero Bay, Mexico.... AAhhh can't wait to be sipping pina coladas resort side:p :D :cool:
My computer is broken and using my folk's internet.... :o

Dan Lorenze
07-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hijack, Roz, I was just at Estero Beach for a motorcycle race.. The place is pretty nice (for mexico)..
:D