Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for pump pictures

The project I'm working on isn't boat related, but I'm about 75% sure they originally used either a Magnaflow, Jabsco, or Neovane pump. Dig out those pictures,,,, I need to figure out what pump was used and how it was plumbed, and the more pictures I can see, the better.
    It's hard to see, and this is the best shot I have, but it is belt driven off the lower blower pulley.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...otgun_pump.jpg

superdave013
    I don't think Magnaflow's were around back then were they? Would be a good one to use though as it flows gang busters.
    I don't think a Neovane would cut it in a car. Jabsco prolly makes what you need with out the long neck like the Magnaflow pumps have.
    I can't wait to see this deal.

Another problem I have to deal with is rpm. The magnaflow is rated at 3500 rpm, and this engine will turn 6000. I don't have the room to go with much bigger of a pump pulley to reduce the speed, either.
    Pics, anyone?

hyevon
    if thats a crank driven pump call moon eyes in santa fe springs cal they have all those old pupms

superdave013
    Roost, most of us drive them off the cam.
    Old Neovane
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data..._pump2-med.JPG
    Magnaflow on the right. Kuhl river rat in the middle and a fuel injector pump on the left.
    Now that Kuhl pump would be something to think about because you can mount it to a Hilborn belt drive kit. Ask nice and I'll lone it to ya.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503pumps.jpg

hyevon
    looking at the picture you have that does not look like a pump looks like a shaft with a fan blade

superdave013
    Originally posted by hyevon
    looking at the picture you have that does not look like a pump looks like a shaft with a fan blade
    Look at the belt that behind the blower pulley. Looks like the pump in mounted lower then the engine.

It is mounted below the crank. I'm waiting for a response from the original builder, but it's been 34 years since he built it, and a few details are a little fuzzy to him. I'm lucky he kept all the photos he did!
    I can't run a cam driven pump. I already have a magneto and fuel pump driven off the cam.

superdave013
    to bad you didn't have just a tad more room in the cam area. That's the nice thing about the Khul pump. It bolts to the cam cover and all that other stuff bolts to the other end of the water pump. No way would it fit by looking at that pic.

It looks like I could make the Magnaflow work. Is that a -16 inlet? The dual outlet(s) is perfect, too. Since there isn't any conventional water pump (and block entry), the coolant enters the block thru the front screw in freeze plugs on each side of the block. From what little I can see from other photos, the original pump had a dual outlet also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast