Thread: Why I didnt make it to Eagle Rock....

Jet Hydro
    I know some of you are wondering why I didn't show up at Eagle Rock so I`ll post what I put on another board. I hope to make the next outing... Things have to get better some time soon.
    Well Ken, we almost made it there but the balancer on my new truck motor let go at the state line. Seem`s that the rebuilder likes to use JB Weld when they screw up the threads in the crank. Never the less, at 3:am Saturday night I turned it all back around and headed home. Made it as far as Cheney lake Hooked up with some hot boaters and made the best out of a bad trip. Nothing like 600 miles to end up 30 miles from home...lol... Well The weekend look as if nothing else could go wrong when it happened....
    The lake claims another Hot Boat. The driver was one lucky SOB. The boat broke open and shot him up and out or he would have had his leg cut off. The water pressure was the only thing that saved him. Well except you know the Big guy must have been looking down on our little group
    Here`s a few pic`s that just make a guy sick ! He was headed to the ramp and wanted to hit the gas one more time.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...13P1020442.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...13P1020446.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...13P1020452.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...13P1020455.JPG

TexasJet
    Sorry to hear that man. Your absence was noted by all. Unfortunatley, you missed a spectacular day, Saturday. Sunday was almost as good. Look forward to seeing you next year.

Jet Hydro
    I`m sure I did... We were looking forward to this event for months. I felt so sick when I opened the hood and saw the balancer doing a dance. I mixed my self a good stiff drink and sat down trying to figure out what we were going to do.
    I`m just glad to be back home under my own power.
    Now I need to go stuff this motor up someone`s A$$ :yuk:

HBjet
    glad to hear everyone is alright, but how the hell do you mess a hull up like that? The hole looks too clean.... could it be a result from a crappy repair job?
    Thanks for the photos... that water sure isn't the kind you want to make any speed runs in
    Never seen orange headers before
    HBjet

Jet Hydro
    It broke clean because of where the board were on the inside. He hit a roller on a speed pass. We were in a cove and the water wasn't all that bad but when he went out side the cove to load, he found out why I never left the cove, the hard way. I`m a bodyman so I looked it over well thinking that it might have been a repair. Not a repair at all. Couldn't believe it and I still don't but that`s what I found. I talked to some of the older people that new this boat before he bought it and they said it had never been repaired at all. I`m going to save the pic`s so when Dave post another "Why you don't want a prop boat" I`ll win

AmericanThunder1
    Hey Hydro, sorry to hear about your luck. We all had a lot of fun. The most fun I have had in a long time. Hope your luck goes better next time. we will meet you another day.

Jet Hydro
    AmericanThunder1 your more than welcome to come down for a weekend ..... You might even see the next boat go down....???? I just got done fixing my new truck motor so it`s off to the lake tomorrow
    If you want something done right, just do it yourself!
    Look`s like I might think about doing a rebuild on it this winter just to make sure it`s all good before I go back on another road trip!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    there were some VERY fast boats there this weekend and alot of great folks. I think around 15 jets were there. I have a ton of pictures I need to post after I get all caught up at work. It was great meeting everyone! I'll post pics later.
    Omega

AmericanThunder1
    Hey hydro, you are down around clinton right?
    I will be busy with my kids for a couple of weeks.
    I paid too much attention to the jet so its there turn for a while but I was thinking about trying to see if we could round up some jets for labor day weekend?? Got any ideas?