Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help with a Taylor

shootingstar72683
    I'LL CALL YA, SOME QUESTIONS ARE JUST TO PERSONAL,LOL.IF IT'S A HEALTHY LOW COMPRESSION MOTOR,THEN IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD A 150HP SHOT.I RAN THIS WAY TILL LAST YR.. TORE IT DOWN, WASN'T HURT A BIT.ANYTHING MORE THAN 150HP SHOT NEEDS FORGED PISTONS,GOOD VALVES( STAINLESS),H-BEAM RODS.
    I figured if ya wanna play ya gotta pay.

IMPATIENT 1
    i emailed ya some pics,from this summer.

SmokinLowriderSS
    In my avatar is Lowrider, the '78 SS my father bought off the showroom floor in Enid Ok. All the Taylors run either an E or F pump (and E with factory diverter) as far as I know. Was a simpler install because the hull mold gets a plug put in it and you just pop them out ready to bolt the pumps in. The intake angle is a bit steeper making a good loader more important. Mine was worked over & tuned by DuaneHTP back in winter 78/79 a grate-loader put in, and a 75HP Marvin Miller nitrous plate setup put on the 330 HP spec'd 454. She radar'd 72 according to dad back then flying solo, and he's not much for exagerations. She has the "F" pump, bronze will be the impeller this spring tho ... not gonna throw her new HP at Aluminum/Tenzaloy.
    Currently she ran GPS'd 58 @ 4600 last spring on the rebuilt & modded 454 (cam from HTP & Edelbrock manifold) and a pro-loader from HTP while still breaking the motor in (about 8 hrs) and carrying an adult passenger. Was running about 64 @4800 by end of summer without the nitrous, aprox 350HP with my wife along, and beer cooler. This spring, she will be hiding Lightning headers under her hood and a NOS Sniper adjustable 100-150HP nitrous setup. Should pull right near 400HP dry. Next winter, head porting, should be nearly 500HP hidden away, ready to pounce on suckers. :220v: She will be upside down soon to clean the hull up & re-gell it smooth, lotsa unknowns have kissed her over the years on the bottom.
    Come to Broken Bow (or wherever gets planned), I plan on being there.
    I walk on my deck every time I raft up someplace to tie up or anchor, haven't cracked a thing yet.
    The diverter helps both on the top end to "fly" more fibreglass dry (out of the water) to reduce drag and it seemed to work for us set down on holeshot. Lowrider just hurls herself onto plane flat and leaves without doing the nose-high "climb" to the top of the water.
    The olds can be made to run very strong, Taylorman has one. It IS cheaper and easier to do it with a BBChevy, no oil system mods to worry about, but it's NEVER cheap to go fast (unless you don't want to go fast very long).

IMPATIENT 1
    In my avatar is Lowrider, the '78 SS my father bought off the showroom floor in Enid Ok. All the Taylors run either an E or F pump (and E with factory diverter) as far as I know. Was a simpler install because the hull mold gets a plug put in it and you just pop them out ready to bolt the pumps in. The intake angle is a bit steeper making a good loader more important. Mine was worked over & tuned by DuaneHTP back in winter 78/79 a grate-loader put in, and a 75HP Marvin Miller nitrous plate setup put on the 330 HP spec'd 454. She radar'd 72 according to dad back then flying solo, and he's not much for exagerations. She has the "F" pump, bronze will be the impeller this spring tho ... not gonna throw her new HP at Aluminum/Tenzaloy.
    Currently she ran GPS'd 58 @ 4600 last spring on the rebuilt & modded 454 (cam from HTP & Edelbrock manifold) and a pro-loader from HTP while still breaking the motor in (about 8 hrs) and carrying an adult passenger. Was running about 64 @4800 by end of summer without the nitrous, aprox 350HP with my wife along, and beer cooler. This spring, she will be hiding Lightning headers under her hood and a NOS Sniper adjustable 100-150HP nitrous setup. Should pull right near 400HP dry. Next winter, head porting, should be nearly 500HP hidden away, ready to pounce on suckers. :220v: She will be upside down soon to clean the hull up & re-gell it smooth, lotsa unknowns have kissed her over the years on the bottom.
    I walk on my deck every time I raft up someplace to tie up or anchor, haven't cracked a thing yet.
    The diverter helps both on the top end to "fly" more fibreglass dry (out of the water) to reduce drag and it seemed to work for us set down on holeshot. Lowrider just hurls herself onto plane flat and leaves without doing the nose-high "climb" to the top of the water.
    The olds can be made to run very strong, Taylorman has one. It IS cheaper and easier to do it with a BBChevy, no oil system mods to worry about, but it's NEVER cheap to go fast (unless you don't want to go fast very long).
    man i think its cool ya have your dad's old boat!my dad had ajet,don't remember the brand(cp i think),named mr.impatient.he sold it rite before he passed away and i would give my frt. teeth to get it back!
    i think everyone that owns a taylor becomes a fan of all the taylor types(sj,sc,ss or etc.).they ride so good,i've rode in alot of jets,none touch it in ride.i've owned a 21ft taylor,2 sj's.i traded the 21ftr for my current sj.the guy i traded is paralyzed and wanted a softer ride. i'm gettn older now(turn 30 thurs.)and i wish i kept it.i'm not sellin anymore of my taylors!maybe i'll start collecting em. :idea:

shootingstar72683
    The olds can be made to run very strong, Taylorman has one. It IS cheaper and easier to do it with a BBChevy, no oil system mods to worry about, but it's NEVER cheap to go fast (unless you don't want to go fast very long).Thanks for the info. Duane is the man to get with fer sure. You said the JE came with the deverter? Mine doesn't have it, I must have read it wrong. It must be a F instead of E

Gearhead
    Smokin... By chance were you at Broken Bow on July 4th or Labor Day weekends of '05?

taylormanss
    are ya sure all taylors had an e or f pump ? I've seen a few of the earlier ones with a jc.

taylormanss
    man i think its cool ya have your dad's old boat!my dad had ajet,don't remember the brand(cp i think),named mr.impatient.he sold it rite before he passed away and i would give my frt. teeth to get it back!
    i think everyone that owns a taylor becomes a fan of all the taylor types(sj,sc,ss or etc.).they ride so good,i've rode in alot of jets,none touch it in ride.i've owned a 21ft taylor,2 sj's.i traded the 21ftr for my current sj.the guy i traded is paralyzed and wanted a softer ride. i'm gettn older now(turn 30 thurs.)and i wish i kept it.i'm not sellin anymore of my taylors!maybe i'll start collecting em. :idea:
    see if ya can find me a sj or a ssd

shootingstar72683
    see if ya can find me a sj or a ssd
    Does anyone have pictures of the different types of Taylors?

IMPATIENT 1
    Does anyone have pictures of the different types of Taylors?
    i'll email ya a pic of my sc taylor,it's ugly as hell!but that thing rode on a cloud. :cry:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast