Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help with a Taylor

shootingstar72683
    DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT THE BOAT TO DO.AFTER MY KIDS GOT OLD ENOUGH TO HANG ON GOOD,I FIGURE IT WAS TIME TO TURN MY LAKE BOAT INTO A SLEEPER.DO YOU WANT IT SAFE OR FAST?LIGHTER IS FASTER!
    I want it to run alot better than it does now. This boat is nasty, not at all cared for. I'm going to learn how to put pics on here as I restore this boat. Right now it's 3 tone.Green/Rose-red/Silver!! I mean YUUCK!!! The motor is just as nasty to match the hull,leaking oil,water,& exhaust tapping leak. It came with a Webber4bbl. It ran 48mph@4200rpm. Bought a new dual-feed Holly750. It seemed to come out the hole a little better,ran 50,maybe51mph@4400rpm. Embarassing,this thing is slow. I sure would like to dial in 65-70mph.

IMPATIENT 1
    I want it to run alot better than it does now. This boat is nasty, not at all cared for. I'm going to learn how to put pics on here as I restore this boat. Right now it's 3 tone.Green/Rose-red/Silver!! I mean YUUCK!!! The motor is just as nasty to match the hull,leaking oil,water,& exhaust tapping leak. It came with a Webber4bbl. It ran 48mph@4200rpm. Bought a new dual-feed Holly750. It seemed to come out the hole a little better,ran 50,maybe51mph@4400rpm. Embarassing,this thing is slow. I sure would like to dial in 65-70mph.
    65-70MPH WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM!!YOUR BOAT IS CAPABLE OF LOW 80'S IF YA GET IT SETUP RITE.PM ME IF YA NEED MORE INFO,I'LL GIVE YA MY HOME NUMBER. WHEN I STARTED ON MY TAYLOR, THE GUYS HERE ON ***boat HELPED ALOT!!!NOW IT'S TIME I HELPED OUT A FELLA.

taylormanss
    Get rid of that anchor and buy a real jetboat.

IMPATIENT 1
    Where Ya From Shootin Star?

shootingstar72683
    Oh Yeah, The Foam Supports The Deck, But A Little Glass Work Will Too!
    Is your deverter hydrolic,manual, or electric? Is electric and hydrolic the same?? Do you allow people to walk on the deck ,or lie on it? i don't let people walk across the hood of my car' and I felt the same about the deck. Wont it stress-crack it, or am I over protecting it?

shootingstar72683
    Where Ya From Shootin Star?
    I'm from New Orleans. I'm now in Newton Co.Ark. In the Ozark mtns.south of Harrison,Ark. I play in Bull Shoals lake, Beaver lake, once in Table Rock in Branson, Mo., but I didn't like the traffic,and the water patrols pick on jet boats when ya not even moving. Where ya at?

shootingstar72683
    Get rid of that anchor and buy a real jetboat.
    Such as?? I'm really disappointed in this boats performance, but I do like the way it looks. Like a surf board with a bbl. Sure wish it were chev powered isead of olds

Taylorman
    Such as?? I'm really disappointed in this boats performance, but I do like the way it looks. Like a surf board with a bbl. Sure wish it were chev powered isead of olds
    Easy fella, my SJ with an Olds is knocking on 70 mph.

taylormanss
    I just messing with ya,I sure wish I still had my taylor,and I'm probably gonna buy another one!

IMPATIENT 1
    Is your deverter hydrolic,manual, or electric? Is electric and hydrolic the same?? Do you allow people to walk on the deck ,or lie on it? i don't let people walk across the hood of my car' and I felt the same about the deck. Wont it stress-crack it, or am I over protecting it?
    I LIVE IN HUGO,OKLA. @ 70MILES FROM THE BORDER WITH ARK..
    NOONE WALKS ON MY BOW NOW!!!I'M SURE NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN , BUT I SPENT LAST SPRING REPAINTING AND GOING TO SPEND THIS SPRING FINISHING IT.
    STRESS CRACKS HAPPEN.THE NICEST BOATS IN THE NATION HAVE CRACKS SOMEWHERE.MAYBE YOU CAN MAKE THE TAYLOR JET BOAT MEET AT BROKEN BOW LAKE THIS SEASON.IT'S NOT TO FAR FROM YA.LOTS OF DRAGBOATS THERE!ALOT OF GOOD PEOPLE TOO.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast