Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Pleasant Question

SoCalOffshore
    I am heading out to the Phoenix area and plan on doing some wakeboarding. Is Lake Pleasant the best place to go? What is the story? Do I need to launch early on Saturday or what? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I have never been. Any good hotels in the area?? Thanks.

HAULNZ
    Lake Pleasant can get pretty rough on the weekends. If you got there early you would probably be ok. Bartlett Lake on the other hand is more water sport friendly, not as many big boats. Were are you staying in Phoenix?

SoCalOffshore
    I have not booked anything. Where is Bartlet Lake? Where would be the best place to stay. Any Micro brews around?

HAULNZ
    Bartlett Lake is in North Scottsdale/Cave Creek area. There are a ton of places to stay and party in Scottsdale. Our resident East Side Snob, Jordy, will know all the "in" places to go in Scottsdale.

roln 20s
    Hey SoCalOffshore- there are a couple of good places to wakeboard out at Pleasant. Let me know when you are going, I'd be happy to show you. Best time to go is early in the morning to wakeboard, weekend midday chop is usually not that pretty. You bringing down the Malibu (I think you have a Mali)? I'd be happy to take you out in our Malibu if you don't bring yours. Mine is sitting at the lake As for launching, you will have no problems really any part of the day- longest would be maybe 10 minutes at the marina ramp. Microbrews--does RockBottom count? We really don't have too much of that...but we do have Hooters
    Barlett lake is far North East of Cave Creek/Carefree. Its definately a drive--the lake is real small too. The other east side lakes are pretty small too, especially compared to Pleasant, but Jordy may have some insights to this
    I'm not sure what area we really need to be by, but the Arrowhead area (bell road in Glendale and Peoria) have numerous hotels--and tons of food places.
    Roln 20s

HotRod Sprint
    Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
    I have not booked anything. Where is Bartlet Lake? Where would be the best place to stay. Any Micro brews around?
    Pleasant is NW valley. Bartlett is NE valley. Either lake, if the water is your main interest, you probably want to stay on the north end. As far as micro breweries go, there are quite a few spread around, I'm just not that familiar with them. Probably need to get Jordy to chime in
    Rod

HAULNZ
    Rock Bottom is a micro brewery, there food isn't bad either. My vote would be for Pleasant, go early to get the good water, and hit Humbug Cove for the big party in the afternoon.

DogHouse
    So if you drew a line between Lakes (un)Pleasant and Bartlett, and picked a point right about in the middle, what would you find??? Why, a microbrewery of course! Crazy Ed's Satisfied Frog and Black Mountain Brewery!

carreraelite
    Damn, Brian got to it first!!

DogHouse
    Originally posted by carreraelite
    Damn, Brian got to it first!!
    Gotta be quick round these parts...
    That's gotta be a first for me. Usually I'm a day late and more than a dollar short!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast